NYG @ SEA game thread

Michael K.

Re: NYG @ SEA game thread

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:18 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:59 pm
Olson? How about Colin fucking Cowherd, what's he got to say?
The last time I even paid attention was after one of the Bronco debacles on National TV. He had a segment that he was going to talk about Russ, and he spent the first five or six minutes explaining that he doesn't care what anyone says, Seattle still sucks. He is very stubborn when it comes to this stuff. I like Colin, but he is extremely stubborn when he is wrong.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:19 pm

Currently the 3 seed in the NFC
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:33 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:19 pm
Currently the 3 seed in the NFC
Tampa will sneak in because that Division is dogshit. The Rams and Bucs play next week, in a game I don't think the Rams can afford to lose. The Falcons play a banged up Chargers team, but one coming off a bye, so my guess is the Falcons and Bucs both lose and the standings don't change for a week. Someone has to win that Division, and my guess is if the Bucs don't the Saints will. Probably at 8 and 9. Imagine if the Bucs lose to the Rams and then to us the next week across the pond!? Still, I think the Bucs win that division.

The Rams play the Cards week 9, so one of those teams is in big trouble more than likely. I just think the Rams get right, probably winning both of those games. Stafford looked better yesterday, they just do now match up with the Niners. I mean, if Tartt doesn't drop a pick that hit him in the face, the 49ers beat them in the NFCCG and it's like what, 8 straight for the Niners over the Rams?

The Packers though are done.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:19 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:33 pm
I wonder if the Packers organization is re-thinking all those millions that they spent on Rodgers.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:27 pm

How much could you have won betting the Rams Bucs and Pack all miss the playoffs....
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:00 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:19 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:33 pm
I wonder if the Packers organization is re-thinking all those millions that they spent on Rodgers.
Hard to imagine they aren't. I mean, wasn't that the entire reason they let Adams walk...no cap room?
The new deal bumps up his pay this season while lowering the cap figure. The Packers' quarterback is set to earn $42 million in 2022, $59.515 million in 2023 and $49.3 million in 2024, per Pelissero, getting him to the three-year, $150.815 million mark.
Mar 15, 2022
Bumped up his pay, but lowered the cap figure....and they still let Adams go?

douche

Post by douche » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:19 am

Jim Moore: These Seahawks could be one of the best storylines in Seattle sports history

Tacoma News Tribune
Jim Moore
Mon, October 31, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.

Are you still skeptical? Do you think the Seahawks will suddenly go from surprisingly good to the trash team they were expected to be? Think that Geno Smith will start playing like the journeyman backup he’s always been? Or that the defense can’t possibly keep playing like this?

I admit to being cynical about almost everything, but with the Seahawks I’m finding it might just be OK to let my guard down and enjoy what could end up being one of the best storylines in Seattle sports history. Is that overhyping what’s happening? Maybe, but you could just as easily say maybe not.

This team was supposed to finish last in the division, yet they’re first in the NFC West at 5-3. Smith was supposed to be anywhere from terrible to marginal, yet here he is, an MVP candidate.

They were supposed to win five or six games max, and now 10 wins seems possible, as does a playoff berth.

And Pete Carroll, for as good as he’s been, was supposed to be done as a head coach, a 71-year-old whose best years were behind him.

“All the people (who say) you run the ball too much, you don’t understand football, you can’t stay up with the new game,” Carroll said after Sunday’s 27-13 win over the Giants. “That’s a bunch of crap. Cuz look, we’re doing fine.”

If I’m a coach of any team anywhere, I’m using the Seahawks as an example for my players, of what can happen with complete buy-in and belief.

“It’s amazing what we can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit,” said Tyler Lockett, who fumbled inside the Seahawks’ 5-yard line and dropped a certain touchdown reception. But he bounced back to make a 33-yard, go-ahead touchdown grab in the fourth quarter after being consoled and encouraged by Smith and Carroll on the sideline.

In the past when Carroll got overly excited, the cynical side of me would think: “Yeah, yeah, yeah, coach, come on man, dial it down a bit.”

But this season I watch him and think: “Good for him. How rewarding it must be to prove the doubters wrong. Go ahead and dance and run into side judges and draw a penalty if you want, coach, I’d be laughing my butt off too.”

And Geno? Good Lord, what a crazy turn of events. He’s making $3 million this year but has played well enough this season to warrant a contract extension for an average of anywhere from $20 million to $30 million a year.

If you truly believe that all good things must come to an end, you haven’t looked at the Seahawks’ schedule or the teams that are ahead of them in the NFC. In the next month, they face the 3-5 Cardinals in Glendale on Sunday, the 3-5 Buccaneers in Germany on Nov. 13th and after a bye, the 2-5 Raiders at Lumen Field on Nov. 27th. It’s reasonable to expect them to emerge from that stretch at 7-4.

By then maybe the unbeaten Eagles will have finally lost a game. The 6-1 Vikings can’t possibly keep that up, can they? And the Cowboys at 6-2? Sure, they look to be slightly better than the Seahawks right now, but that could change in the second half of the season.

Point being, along with the 6-2 Giants, those are the Seahawks’ main competitors in the NFC. If they were in the AFC, I wouldn’t think they’d have a shot at the Super Bowl since they’d have to get past the Bills and the Chiefs.

