Game of the Week: 49ers at Donkeys

auroraave

Game of the Week: 49ers at Donkeys

Post by auroraave » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:00 pm

Hawks v Atlanta is an underwhelming battle of lightweights going nowhere this season - let's embrace the suck and look at a matchup with all kinds of great storylines that impact Seattle

This has all the making of a critical early season match-up for both teams. Denver struggling with an identity and confidence crisis, while SF hands the keys to the car to their "Plan B" after the Seahawks send Plan A to the IR. Garappolo with a lot to prove - he is auditioning in a contract year; will the team rally around him? Can he avoid that one critical mistake that always seemed to plague him when he played the Wilson-led Seahawks?

Wilson has something to prove, his reputation has taken a serious beating in this young season - something the walking soundbite cliche` has not dealt with before - and when combined with his contract and a new coaching staff full of blunders, this game is practically a must-win for the Donkeys or the early season hand wringing turns into full panic mode for DonkeyNation. Will Wilson "ride" to the occasion? So much new territory for Wilson - including an overwhelmed coach failing to inspire any kind of confidence. Is this the week they get it together, or does the spiral continue?

Both teams have stout defenses, SF perhaps has the best defense in the NFC. Denver's d is close-to-on par. Could be a wash. The offenses are going to be fascinating - the experienced Jimmy G vs the new guy in Denver - two old NFC West rivals in an epic match up. Can Jimmy start his renaissaince 2-0, or does he make that critical mistake? Can Wilson channel that 'ole Seahawk magic that dominated the 9ers for a decade, or or is it gone, leaving Denver with a painful case of buyers remorse? I've always rooted hard against the Donk's - Wilson and his ridiculous entourage going there only makes me root even harder for that franchise to fail. Great early season match up with a lot at stake.

This is a really hard game to predict, except for one cold hard fact - Seahawknation will be 49er fans for 3 hours and change on Sunday night because, you know, draft positioning and FRW.

go hawks

D-train

Re: Game of the Week: 49ers at Donkeys

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:15 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:00 pm
Hawks v Atlanta is an underwhelming battle of lightweights going nowhere this season - let's embrace the suck and look at a matchup with all kinds of great storylines that impact Seattle

This has all the making of a critical early season match-up for both teams. Denver struggling with an identity and confidence crisis, while SF hands the keys to the car to their "Plan B" after the Seahawks send Plan A to the IR. Garappolo with a lot to prove - he is auditioning in a contract year; will the team rally around him? Can he avoid that one critical mistake that always seemed to plague him when he played the Wilson-led Seahawks?

Wilson has something to prove, his reputation has taken a serious beating in this young season - something the walking soundbite cliche` has not dealt with before - and when combined with his contract and a new coaching staff full of blunders, this game is practically a must-win for the Donkeys or the early season hand wringing turns into full panic mode for DonkeyNation. Will Wilson "ride" to the occasion? So much new territory for Wilson - including an overwhelmed coach failing to inspire any kind of confidence. Is this the week they get it together, or does the spiral continue?

Both teams have stout defenses, SF perhaps has the best defense in the NFC. Denver's d is close-to-on par. Could be a wash. The offenses are going to be fascinating - the experienced Jimmy G vs the new guy in Denver - two old NFC West rivals in an epic match up. Can Jimmy start his renaissaince 2-0, or does he make that critical mistake? Can Wilson channel that 'ole Seahawk magic that dominated the 9ers for a decade, or or is it gone, leaving Denver with a painful case of buyers remorse? I've always rooted hard against the Donk's - Wilson and his ridiculous entourage going there only makes me root even harder for that franchise to fail. Great early season match up with a lot at stake.

This is a really hard game to predict, except for one cold hard fact - Seahawknation will be 49er fans for 3 hours and change on Sunday night because, you know, draft positioning and FRW.

go hawks
I think this one comes down to a 69 yard FG attempt with 7 minutes left in the game. :)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:21 pm

Man I keep thinking about the costume he wore coming to our game. How in the F did he look in the mirror and think that was a good look to go to a God Damn football game. And why wear the most emasculating accessory ever invented. The Bow tie. Bow Ties and football games should never even be within 100 miles of each other.

Dude is just delusional at this point. I am embarrassed for him.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:26 pm

The suit was dolce and gabanna - wilson was wearing it for product placement purposes - he was either getting paid or getting free merchandise or both. Virtually all his pictures now are just exercises in branding - usually he's wearing his 'goodman brand" or "Team 3." Wilson is relentless in his product shilling - he has a photog on his "team 3" that is constantly taking pics and hashtagging the brands he's wearing - and it's like 90% of his social media stuff is brand shilling. I've never seen anything like it - I follow him on insta. I wonder how long until donkeynation tires of it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:30 pm

I don't think Hackett is going to be able to Hack it....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:35 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:26 pm
The suit was dolce and gabanna - wilson was wearing it for product placement purposes - he was either getting paid or getting free merchandise or both. Virtually all his pictures now are just exercises in branding - usually he's wearing his 'goodman brand" or "Team 3." Wilson is relentless in his product shilling - he has a photog on his "team 3" that is constantly taking pics and hashtagging the brands he's wearing - and it's like 90% of his social media stuff is brand shilling. I've never seen anything like it - I follow him on insta. I wonder how long until donkeynation tires of it.
I went to their website to see if there was a more reasonable look he could have went with but WRONG! f-ing freakshow looks to be their brand. lol

https://us.dolcegabbana.com/en/fashion/ ... ts|Blazers
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:51 pm

I'm such a slave to fashion, not. I've never even heard of dolce and gabanna.

It sounds like the opening act for Milli Vanilli.

Go Niners.

Go Hawks.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:14 pm

Speaking of fashion, I am pretty particular in terms of what I buy and wear but I will never understand the obsession other guys have with what other guys wear while playing sports. I have seen literally THOUSANDS of tweets about Hawks and M's uniforms.

I honestly don't even notice what uniforms they are wearing. I wonder if when these guys go to weddings they spend 20 minutes talking about what the Groom and Groomsmen are wearing???
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:24 pm

Sports fashion is a huge industry, just shoes is hugh, women are interested in wedding fashion, guys sports fashion

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:27 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:24 pm
Sports fashion is a huge industry, just shoes is hugh, women are interested in wedding fashion, guys sports fashion
Sure but women are actually going to wear that stuff. What fan walks down the street in a football or baseball uniform other than a Jersey when you go to the game.
dt