maoling wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:30 am
Here's Murph's Top Billin' take on our draft next year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qPc0Umgyh0
Yeps, I kinda like that dude

AZOldDawg

Re: A way too early 2-round mock draft.

Post by AZOldDawg » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:37 pm

If we draft for positional defense first and pray "you know who" returns and gives us a healthy year of return on his contract we can improve significantly. Like to see see us pick up a "stud" in FA on either side of the ball. If Pennix falls to the second we have to give it strong consideration. I am on board for the "Alabama Animal" with our first.
Last edited by AZOldDawg on Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:04 pm

Dline and LB help should be priorities - that secondary will look light years better than they already are with up front pressure - next strenthen the oline interior, QB, RB/WR. Need another playmaker on offense - Lockett is getting old and is due for an injury. Build that f*cking QB room. Lock may improve, but you still need competition at that spot and Geno is not a likely long term option. With a stout front 7 that defense would be very formidable, young and fast.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:12 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:37 pm
If we draft for positional defense first and play "you know who" returns and gives us a healthy year of return on his contract we can improve significantly. Like to see see us pick up a "stud" in FA on either side of the ball. If Pennix falls to the second we have to give it strong consideration. I am on board for the "Alabama Animal" with our first.
From the lack of attention he's gotten, I think Penix might be available in round 4, if he even declares. I have no idea WHY, because watching him week after week he seems to have all the tools, but he never seems to get mentioned when anybody talks about the top QBs available. He does have an injury history which could be a concern, but with the way they protect NFL QBs I don't think that's as big an issue any more.

Either way, my perfect draft day would be:
Difference making D-Lineman (edge or interior)
Center
Developmental QB (re-sign Geno for team friendly amount and let rookie sit for a year or two)
MLB
Another stud D-Lineman (whichever isn't addressed in #1)
WR

then BPA for depth
I'd be jumping for joy with that, regardless of the order they're drafted or if they're found in free agency.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:29 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:12 pm

From the lack of attention he's gotten, I think Penix might be available in round 4, if he even declares. I have no idea WHY, because watching him week after week he seems to have all the tools, but he never seems to get mentioned when anybody talks about the top QBs available. He does have an injury history which could be a concern, but with the way they protect NFL QBs I don't think that's as big an issue any more.

Center
Developmental QB (re-sign Geno for team friendly amount and let rookie sit for a year or two)
MLB
WR

then BPA for depth
I'd be jumping for joy with that, regardless of the order they're drafted or if they're found in free agency.
I like that, but would add that I would take best available between Guard and Center. We are damn weak at both. Even without looking at PFF rankings, watching us try to run the ball inside is a damn joke. Thank GOD Donald is out this week, but I imagine Greg Gaines is going to kick the shit out of our interior O Line.

As for Penix, for the love of all that is Holy, if he is going to be 4th round? I sure hope he plays another year. I heard Nigel Burton on the Bump and Stacy show yesterday say what I said a few weeks ago. How would it hurt him to play a second year and prove he can stay healthy? The problem? Nigel and I are pretty much the only ones saying it, and has been discussed? The U of W seems to basically be thumbing it's arrogant nose at NIL. Phil Knight is laughing his ass off over that. Buying a title? I wonder if the Yankees and Dodgers feel bad about it when they do it? It's not like banging on garbage can lids, it's fucking legal!

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:50 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:29 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:12 pm

Center
MLB
WR

then BPA for depth
I like that, but would add that I would take best available between Guard and Center. We are damn weak at both. Even without looking at PFF rankings, watching us try to run the ball inside is a damn joke. Thank GOD Donald is out this week, but I imagine Greg Gaines is going to kick the shit out of our interior O Line.

As for Penix, for the love of all that is Holy, if he is going to be 4th round? I sure hope he plays another year. I heard Nigel Burton on the Bump and Stacy show yesterday say what I said a few weeks ago. How would it hurt him to play a second year and prove he can stay healthy? The problem? Nigel and I are pretty much the only ones saying it, and has been discussed? The U of W seems to basically be thumbing it's arrogant nose at NIL. Phil Knight is laughing his ass off over that. Buying a title? I wonder if the Yankees and Dodgers feel bad about it when they do it? It's not like banging on garbage can lids, it's fucking legal!
With Microsoft and Amazon in the back yard we should be giving the University of Nike all they want.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:16 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:50 pm

With Microsoft and Amazon in the back yard we should be giving the University of Nike all they want.
There is really no way to know what is going on. I am basically just piecing together stories. Grubb was asked about it earlier this year and basically said they have to recruit a kid that fits the system and bring them in based on their desire to suceed, or something like that. There have been several articles mentioning how does the U of W compete in this era, with no mention of anyone actually ponying up money. Then, reading that Penix admitted awhile ago that he had a "few offers", but basically nothing worth accepting!? If Penix was in Oregon he'd be making more money than Geno Smith right now! :lol:

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:05 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:29 pm

We don't really have a center, while we have 3 guards that have shown flashes of competence. I also think Curhan would be a natural guard, and
Lewis has been playing well at guard lately, according to everybody that talks about Seahawks O-Line. Obviously somebody shit the bed the past two weeks, though. I haven't bothered to watch the game again to analyze, as I'm still a little pissed about it.

As for Penix, I'm just talking out my ass about the 4th round, that is just what I think based on how little chatter there is about what he's doing. We all know that things can completely change during the off-season and he might shoot up the charts. If somehow he sticks around for another year, I imagine the transfer portal will be hot hot hot for us getting some more good talent.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:14 am

You think knight is paying Oregon players? You don't have to be Nike or Microsoft to do that