A way too early 2-round mock draft.

Seattle or Bust

A way too early 2-round mock draft.

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:40 am

If the season were to end today the Hawks would have the no. 6, 22, 38, and 54 picks based on Denver's record and their current winning % as a division leader.

Here's a quick little run down of some players I think the Hawks might like at these spots:

***TRADE*** Seattle trades up to the no. 3 spot in draft, swapping places with Carolina who does not have to worry about Houston or Philli taking a QB ahead of them as Houston is already drafting no. 2 and Philli is not in need of a QB. The Hawks send their no. 22 overall pick to Carolina to move up 3 spots. The Hawks move up to 3 to take a player that Philli might covet.

Round 1, Pick 3: Will Anderson, DE, Alabama

Anderson is the best pure edge rusher in the draft and the Hawks have been desperate to land a premier pass rusher for years now. Anderson is an absolute freak of an athlete at 6'4 235. In 2021, he dropped 17.5 sacks last year and 31 TFL's, winning the nation's best defensive player.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/will ... port-2023/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feius1KTBZo&t=164s

Round 2, Pick 38: Noah Sewell, ILB, Oregon

Sewell is a bit raw (misses some tackles) but there's no denying the athleticism and energy that he plays with from the ILB position. He's an attacker that is ultra physical, sheds blocks, and makes tons of plays plugging holes between linemen. They call him a throwback linebacker and I think that' what the Hawks are missing at the position having moved on from Wagner.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/noah ... ng-report/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ish9JIFH-AI&t=75s

Round 2, Pick 54: Tyler Davis, DT, Clemson

With Poona Ford becoming a free agent, the Hawks find a DT with similar size and skill set. Davis has a bit of an injury history, but has been dominant at times when healthy. He's super strong, athletic and plays with a tremendous motor. He anchors well in the run game and is an explosive bull rusher in the pass game. Maybe a reach... but he already has 4 sacks in 6 games with 7 tfls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXCooai_1RU

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tyle ... port-2023/

Sexymarinersfan

Re: A way too early 2-round mock draft.

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:08 am

No on Sewell, but a big yes on Anderson. Anderson is the one guy I wouldn't mind instead of Will Levis(my first choice). But there are too many more talented LB's in the superior SEC to tap into than this kid from Oregon.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:09 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:08 am
No on Sewell, but a big yes on Anderson. Anderson is the one guy I wouldn't mind instead of Will Levis(my first choice). But there are too many more talented LB's in the superior SEC to tap into than this kid from Oregon.
That's a pretty unsubstantiated statement. The Hawks need an ILB. There are very few from the SEC who are expected to go near 1st round. Sewell is the 1st to 3rd rated ILB in the draft depending on the source.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top- ... t-the-top/

The only one expected to go somewhat early is Tototototo from Alabama. He's more of an OLB... he's also from California and almost went to UW. Not really born and bred SEC.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:00 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:09 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
That's a pretty unsubstantiated statement. The Hawks need an ILB. There are very few from the SEC who are expected to go near 1st round. Sewell is the 1st to 3rd rated ILB in the draft depending on the source.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top- ... t-the-top/

The only one expected to go somewhat early is Tototototo from Alabama. He's more of an OLB... he's also from California and almost went to UW. Not really born and bred SEC.
I know, I just wanted to give you shit. Lol :lol: I'm sure come draft day, the rankings will be completely upside down from where they are now.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:35 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Levis is having a pretty good season and significant improvement across the board. Only 5 picks. Not super low but better.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:12 pm

I'd jizz my pants if we got Will Anderson.

Although replacing Barton is my #1 priority, MLBs are just not drafted that high usually. I don't think you take a project MLB that high.

Other than that, I don't want to waste my trying to predict things. WAY too many variables - by the time the draft rolls around, we could have lost or added 5 FAs, signed or lost Geno and Lock, and completely flipped draft positions. Not to mention what all the college kids do.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:17 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:12 pm

Although replacing Barton is my #1 priority, MLBs are just not drafted that high usually. I don't think you take a project MLB that high.

Other than that, I don't want to waste my trying to predict things. WAY too many variables - by the time the draft rolls around, we could have lost or added 5 FAs, signed or lost Geno and Lock, and completely flipped draft positions. Not to mention what all the college kids do.
I always said that, then a few years ago the Raiders, Seahawks and Ravens all took MLB in the first round!

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:38 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:17 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:12 pm

I always said that, then a few years ago the Raiders, Seahawks and Ravens all took MLB in the first round!
I assume you mean Brooks and Queen? They were both taken at the end of the first round, so still "not that high"... who was the Raiders' pick?

If there is an impact player available at MLB, then sure, take him. Just not a project that might turn into something. We need a replacement for Barton yesterday, not 3 years from now. That was kind of the point I was making.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:18 pm

dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:11 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:35 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Levis is having a pretty good season and significant improvement across the board. Only 5 picks. Not super low but better.
Levis has been #1 on my board before the season started in June, if you remember my post on QB's.

viewtopic.php?t=6760#p179612
Attachments
Screenshot_20221029-161229_Chrome.jpg
Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.