Post Mortem - Hawks v Cards

Michael K.

Re: Post Mortem - Hawks v Cards

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:48 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:20 pm
We have the Raiders Panthers and two Rams games. The KC games is the only one I would be surprised if we won.
Trust me, the Rams will play us tough. I don't think they are as bad as their record indicates. Seems there is some dissention in the locker room, that I sure hope continues. I also wonder if Stafford's elbow is worse than they let on? Still, until I see us actually play a game against Aaron Donald that he doesn't destroy us upfront, I am going to fear the Rams when we play them.

That said? I am excited to see the game plan. I always said that Pete and Russ had an absolute paralyzing fear when playing the Rams. Let's see if this year's QB does as well. Russ took the snap, and within a second was looking for a spot on the grass. It used to piss the shit out of me. Then? In the playoff loss? Donald goes out and our offense got worse!

I like our chances this year, especially since we now seem to have the ability to break the huddle with time to read the defense and adjust if needed. BUT, until I watch us actually handle the Rams upfront? I will be afraid of them. The best we played them offensively recently was the year they won the Super Bowl. We pounded the rock with Carson and Davis and even Penny. Guys like Fluker, Iapuati and Brown had to love those games as the Rams pass rusher had to actually play run defense, and it was obvious Donald and Suh did not want to. They still beat us both times.

If last year's Rams game is any indication? Geno was much better than Russ in that first meeting. Hell, if Lockett doesn't fall down we might have won. Will be interesting for sure.

douche

Post by douche » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:07 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:48 pm
It used to piss the shit out of me.
I agree with your post, but this sentence kills me. :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:52 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:07 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:48 pm
It used to piss the shit out of me.
I agree with your post, but this sentence kills me. :lol:
Haha...good catch!

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:20 am

Wilson's post game presser after another loss in which he was sacked and hit A LOT. Dude looks broken - look at the body language, his demeanor, he looks uncomfortable, fidgety - it's the first time I've ever seen that. Never happened in Seattle. He's a guy that looks like he is going through the motions anymore - like he's hoping this is all a nightmare and he's gonna wake up from it. He's also starting to slip in all the excuses - the line, the injuries, yada, yada, yada. The ultimate line of bullshit is "we're in all these games, they're one score games." Yeah, because the defense is doing ALL the heavy lifting for this team - Wilson's offense is dead last in scoring. Funny how he's getting paid to carry the team - the responsibility HE wanted - and the only place he's carried them is to the bottom. I'm guessing his new PR team told him to cut the "let's ride' crap. I'd bet money he hired one for damage control. Good watch - only 6 minutes - but this used to be his glory time - now, no flashy suits, just his 'dirty uniform to show his "heroic effort" - I swear this is all by design from a PR team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHTbviD ... leSeahawks