Re: A way too early 2-round mock draft.

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:22 am

Bil522 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:03 am
D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:03 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:00 pm
Yes, which is why I will be pissed if we trade down. Don't add more quantity, add more quality. If they trade, it needs to be to move up for someone special, not move back and back for a higher number of mediocre.
Just no other side to this argument.
There is a total other side of the argument. What if some one offers you a next year #1 pick? What if you don't necessarily need star players at a spot(think a KJ Wright type) but you do need cheap depth....trading back allows you to get that depth. For the most part draft picks are better than UDFA to get you depth. Yes, hindsight in drafting is 20/20 but there is so much more that needs to be taken into an account when it comes to drafting.

I will say this....whoever was responsible for drafting the OL this past year needs a raise.
1st option - trade up for Will Anderson (Jalen Carter not a bad fallback)

Use whatever you have in your arsenal to trade up for this dude. Legit sure fire lock. Pete would be foaming at the mouth to get this guy.

2nd - trade whatever picks you have for a 2024 1st. I'm telling you guys right now. This USC is LEGIT. Kid put on a show on Saturday. What their doing in Riley's 1st year at SC is nothing short of astounding. 1 legit NFL player on the entire roster this year. I'm using whatever picks I can to trade for a 1st next year. I'm not saying tank for Caleb WIlliams. Let the Houstons & Indys & Carolinas burn there picks this year on so-so talent. Another one to watch potentially is Anthony Richardson from Florida. He could go back for another & enter the 2024 draft. Looks like an ultra athletic type kid. So again no guarantees this year I'm just saying.

We all pray to God Denver chokes these last 4-6 games. The way they've been playing they should be underdogs in every game. Still don't think they've scored in the redzone at all this season (could be wrong).

The only other potentially glaring thing I think we could need is maybe a Center & that's it.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:57 am

Aaron Curry was considered a can't miss pick, he missed

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:46 pm

FFS this has Cam Ward, a Coug and Jake Haener in the top 10 QBs to be drafted and no Penix. LOL

https://nflmocks.com/2022/11/18/2023-nf ... -rankings/
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:06 pm

nothing misses more than "can't miss" "locks" in the NFL draft.

I'm baffled by the lack of attention Penix gets. I checked the odds for Heisman winners and he's not even on there, but Bo Nix is like 4th or 5th best odds. How? He makes his living running thru gigantic holes in the middle of the best O-line in the country. Penix has a damn good O-line as well, but when you lead the nation in passing for a top-15 program you'd think you'd get SOME attention. I also think he's a better pro prospect, with the only real knock on him being injury history.

Hopefully he reads those odds and decides to come back to UW next year. I just can't stand the thought of going back to Dylan Morris.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:55 pm

I don't want depth, I want a difference maker. I highly doubt anyone is trading us their pick next year for this year's number 5 and we jump at it. I guess it would depend on the pick they give us this year, but I am tired of watching studs get drafted so we can move back and get Ifedi, LJ Collier, C Mike, or McDowell.

The best draft we had in years was last year. Why? They didn't reach and they didn't trade away high picks to load up on mid picks. Again, AA is going to hate this, but lets look at the McDowell scenario. Not just because it was a disaster, since he never played, but because it's the one I can remember. We traded down three times, from 26 to 35. The article I posted a few pages back says it was a success because we got Chris Carson. I would argue we may have gotten him any way, but the other players we got? Didn't get jack shit. So, we traded away from first round talent to add Lano Hill, Tedrick Thompson and Mike Tyson....plus Carson. Again, we might have gotten Carson anyway.

Who did we miss out on by trading back? Here are the players taken with the 26th pick down to when we drafted.

TreDavious White
First-team All-Pro (2019)
Second-team All-Pro (2020)
2× Pro Bowl (2019, 2020)
NFL interceptions co-leader (2019)
PFWA All-Rookie Team (2017)

Taco Charlton
Below average career at best

TJ Watt
NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2021)
3× First-team All-Pro (2019–2021)
Second-team All-Pro (2019)
4× Pro Bowl (2018–2021)
2× Deacon Jones Award (2020, 2021)
NFL forced fumbles co-leader (2019)

David Njoku
Pretty damn good TE, easily would have started for us, IMO.

Rueben Foster
Full disclosure? The guy I wanted, and he has been a complete bust...mostly because he can't stay out of trouble

Ryan Ramczyk
First-team All-Pro (2019)
2× Second-team All-Pro (2018, 2020)
PFWA All-Rookie Team (2017)

Kevin King
Has struggled for sure, but been serviceable.

Cam Robinson
Definitely more decorated as a college player than a pro, but has been a starting Tackle since day one.

Missed out on 3 Pro Bowlers, two first team All Pros, not to mention Njoku, Foster and Cam Robinson. WHY!? Because we wanted to load up on mid round picks to get, yep, Lano Hill, Tedrick Thompson and Mike Tyson.

Give me difference makers, we have plenty of Hill, Thompson and Tyson's.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:47 pm

Article on Hawk biggest draft busts , the entire 1985 draft is number one. We lament McDowell never playing in the NFL. Check that out, what adraft lola
. Seattle used their first pick on Owen Gill (RB, Iowa). He never played a down for the Seahawks, but it gets worse. They could have snagged Herschel Walker who was entering the NFL after starting his pro career with the New Jersey Generals.

The third round led them to wide receiver Danny Greene (Washington), who never played in the NFL.

Tony Davis (TE, Missouri) was their fourth-round selection and had the same NFL career as Greene
https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/ ... s.amp.html

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:45 am

Holmgren had some whoppers too. Remember Lamar King? How about Mo Fucking Morris when Bryan Westbrook was available?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:50 am

They have Koren Robinson at number 12, I guess because of who they could have chosen, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss or Chad Johnson. Aaron Curry would seem a much bigger bust, I was thinking number one but they got him at 13th actually, I guess because that entire first round in general was a failure

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:52 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:50 am
They have Koren Robinson at number 12, I guess because of who they could have chosen, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss or Chad Johnson. Aaron Curry would seem a much bigger bust, I was thinking number one but they got him at 13th actually, I guess because that entire first round in general was a failure
Curry was the 4th overall pick. The guy picked #2 overall by the Rams (OT Jason Smith) had an even lower wAV than Curry...

Screenshot_20221124-084530_(1).png
Screenshot_20221124-084530_(1).png (312.86 KiB) Viewed 210 times

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:55 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:52 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:50 am
Curry was the 4th overall pick. The guy picked #2 overall by the Rams (OT Jason Smith) had an even lower wAV than Curry...

Screenshot_20221124-084530_(1).png
Clay Mathews was the pick
dt