NYG @ SEA game thread

Millikin

Re: NYG @ SEA game thread

Post by Millikin » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:09 am

Great solid win against a hot team.

Keeping Barkley quiet for an entire game, minus short TD, is really something.

Too bad Denver had to screw with our draft position by stealing one against horrible Jaguars. Jags should have kept Minshew.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:29 am

And it feels like Pete getting them on a roll

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:26 am

Millikin wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:09 am

Too bad Denver had to screw with our draft position by stealing one against horrible Jaguars. Jags should have kept Minshew.
Right? Man, the Golden boy is probably wishing he was back at Clemson. He is terrible.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:00 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:29 am
And it feels like Pete getting them on a roll
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:49 pm

The funny thing is, the issue wasn't at all that they ran the ball too damn much, and as odd as it sounds, it is starting to look like the over all scheme wasn't the problem. Looking at what Russ Wilson has done since the 5 and 0 start in 2020 is mind blowing. We all, OK, well, many of us, especially me, blamed Pete for the slow starts. That doesn't happen now. For the conservative play calling. That doesn't really happen now either. I mean, we aren't the KC Chiefs, but we certainly aren't three yards and a cloud of dust either.

What if it was all on Russ?

1. Slow Starts
2. Clock Management
3. Breaking the huddle late
4. No audibles

I would LOVE to hear someone interview Greg Olson now. Remember? Last year I think? He was telling the world why Russ Wilson felt like he needed out, and basically blamed the organization and Pete for holding him back. I wonder what his opinion is now? Imagine if Geno hadn't thrown the pick against the Rams and we came back and won, or he hadn't fumbled the next week and we came back and won? Russ coming back and being terrible would have been why we missed the playoffs, not his injury.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:21 pm

Hawks lead the NFC in points with 210. 2nd in the NFL. Chiefs #1.

Broncos are 2nd to last in the NFL with 121, only higher than the Texans 116. But the Texans have only played 7 games. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:40 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:49 pm
The funny thing is, the issue wasn't at all that they ran the ball too damn much, and as odd as it sounds, it is starting to look like the over all scheme wasn't the problem. Looking at what Russ Wilson has done since the 5 and 0 start in 2020 is mind blowing. We all, OK, well, many of us, especially me, blamed Pete for the slow starts. That doesn't happen now. For the conservative play calling. That doesn't really happen now either. I mean, we aren't the KC Chiefs, but we certainly aren't three yards and a cloud of dust either.

What if it was all on Russ?

1. Slow Starts
2. Clock Management
3. Breaking the huddle late
4. No audibles

I would LOVE to hear someone interview Greg Olson now. Remember? Last year I think? He was telling the world why Russ Wilson felt like he needed out, and basically blamed the organization and Pete for holding him back. I wonder what his opinion is now? Imagine if Geno hadn't thrown the pick against the Rams and we came back and won, or he hadn't fumbled the next week and we came back and won? Russ coming back and being terrible would have been why we missed the playoffs, not his injury.
Wilson came back at least 2 weeks too soon. Geno was doing just fine.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:54 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:40 pm

Wilson came back at least 2 weeks too soon. Geno was doing just fine.
Meh, maybe. He looked real good against the Rams until the pick, which wasn't really his fault. He looked great against the Jags, but pretty bad against the Steelers and Saints. I do agree that Russ came back too early, and that Geno would have been better, but not sure I would label Geno's play those three plus games as fine.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:59 pm

Olson? How about Colin fucking Cowherd, what's he got to say?

douche

Post by douche » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:59 pm

Millikin wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:09 am

Agreed. Very impressive.