Post Mortem - Hawks v Cards

auroraave

Post Mortem - Hawks v Cards

Post by auroraave » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:20 am

Bringing this back from the grave for one more weekend - miraculously the game was on here in Los Angeles.

I mean, is this really happening? Sweeping the Cards, leaving the desert with our health intact, 6-3, sitting comfortably in first place.
This team has that 2012 vibe all over it - young, fast, hungry, angry. My God it feels like Pete Carroll's 2.0 team and wow, are they exciting. Over the last few seasons with Russ, the fun was gone, we were always playing from behind, the offense was SO lethargic for such long miserable stretches. Jesus all I ever wanted was the occasional first down, and it was just too much to ask for from Wilson. Thank God for Dickson.

This offense is the exact opposite of that; efficient, fast, the most wide-open playbook we have seen on this team in ten years. That tight end group is just dazzling. Fant paying dividends - not just busting that long gainer - but staying in bounds. Wilson seemed allergic to tight ends - and we may have the most dominant TE room in the league right now. Those 13 packages are so much fun - and open up so many possibilities - which, apparently, didn’t interest Wilson.

So, Geno had a day - 275 yards passing and just going full on leadership mode in the fourth quarter. That offense was basically unstoppable. Here's a fun fact - right now, Seattle has the highest scoring offense in the league at 241 points. Yeah, swish that around in your mouth a moment. Also, I am cc'ing Wilson because - fuck that guy.

Walker over 100 yards - just a pleasure to watch. It would be amazing if Penny can come back heathy next year on a favorable deal. My God the potential of that tandem. Also, Homer and Dallas are pretty solid - but Homer needs to do better on kick returning. WTF is the deal with not fielding the ball and letting it go another 20 yards and losing valuable field position? I've seen that a LOT this year and it's brutal.

So, that defense! Boys on that side of the ball are telling the suddenly unstoppable offense to "hold my beer, cause we're here and we're making some noise, too!” That pass rush looked fierce today - Brady is going to have his hands full in Munich. Murray can at least move around, but Brady is a statue. How about Brooks with that insane pass defense on the tight end 20 yards down the field to seal the game? I thought he sucked and "couldn't cover." ha! Secondary balling out. The speed on that side of the ball is electrifying. These kids are growing up and gaining confidence quickly.

Some fun statistics. Seattle led in first downs 27-15. That is not a typo. Total yards; Seattle 421 to AZ 261. Seattle with five sacks on Murray. Not an easy task. Seattle had nearly ten minutes more TOP. AZ had 12 penalties to Seattle's 6. In a Twlight Zone season, everything seems upside down.

Seattle, with a roster of young guns (Thank you John Schneider - apparently the rumors that you don't know what you're doing have been crushed) playing above their heads, and a savvy group of vets like Geno and Bruce Irvin (underrated pick up), this team feels like the experienced, savvy group everone needs to be taking very seriously.

Have not had this much fun watching these guys in years. It's astonishing how much Seattle's fortunes changed when they dumped the perfume mogul for a career back up. Meanwhile, the Donkey fan base is on suicide alert. Can I make that joke? Is that too insensitive? This team is the biggest story in the NFL this year and for all the right reasons. After years of the ridiculous "Pete Carroll is holding Wilson back" bullshit, it's clear who was holding who back. Waldron is coming into his own - calling great games and General Geno is executing it all so efficiently - something he could never do with Mister Eau d' Mediocrity.

Seahawks football is back, and it's fun again, and I cannot stop smiling. A division title is a real possibility, but first, let's just take care of business in Munich. This season has been so unpredictable, maybe this is the year we sweep the Lambs.

Hearing the "sea-hawks" chants in the stands today - priceless.

Go hawks...
Last edited by auroraave on Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

SeattleAddict

Re: Post Mortem - Hawks v Cards

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:40 am

Haven't seen this mentioned, but in an era where 90% of the games are decided by one score, the Seahawks have now won four straight BY DOUBLE DIGITS. That's friggin' amazing. They aren't lucking into wins or beating crappy teams, either. AZ was supposed to contend, Chargers supposed to be Super Bowl contenders, and the Giants were 6-1. Spanked all of them.

Good point about being injury-free this week. That is a big deal. Look at what injuries have done to the Rams.

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:45 am

Great write up for a great game.

I have one bone to pick with Waldron or Geno, not sure which it was.
Until the dreadful pick 6, it didn't feel the offense was exploring the full depth of their expression.
I wanna see superhero-fuk U Geno. Aggressive Geno. Mad Geno. Not scared conservative Geno.

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:54 am

I've missed your write-ups, aurora, Great read -- as always.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:03 am

donkey down.jpg
donkey down.jpg (100.99 KiB) Viewed 527 times

Meanwhile, Donks take a loss to the bye week. :lol:
What's that smell? #Mediocrity

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:14 am

auroraave wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:03 am
donkey down.jpg

Meanwhile, Donks take a loss to the bye week. :lol:
What's that smell? #Mediocrity
Haha, that's awesome.

Great write up AA. Really good read.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:57 pm

Aurora....good stuff! Thanks.

You know we could theorically end up 12-5 looking at the rest of the schedule.
I know that sounds crazy but based on how we're playing...
My predictions:

@ Tampa: W 7-3 record
BYE
Home vs. Raiders: W 8-3
@ L.A.: L 8-4
Home vs. Panthers: W 9-4
Home vs. 49erds: W 10-4
@ K.C.: L 10-5
Home vs. Jets: W 11-5
Home vs. L.A.: W 12-5 (Revenge game / playing our best ball!)

