Yes, I like Aurora.
78%
No, Aurora is a dick.
22%

Total votes: 18

D-train

Re: OT: Should Aurora Be Reinstated

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:53 pm

Aurora was banned after dozens and dozens and dozens of posts the past few years which he attacked the poster instead of simply engaging in debate. His typical MO was to do a drive by post and then slither off to avoid any response for a couple weeks only come back with another hit piece. It was not a decision taken lightly. I reached out to other posters to get their opinions and warned him multiple times but he ultimately ignored the warnings. Actions have consequences.

He is the only forum member in 3.5 years of this forum's existence that I have ever suggested to be banned. After reading his posts the Forum owner agreed.

Here are a couple examples of what he felt was appropriate discourse which was actually blatant condescending vitriol.
auroraave wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:03 am

Your reasonable, logical, rational perspective will fall on deaf eyes to those whose ONLY perspective and rebuttal to literally anything is "PETE SUCKS!" Every problem in the world can be traced back to Pete Carroll. Everything. Really it's just two people who do it, and they just feed each other the PC hate all day, get each other all worked up, and I don't think they even believe their own nonsense - it's fragile egos keeping them from acknowledging the truths in what you, Gorgon, and SH are saying. I agree with you three 100%.

Love watching the narrative change from "Lock deserves to start because he has more upside" to "Lock should start because Smith got a DUI." Can't win the debate with feelings, exaggerations and a bunch of made up stuff, so we''ll move the goalposts to make it a "moral high ground" issue. I can't even begin got express how utterly ridiculous this is. It's like watching the White House Press secretary fumbling and bumbling to try and BS her way through questions she has no answers to, while everyone in the room knows she's completely full of shit, but she just keeps doubling down. This is getting into Brandon territory - literally saying anything, no matter how absurd, and expecting people to 'just buy it.' "The moral high ground" card. I guess we're one step from the race card. As God is my witness, I cannot believe the shit people will say to try and be "right". Where is the facepalm emoji, I need to click on it about 1,000 times. This thread is utterly embarrassing.
Re: Which QB faces off vs. RW
Post by auroraave » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:01 am

Wow, gonna be a tough year for the moral high grounders on here with the starting QB having that DUI and all. Probably won't watch any games because, you know, their high moral compass would never allow that. :lol: Now comes the backtracking, the "yeah, but..." thing, moving the goalposts, after their "theories" were absolutely destroyed. "Oh the humanity!" I'm still marvelling at how some were trying to make it a moral issue - I mean, literally saying ANYTHING no matter how ridiculous. Like watching CNN just literally making shit up to advance "the narrative."

This place is gonna be active through the Bronco game, then it's gonna be nothing but two guys screaming "Pete sucks!" and it'll become a graveyard. I'm still baffled how anyone thought this team was going to be competing on some kind of high level - especially with "Pete sucks" at the helm. I do marvel at the how the conflicting ideologies of "PC sucks!" and "we might make the playoffs!" can occupy the same brain at the same time. :lol:
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:00 pm

I don't think I ever saw those posts but they're clearly rips at the entire forum. Plus, it was weird how he'd do game summaries without watching the game itself. For me the only place Aurora can go is to his bridge. *

* denotes metaphorically, not actually

douche

Post by douche » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:03 pm

My two cents'...

Generally speaking, I get a kick out of his posts. He's obviously intelligent but sometimes lacks diplomacy.

Give him another chance and see what happens?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:31 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:00 pm
I don't think I ever saw those posts but they're clearly rips at the entire forum. Plus, it was weird how he'd do game summaries without watching the game itself. For me the only place Aurora can go is to his bridge. *

* denotes metaphorically, not actually
Or that he comes to an NFL fan forum and rips the NFL as a ridiculous joke basically insinuating anyone who watches is an unenlightened idiot. And because he an astute genius that sees that world as it truly is, he goes mountain biking or to the beach instead of watching Hawk games but then comes back here and as you said, comments on the game that he was to aloof and sophisticated actually watch. Can't make it up.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:50 pm

The thing about forums and social media in general is, if you just post innocuous, but semi intelligent, middle of the road but accurate, takes, nobody pays any attention to you. The two examples provided didn't seem that bad to me, but whatever...
It's DT's forum. He makes the rules. Like it or leave it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:08 am

trharder wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:50 pm
The thing about forums and social media in general is, if you just post innocuous, but semi intelligent, middle of the road but accurate, takes, nobody pays any attention to you. The two examples provided didn't seem that bad to me, but whatever...
It's DT's forum. He makes the rules. Like it or leave it.
Thanks for the input. Just for the record, I am the moderator which means I can delete posts but it isn't my forum. Only the owner of the forum can ban posters and he made that call after I explained the situation.

I have had discussions debates and arguments with almost everyone here but nobody has every taken to that level of personal attacks and I would hope that everyone feels the same about me. But yeah if you feel the need to be a complete dick probably not a good idea to direct it at the moderator of any forum lol Again, if it was once or twice or ten times I let it go and did so for years. But dozens of times and after multiple warnings. Good bye and Good luck.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 am

are those the only choices? I don't have to like somebody to think they should be allowed in the forum. Freedom of speech sort of thing (I know it doesn't technically fall under ACTUAL freedom of speech, but different opinions being heard makes for a better discussion).

I am a little jaded though, because I got banned from Reddit yesterday for the most STUPID reason. Get this:

Somebody mentioned that something random came from New York City.
Somebody responded "New York City?!?"
And I responded "Get a rope."

Hundreds of people upvoted because they recognized the setup and punchline from a 90s Pace Picante commercial.

Stupid Reddit mods that were probably born in 2000s and changed their gender 4 times since then decided I was "promoting violence" and banned me for a week.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:05 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 am
are those the only choices? I don't have to like somebody to think they should be allowed in the forum. Freedom of speech sort of thing (I know it doesn't technically fall under ACTUAL freedom of speech, but different opinions being heard makes for a better discussion).

I am a little jaded though, because I got banned from Reddit yesterday for the most STUPID reason. Get this:

Somebody mentioned that something random came from New York City.
Somebody responded "New York City?!?"
And I responded "Get a rope."

Hundreds of people upvoted because they recognized the setup and punchline from a 90s Pace Picante commercial.

Stupid Reddit mods that were probably born in 2000s and changed their gender 4 times since then decided I was "promoting violence" and banned me for a week.
Yeah well if you think its about freedom of speech or allowing different opinions then you didn't bother to read the actual reason why he was banned and don't even have a clue what's going on. Were you banned any of the ~557 times that you and I disagreed about something???

I agree that way the poll was presented/questions were asked was odd.

The opposite example and more fitting way of how it could have been asked:

No. He didn't do anything wrong to warrant being banned and countless unprovoked attacks should be welcomed and encourage even celebrated here even after multiple warnings as long as they aren't directed at me.

Yes. The forum is a better place without posters that insist on unprovoked attacks that completely and unnecessarily disrespect and ridicule other posters in an attempt make them appear superior without actually debating the point.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:00 am

I say bring him back. I think this forum was like a relief valve that allowed him to vent built-up rage from having to deal with leftist schmucks down in Hollyweird every day. Without this place he might show up at the Oscars wearing an explosive vest and packing a Mac 10. :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:09 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:00 am
I say bring him back. I think this forum was like a relief valve that allowed him to vent built-up rage from having to deal with leftist schmucks down in Hollyweird every day. Without this place he might show up at the Oscars wearing an explosive vest and packing a Mac 10. :lol:
Lol he can either move out of that rat hole or hire a therapist.
dt