trharder

Is KJ Cancelled?

Post by trharder » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:22 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:43 pm

trharder

Re: Is KJ Cancelled?

Post by trharder » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:33 am

So Salk did address the KJ tweeting thing today on his show. It comes a little over half way of the second hour.
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... k+and+Salk

Salk is basically saying anyone who would back this Kanye, Kyrie, thing is naive. As in, don't know WTF they are
talking about and he's okay with that if they will listen to someone who will tell them how wrong they are.
Here's the thing, KJ said that's what he was taught. And that it's not anti-semetic if it's true. Or something like that.
My take is Salk thinks KJ will have to "bend the knee" to wokeness if he's to remain on the show.
I'm not sure KJ will.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:58 am

I thought being anti-semitic was woke, not holding someone accountable for it.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:52 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:58 am
I thought being anti-semitic was woke, not holding someone accountable for it.
If the NBA is punishing you and Nike drops you as an NBA player, you are probably on the wrong side of woke.
Remember Kyrie was also the player that refused the covid vaccine, which is not woke.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:59 pm

Being anti-Semitic has definitely hasn't been viewed as harshly at being racist in general. Remember Whoopie said the Holocaust wasn't be race and Blacks and Jews have often been regarded as enemies especially by Black Muslims like Farrakhan.

But I imagine even the woke crowd realize how absurdly hypocritical it is so maybe they are altering their thinking on it a bit.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:28 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:59 pm
Being anti-Semitic has definitely hasn't been viewed as harshly at being racist in general. Remember Whoopie said the Holocaust wasn't be race and Blacks and Jews have often been regarded as enemies especially by Black Muslims like Farrakhan.
But I imagine even the woke crowd realize how absurdly hypocritical it is so maybe they are altering their thinking on it a bit.
Okay, it's a bit blurry on what side of the woke line antisemitism falls on. Which is oddly on point.
I believe KJ mostly objects to the way Kyrie is being drug through the mud and treated as less than for his deeds and weird opinions.
The ability to cancel people for this shit is the issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE6vyMJOsak

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:38 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:28 pm
D-train wrote:
Okay, it's a bit blurry on what side of the woke line antisemitism falls on. Which is oddly on point.
I believe KJ mostly objects to the way Kyrie is being drug through the mud and treated as less than for his deeds and weird opinions.
The ability to cancel people for this shit is the issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE6vyMJOsak
Part of it is also that Left/woke tends to be more sympathetic to Palestine. Yes, agree the cancelling is insane.

Check out this lib that I used to work with fleeing twitter because it will now be less of a lefty echo chamber..
db.JPG
db.JPG (67.95 KiB) Viewed 572 times
dt

douche

Post by douche » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:33 pm

Anyone who announces to the world that they got a covid shot or deactivated their Twitter account is a fucking idiot. These social media losers who have no lives to begin with, spouting off on social media about EVERYTHING going on in their pathetic lives... losers.

All the internet has done is made smart people more resourceful and dumb people dumber.

gil

Post by gil » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:52 pm

D-train wrote:

I'm curious if you consider "woke" and "left wing" to be synonyms, or is there some distinction.

I'm also curious if anyone here is Jewish. (I'm not.)

I find that anti-Semitism does not track with other issues that are put on a political spectrum. There is a lot of anti-Semistism from *some* people on the far right (e.g. the Holocaust deniers, the Nazi symbol sporters, the "Jews will not replace us" chanters) and a lot of anti-Semitism from *some* people on the far left (the people you mention above, a lot of the Pro-Palestine crowd, and whatever her name is (one of "the squad") who said "it's all about he Benjamins, baby."

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:25 pm

gil wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:52 pm
D-train wrote:

I'm curious if you consider "woke" and "left wing" to be synonyms, or is there some distinction.

I'm also curious if anyone here is Jewish. (I'm not.)

I find that anti-Semitism does not track with other issues that are put on a political spectrum. There is a lot of anti-Semistism from *some* people on the far right (e.g. the Holocaust deniers, the Nazi symbol sporters, the "Jews will not replace us" chanters) and a lot of anti-Semitism from *some* people on the far left (the people you mention above, a lot of the Pro-Palestine crowd, and whatever her name is (one of "the squad") who said "it's all about he Benjamins, baby."
I would say all of the FAR left is Woke.....Good point on the Neo Nazis White supremacists. Obviously Far Right. Both minority fringe groups but I would be 25% of the left are WOKE and maybe .1% of the right are Neo Nazis.
dt