Refs favoring the Hawks all the way because Geno wears "Black Lives Matter" on his helmut. :D
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:47 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:57 pm
Aurora....good stuff! Thanks.

You know we could theorically end up 12-5 looking at the rest of the schedule.
I know that sounds crazy but based on how we're playing...
My predictions:

@ Tampa: W 7-3 record
BYE
Home vs. Raiders: W 8-3
@ L.A.: L 8-4
Home vs. Panthers: W 9-4
Home vs. 49erds: W 10-4
@ K.C.: L 10-5
Home vs. Jets: W 11-5
Home vs. L.A.: W 12-5 (Revenge game / playing our best ball!)

Refs favoring the Hawks all the way because Geno wears "Black Lives Matter" on his helmut. :D
I like this! Also, Hawks go on to win the NFC, then the SB -- and DT and I split $16,800 on a $300 bet!

Also Broncos finish 6-11 and we get a Top 10 pick.

Finally, a Playboy centerfold flies through my window, lands on my bed like in Animal House and I am whole again.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:59 pm

"I mean, is this really happening? Sweeping the Cards, leaving the desert with our health intact, 6-3, sitting comfortably in first place."

No kidding. And I really like how the team never let the INT get them down, they just kept battling.

As an aside, does anyone else think that Murray runs carelessly with the ball? Dude runs like a jackrabbit but wow, does he ever swing that thing around.

And, like a few others, I owe Carroll an apology. For him to keep his cards close to the vest, and then him and Schneider pull off that incredibly lopsided trade... well played. And with DEN tanking, SEA will likely end up with one sweet draft next year.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:03 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:20 am
Bringing this back from the grave for one more weekend - miraculously the game was on here in Los Angeles.

I mean, is this really happening? Sweeping the Cards, leaving the desert with our health intact, 6-3, sitting comfortably in first place.
This team has that 2012 vibe all over it - young, fast, hungry, angry. My God it feels like Pete Carroll's 2.0 team and wow, are they exciting. Over the last few seasons with Russ, the fun was gone, we were always playing from behind, the offense was SO lethargic for such long miserable stretches. Jesus all I ever wanted was the occasional first down, and it was just too much to ask for from Wilson. Thank God for Dickson.

This offense is the exact opposite of that; efficient, fast, the most wide-open playbook we have seen on this team in ten years. That tight end group is just dazzling. Fant paying dividends - not just busting that long gainer - but staying in bounds. Wilson seemed allergic to tight ends - and we may have the most dominant TE room in the league right now. Those 13 packages are so much fun - and open up so many possibilities - which, apparently, didn’t interest Wilson.

So, Geno had a day - 275 yards passing and just going full on leadership mode in the fourth quarter. That offense was basically unstoppable. Here's a fun fact - right now, Seattle has the highest scoring offense in the league at 241 points. Yeah, swish that around in your mouth a moment. Also, I am cc'ing Wilson because - fuck that guy.

Walker over 100 yards - just a pleasure to watch. It would be amazing if Penny can come back heathy next year on a favorable deal. My God the potential of that tandem. Also, Homer and Dallas are pretty solid - but Homer needs to do better on kick returning. WTF is the deal with not fielding the ball and letting it go another 20 yards and losing valuable field position? I've seen that a LOT this year and it's brutal.

So, that defense! Boys on that side of the ball are telling the suddenly unstoppable offense to "hold my beer, cause we're here and we're making some noise, too!” That pass rush looked fierce today - Brady is going to have his hands full in Munich. Murray can at least move around, but Brady is a statue. How about Brooks with that insane pass defense on the tight end 20 yards down the field to seal the game? I thought he sucked and "couldn't cover." ha! Secondary balling out. The speed on that side of the ball is electrifying. These kids are growing up and gaining confidence quickly.

Some fun statistics. Seattle led in first downs 27-15. That is not a typo. Total yards; Seattle 421 to AZ 261. Seattle with five sacks on Murray. Not an easy task. Seattle had nearly ten minutes more TOP. AZ had 12 penalties to Seattle's 6. In a Twlight Zone season, everything seems upside down.

Seattle, with a roster of young guns (Thank you John Schneider - apparently the rumors that you don't know what you're doing have been crushed) playing above their heads, and a savvy group of vets like Geno and Bruce Irvin (underrated pick up), this team feels like the experienced, savvy group everone needs to be taking very seriously.

Have not had this much fun watching these guys in years. It's astonishing how much Seattle's fortunes changed when they dumped the perfume mogul for a career back up. Meanwhile, the Donkey fan base is on suicide alert. Can I make that joke? Is that too insensitive? This team is the biggest story in the NFL this year and for all the right reasons. After years of the ridiculous "Pete Carroll is holding Wilson back" bullshit, it's clear who was holding who back. Waldron is coming into his own - calling great games and General Geno is executing it all so efficiently - something he could never do with Mister Eau d' Mediocrity.

Seahawks football is back, and it's fun again, and I cannot stop smiling. A division title is a real possibility, but first, let's just take care of business in Munich. This season has been so unpredictable, maybe this is the year we sweep the Lambs.

Hearing the "sea-hawks" chants in the stands today - priceless.

Go hawks...
Loving Parkinson this season. He made this great play on the TD in this vid and it was actually him that made sure Fant stayed in bounds..
dt