A way too early 2-round mock draft.

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: A way too early 2-round mock draft.

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:32 pm

Are you no longer bullish on Koby Bryant's future with the Seahawks?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:03 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:32 pm
Are you no longer bullish on Koby Bryant's future with the Seahawks?
I am but he will never be a lock down corner. Good player and was drafted in the appropriate round.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:15 pm

We are in line for the 4th and 16th picks. Its pretty obvious to me that the biggest holes are a legitimate pass rusher and a linebacker that is better than Cody Barton. We should be able to plug those easily with the picks we have. I really don't like fans who are so myopic that they want to take local guys in the draft but man if Michael Penix is there in the second round I'd really like to see the hawks take him. He seems kind of like a Geno Smith clone and would be the perfect guy to learn under Geno for a couple of years to be groomed for taking over.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:31 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:15 pm
We are in line for the 4th and 16th picks. Its pretty obvious to me that the biggest holes are a legitimate pass rusher and a linebacker that is better than Cody Barton. We should be able to plug those easily with the picks we have. I really don't like fans who are so myopic that they want to take local guys in the draft but man if Michael Penix is there in the second round I'd really like to see the hawks take him. He seems kind of like a Geno Smith clone and would be the perfect guy to learn under Geno for a couple of years to be groomed for taking over.
I personally would be fine with that being the result of our first two rounds. Impact Pass Rusher and LB. We can't rush the passer or stop the run, so seems like a pretty big need to me. Penix only worries me because of what you mentioned. I have watched damn near every game, and am a Huge Husky fan, so am pretty biased, but he seems to have all the tools. I would love to see another draft like last year's...no reaches, no trading back to add mediocre depth, take a good player at a position of need. Edge, LB and QB will do just that. Then I would say take the BPA of Interior Line, LB, CB, Safety or WR. IMO, this defense is much closer to the one we saw against Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa and Vegas than the one that played Arizona twice. That said, I think we are pretty weak at Center and Guard, so wouldn't be pissed if we took one in the second.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:24 pm

Isn't 16 high to take a true LB? This guy was the first one taken and it was at 22.

QUAY WALKER 49.8 PFF rating.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:26 pm

dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:27 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:24 pm
Isn't 16 high to take a true LB? This guy was the first one taken and it was at 22.

QUAY WALKER 49.8 PFF rating.
Good point. Maybe they go Edge, DT, Penix and then a LB or interior O Line? The argument for LB, as I recall it, was that a team like Baltimore that played a 3 - 4 could and should prioritize it, but not us, who had Bobby and KJ and only played 2 or 3 LBs at once. We can NOT stop the run, so maybe a stud ILB is worth a second round pick for us, just not everyone? Personally? I don't really like it. I feel like if you go Defense early it has to be a guy that rushes the passer or covers a Receiver. LBs can be had later. That said? Urlacher was the 9th over all pick. Ray Lewis was 26th overall. Junior Seau was 5th overall. Pat Willis was 11th overall. As I searched that I also believe that London Fletcher was a FA and Zach Thomas was like a fifth rounder. That said, there have been some real game changers taken early, very early. IMO, the game is changing again. I realize there are great QBs right now, but many of them are great because of their mobility and ability to run. I also think teams are running the ball more efficiently now than in recent memory. Some of that could be the struggles to add real pocket passers, others could simply be that the fact that no one practices or plays in the Pre Season anymore the run game is easier to scheme up.

I am not going to pretend to have much knowledge about the available players, and until guys start declaring it is probably a feeble discussion anyway. TBH? We have played way above our heads this year, and maybe should just go into next year's draft with the strategy of taking the BPA. Besides OT and TE? We aren't exactly loaded anywhere.

Anyone on defense could help, since we have zero pass rush and can't stop the run. The interior of our O Line seems to be a problem, as we can't really establish a run. Bad combo, can't run the ball or stop the run. Makes for some painful football to watch. So? Fixing that would be fine with me.

As good as Geno has been he is showing regression, or is the League figuring him out? Either way. He has had many chances in a Seahawk uniform to Win games late, and has failed pretty much every time unless I am forgetting one? I would hate to take a RB early, but it worked out with Walker, so who knows? You can always take a lock down CB and it's a good pick, our Safeties are either getting up their in age, injury prone, or both. Shit, even at WR it never hurts to have multiple weapons.

Unless we drafted a Tackle, TE or Special Teamer in the first two rounds, would we really look at it as a luxury pick and not filling a need?

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:37 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:31 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
I personally would be fine with that being the result of our first two rounds. Impact Pass Rusher and LB. We can't rush the passer or stop the run, so seems like a pretty big need to me. Penix only worries me because of what you mentioned. I have watched damn near every game, and am a Huge Husky fan, so am pretty biased, but he seems to have all the tools. I would love to see another draft like last year's...no reaches, no trading back to add mediocre depth, take a good player at a position of need. Edge, LB and QB will do just that. Then I would say take the BPA of Interior Line, LB, CB, Safety or WR. IMO, this defense is much closer to the one we saw against Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa and Vegas than the one that played Arizona twice. That said, I think we are pretty weak at Center and Guard, so wouldn't be pissed if we took one in the second.
Listen to me carefully Hawk fans. TRADE A DAY 2 OR 3 PICK FOR A 2024 1ST & WITH BOTH THOSE FIRSTS FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS H. CHRIST TRADE THE F UP AND TAKE USC QB CALEB F'ING WILLIAMS.

Everybody get that.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:49 am

In the 2024 draft?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:44 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:37 am
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:31 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Listen to me carefully Hawk fans. TRADE A DAY 2 OR 3 PICK FOR A 2024 1ST & WITH BOTH THOSE FIRSTS FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS H. CHRIST TRADE THE F UP AND TAKE USC QB CALEB F'ING WILLIAMS.

Everybody get that.
TRADE A DAY 2 OR 3 PICK FOR A 2024 1ST
:|
dt