Re: A way too early 2-round mock draft.

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:14 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:09 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:37 pm
This is just NUTS! Doug Farrar is a guy I really respect and he also has us taking a TE with the 7th overall pick?!!?!? WTF?

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/gall ... ce=twitter
while I agree that's ridiculous, considering how much we've been using 3 TE sets, and the fact that he considers Mayer the "next Gronk" it kinda makes sense. Personally, I don't think he's the next Gronk, and also think Gronk is only Gronk because of Brady, but theoretically, would you take George Kittle with the #7 pick, even if you had 3 competent TEs? Yes, yes you would.

That said, if we have the #7 pick and use it on anything other than DL, LB, or OL, (or QB if Geno isn't around), I might lose my mind.
We are set at Tackle so using #7 on OL would also be crazy. Edge rusher or CB is what I want.
CB? We have two stud rookie CBs, a 2nd year stud CB, and a re-tread stud young CB. That's about the least of our needs. We probably need a young S before CB. For OL, I figure we need a C and an upgrade at G. There's probably nobody worthy of a top-10 pick at those positions - just saying our biggest needs are upfront. Probably could use a WR too, but lower priority.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:56 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:41 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:14 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:09 pm

while I agree that's ridiculous, considering how much we've been using 3 TE sets, and the fact that he considers Mayer the "next Gronk" it kinda makes sense. Personally, I don't think he's the next Gronk, and also think Gronk is only Gronk because of Brady, but theoretically, would you take George Kittle with the #7 pick, even if you had 3 competent TEs? Yes, yes you would.

That said, if we have the #7 pick and use it on anything other than DL, LB, or OL, (or QB if Geno isn't around), I might lose my mind.
We are set at Tackle so using #7 on OL would also be crazy. Edge rusher or CB is what I want.
CB? We have two stud rookie CBs, a 2nd year stud CB, and a re-tread stud young CB. That's about the least of our needs. We probably need a young S before CB. For OL, I figure we need a C and an upgrade at G. There's probably nobody worthy of a top-10 pick at those positions - just saying our biggest needs are upfront. Probably could use a WR too, but lower priority.
Our CBs are ranked 32nd 52nd and 83rd out of 115. We need Sauce Gardner (ranked 3rd)/2014 Sherman level elite to pair with Woolen.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:56 pm

Our CBs are ranked 32nd 52nd and 83rd out of 115. We need Sauce Gardner (ranked 3rd)/2014 Sherman level elite to pair with Woolen.
You've GOT to get off PFF. The difference between the #5 guy and the #35 guy is some fat dude at a computer ranking 3 or 4 plays differently than another fat dude at a computer. They are playing well - really well in some cases - and are getting better every week. Coby graded really low the first few weeks, but has forced like 4 fumbles, Tariq has what, 6 INTs? That's 10 turnovers caused by two rookies - I'll take that all day every day over a PFF grade.

Of course every team in the league wants a Sauce. If Sauce II is out there, fine, but there isn't this year - he's exceptionally rare. If there is anybody at any position that plays at a Pro Bowl level then that's a guy you want, but to target the one position that you are most stacked with young talent would be silly.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:53 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:15 pm
D-train wrote:

You've GOT to get off PFF. The difference between the #5 guy and the #35 guy is some fat dude at a computer ranking 3 or 4 plays differently than another fat dude at a computer. They are playing well - really well in some cases - and are getting better every week. Coby graded really low the first few weeks, but has forced like 4 fumbles, Tariq has what, 6 INTs? That's 10 turnovers caused by two rookies - I'll take that all day every day over a PFF grade.

Of course every team in the league wants a Sauce. If Sauce II is out there, fine, but there isn't this year - he's exceptionally rare. If there is anybody at any position that plays at a Pro Bowl level then that's a guy you want, but to target the one position that you are most stacked with young talent would be silly.
I haven't looked what is available so if you say so....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:54 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:15 pm
D-train wrote:

btw wtf made you pick the Lions on the road???
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:54 pm

I've been picking the Lions all year. I keep thinking they are going to break out, and they FINALLY did. They are a team that is on the cusp, and should be better than they have shown.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:46 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:40 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:54 pm

I've been picking the Lions all year. I keep thinking they are going to break out, and they FINALLY did. They are a team that is on the cusp, and should be better than they have shown.
I don't think I have got the Saints right all year. And I'm done picking the Rams. Glad quit picking the Raiders...

Good for the Lions, their coach seems cool.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:46 pm

I don't think I have got the Saints right all year. And I'm done picking the Rams. Glad quit picking the Raiders...

Same. I can't believe how bad the Rams are, and I still can't figure out why the Raiders suck. They were supposed to be contenders.

If there's one organization I root for to finally succeed, it's the Lions. God knows they've gone thru enough sucky times. The other team I felt that way about was the Browns, but now extra special fuck them for the D. Watson deal.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:25 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:58 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:46 pm

Same. I can't believe how bad the Rams are, and I still can't figure out why the Raiders suck. They were supposed to be contenders.

If there's one organization I root for to finally succeed, it's the Lions. God knows they've gone thru enough sucky times. The other team I felt that way about was the Browns, but now extra special fuck them for the D. Watson deal.
Insane that Lions and Browns haven't been to a single SB. Even the Hawks have been to three. They are like the Mariners only with 10 more chances...
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:02 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:25 pm

Insane that Lions and Browns haven't been to a single SB. Even the Hawks have been to three. They are like the Mariners only with 10 more chances...
Have they ever even been serious contenders? The Browns were dominant before the NFL, back in the '50s, and then again when they moved to Baltimore. Can't remember a time the Lions were good, though. Even with Barry Sanders they sucked.