Game of the Week: 49ers at Donkeys

SeattleAddict

Re: Game of the Week: 49ers at Donkeys

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:39 am

nobody commenting on this actual game. RW looks like a steaming pile o' crap and Jimmy G mindlessly steps out of the endzone, which actually saved him from a pick-6.
Really shows how good the two defenses were that we played. The problem is and was our defense. Starting to think Clint Hurtt isn't any better than KNJ... although trading out Wagner for Barton basically dropped us into college level.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:50 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:27 am
Denver hires someone to help Hackett manage games

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bron ... ing-games/
Too bad Carroll didn't do that about 7 years ago.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:52 am

Millikin wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:38 am
D-train wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:50 pm
Stecker of KIRO did this poll after I gave him the idea....
That's just a poll of, "which Washington College football team do you follow?" 100% of UW fans picked their guy, 100% of WSU fans picked their guy.

I don't want a guy named "Penix" on the Seahawks, and not only because I'm WSU alumni.
How about if he changed the spelling to Pennicks? :idea:

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:02 am

Eight 3-and-outs for the Broncos so far tonight. :lol:

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:14 am

But, they are winning with 4 minutes to go.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:18 am

can't believe I'm rooting for the 49ers. I feel like such a bitch.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:04 am

...and the Niners fumble it away. Pathetic

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:06 am

Millikin wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:38 am
D-train wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:50 pm
Stecker of KIRO did this poll after I gave him the idea....
That's just a poll of, "which Washington College football team do you follow?" 100% of UW fans picked their guy, 100% of WSU fans picked their guy.

I don't want a guy named "Penix" on the Seahawks, and not only because I'm WSU alumni.
I don't want a QB that lost to the Ducks after having the game in the bag with 4 minutes to go! :P
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:07 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:18 am
can't believe I'm rooting for the 49ers. I feel like such a bitch.
M's fans had to root for the damn Astros all weekend. Strange days indeed!
dt

douche

Post by douche » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:01 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:15 pm
auroraave wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:00 pm
Hawks v Atlanta is an underwhelming battle of lightweights going nowhere this season - let's embrace the suck and look at a matchup with all kinds of great storylines that impact Seattle

This has all the making of a critical early season match-up for both teams. Denver struggling with an identity and confidence crisis, while SF hands the keys to the car to their "Plan B" after the Seahawks send Plan A to the IR. Garappolo with a lot to prove - he is auditioning in a contract year; will the team rally around him? Can he avoid that one critical mistake that always seemed to plague him when he played the Wilson-led Seahawks?

Wilson has something to prove, his reputation has taken a serious beating in this young season - something the walking soundbite cliche` has not dealt with before - and when combined with his contract and a new coaching staff full of blunders, this game is practically a must-win for the Donkeys or the early season hand wringing turns into full panic mode for DonkeyNation. Will Wilson "ride" to the occasion? So much new territory for Wilson - including an overwhelmed coach failing to inspire any kind of confidence. Is this the week they get it together, or does the spiral continue?

Both teams have stout defenses, SF perhaps has the best defense in the NFC. Denver's d is close-to-on par. Could be a wash. The offenses are going to be fascinating - the experienced Jimmy G vs the new guy in Denver - two old NFC West rivals in an epic match up. Can Jimmy start his renaissaince 2-0, or does he make that critical mistake? Can Wilson channel that 'ole Seahawk magic that dominated the 9ers for a decade, or or is it gone, leaving Denver with a painful case of buyers remorse? I've always rooted hard against the Donk's - Wilson and his ridiculous entourage going there only makes me root even harder for that franchise to fail. Great early season match up with a lot at stake.

This is a really hard game to predict, except for one cold hard fact - Seahawknation will be 49er fans for 3 hours and change on Sunday night because, you know, draft positioning and FRW.

go hawks
I think this one comes down to a 69 yard FG attempt with 7 minutes left in the game. :)
This made me laugh out loud.