Plus everyone seems to think the 49ers are the favorites to win the NFC West after acquiring Christian McCaffrey, but they’re 1-1 with him after beating the Rams on Sunday. The Rams don’t look like Super Bowl champions anymore, and the Cardinals are erratic, projecting to be an 8-9 team at best.

Tell me what I’m missing. I see a Seahawks team with a good — perhaps even great — quarterback, good running game, improving offensive line, more than adequate tight ends and terrific receivers. On the other side of the ball, the defense has made an amazing turnaround in the past three weeks, suggesting that it’s more permanent than temporary. They’ve not only won their last three games, they’ve won every one of them by 10 points or more.

So put the skepticism aside and prepare for a run like the Mariners made: a trip to the playoffs and even some postseason noise along the way.

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:39 am

douche wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:19 am
Jim Moore: These Seahawks could be one of the best storylines in Seattle sports history

Tacoma News Tribune
Jim Moore

Are you still skeptical? Do you think the Seahawks will suddenly go from surprisingly good to the trash team they were expected to be? Think that Geno Smith will start playing like the journeyman backup he’s always been? Or that the defense can’t possibly keep playing like this?

I admit to being cynical about almost everything, but with the Seahawks I’m finding it might just be OK to let my guard down and enjoy what could end up being one of the best storylines in Seattle sports history. Is that overhyping what’s happening? Maybe, but you could just as easily say maybe not.

This team was supposed to finish last in the division, yet they’re first in the NFC West at 5-3. Smith was supposed to be anywhere from terrible to marginal, yet here he is, an MVP candidate.

They were supposed to win five or six games max, and now 10 wins seems possible, as does a playoff berth.

And Pete Carroll, for as good as he’s been, was supposed to be done as a head coach, a 71-year-old whose best years were behind him.

“All the people (who say) you run the ball too much, you don’t understand football, you can’t stay up with the new game,” Carroll said after Sunday’s 27-13 win over the Giants. “That’s a bunch of crap. Cuz look, we’re doing fine.”

If I’m a coach of any team anywhere, I’m using the Seahawks as an example for my players, of what can happen with complete buy-in and belief.

“It’s amazing what we can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit,” said Tyler Lockett, who fumbled inside the Seahawks’ 5-yard line and dropped a certain touchdown reception. But he bounced back to make a 33-yard, go-ahead touchdown grab in the fourth quarter after being consoled and encouraged by Smith and Carroll on the sideline.

In the past when Carroll got overly excited, the cynical side of me would think: “Yeah, yeah, yeah, coach, come on man, dial it down a bit.”

But this season I watch him and think: “Good for him. How rewarding it must be to prove the doubters wrong. Go ahead and dance and run into side judges and draw a penalty if you want, coach, I’d be laughing my butt off too.”

And Geno? Good Lord, what a crazy turn of events. He’s making $3 million this year but has played well enough this season to warrant a contract extension for an average of anywhere from $20 million to $30 million a year.

If you truly believe that all good things must come to an end, you haven’t looked at the Seahawks’ schedule or the teams that are ahead of them in the NFC. In the next month, they face the 3-5 Cardinals in Glendale on Sunday, the 3-5 Buccaneers in Germany on Nov. 13th and after a bye, the 2-5 Raiders at Lumen Field on Nov. 27th. It’s reasonable to expect them to emerge from that stretch at 7-4.

By then maybe the unbeaten Eagles will have finally lost a game. The 6-1 Vikings can’t possibly keep that up, can they? And the Cowboys at 6-2? Sure, they look to be slightly better than the Seahawks right now, but that could change in the second half of the season.

Point being, along with the 6-2 Giants, those are the Seahawks’ main competitors in the NFC. If they were in the AFC, I wouldn’t think they’d have a shot at the Super Bowl since they’d have to get past the Bills and the Chiefs.

Plus everyone seems to think the 49ers are the favorites to win the NFC West after acquiring Christian McCaffrey, but they’re 1-1 with him after beating the Rams on Sunday. The Rams don’t look like Super Bowl champions anymore, and the Cardinals are erratic, projecting to be an 8-9 team at best.

Tell me what I’m missing. I see a Seahawks team with a good — perhaps even great — quarterback, good running game, improving offensive line, more than adequate tight ends and terrific receivers. On the other side of the ball, the defense has made an amazing turnaround in the past three weeks, suggesting that it’s more permanent than temporary. They’ve not only won their last three games, they’ve won every one of them by 10 points or more.

So put the skepticism aside and prepare for a run like the Mariners made: a trip to the playoffs and even some postseason noise along the way.
I always liked the go-to-guy. I don't care what anyone says.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:26 am

trharder wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:39 am
douche wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:19 am

Tacoma News Tribune
Jim Moore

I always liked the go-to-guy. I don't care what anyone says.
So do I. Avid Dog lover. I met him at an LPGA event about 10 years ago at Sahallee. Solid down to earth guy that wears his heart on his sleeve. Salt of the Earth....
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:24 pm

He is a cartoon character. No reason to hate him, but like him? His act was pretty lame, in my opinion. Once blamed the lack of snow on why the Cougars lost, then two years later, blamed the snow for why Minshew sucked and the Dawgs kicked their ass. He just bitched and moaned too much for my liking. I get it, your are a Coug alum, you have had bad shit happen in your sports rooting career, but come on. Stop crying already.

I would get pissed after my team lost, it was like Jim would get depressed and want to cry and whine and give six excuses for why they lost.