Adams likely toast for the season...

Jack Merridew

Re: Adams likely toast for the season...

Post by Jack Merridew » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:24 pm

Indeed but if there is an inbred frailty of the connective tissues that could perchance lead to proclivities towards these kinds of mishaps then i would venture that it is not entirely outside the realm of cool ratiocination that this fellow could in fact be described in such terms.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:41 pm

douche wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:07 pm
I think injuries are a combination of things. Sometimes it's poor preparation, where a player just hasn't worked himself into game shape. Other times, it's genetics. Some players are more fragile than others. Some players are reckless, they give it their all, hoping to keep their job by sacrificing their bodies in ways that other players wouldn't. And others never recover from initial injuries, which can set them up to be injured again and again. Then there are the fluke injuries (finger caught in a helmet, etc.).

Indeed, it's unfortunate with Adams, when one considers what the team gave up to acquire him.
It didn't even look like he did much of anything on the play he got injured that would cause such a significant muscle tear. He missed the sack, clung on to Russ, got spun around, and his leg kinda got caught in the turf. Most people would walk away from that play like nothing happened.

Jack Merridew

Post by Jack Merridew » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:52 pm

Well, i would argue that is neither hither nor thither.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:14 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:41 pm
douche wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:07 pm
I think injuries are a combination of things. Sometimes it's poor preparation, where a player just hasn't worked himself into game shape. Other times, it's genetics. Some players are more fragile than others. Some players are reckless, they give it their all, hoping to keep their job by sacrificing their bodies in ways that other players wouldn't. And others never recover from initial injuries, which can set them up to be injured again and again. Then there are the fluke injuries (finger caught in a helmet, etc.).

Indeed, it's unfortunate with Adams, when one considers what the team gave up to acquire him.
It didn't even look like he did much of anything on the play he got injured that would cause such a significant muscle tear. He missed the sack, clung on to Russ, got spun around, and his leg kinda got caught in the turf. Most people would walk away from that play like nothing happened.
I had the exact same thought. Was like Sam's slide into third last night. Just spastic move....
dt

douche

Post by douche » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:16 pm

Adams is certainly gone for the season. How will the team, and more specifically the D, react going forward?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:30 pm

It's now official; Adams will have surgery and miss the rest of the season.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:32 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:30 pm
I'm sure he will be amazing next season. lol
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:37 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:16 pm
Adams is certainly gone for the season. How will the team, and more specifically the D, react going forward?
Well, they'll have to sign someone off a practice squad that can play the Weapon position i guess.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:59 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:32 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:30 pm
I'm sure he will be amazing next season. lol
I posted it somewhere else, but I don't see how they keep him. That said, I don't exactly understand the cap, so I may have had it wrong. I feel Addict or SH posted something awhile back that showed it being a pretty big cap hit.

I know you guys are joking, but they did have a plan for him. I thought he looked good. Pretending like sliding in front of another receiver and getting your hands in position to make the INT is easy is nuts. I laugh sometimes at the shit said in here about how this guy or that guy blew an easy play. It's not easy. He played well, and he played a role that fit him. It was mentioned that Sherman liked our scheme....I thought we got a bit soft late, but also thought it was because Russ was just going to underthrow every man on man receiver and draw a flag on our young corners. Adams was labeled the weapon because having a guy like that is tough on the offense. Where is he going to line up, is he rushing or covering, is he going to be in the box or back. A lot of hate on this board for the guy, but I think the defense is going to miss him.

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:29 pm

Adams is a candidate for a career change. I hear professional Pickle-Ball is coming on... not many injuries.