Every thing is about RW......

Bil522

Every thing is about RW......

Post by Bil522 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:22 am

2 future Ring of Honor left the Seahawks last off-season. We talk about Russ all the time, What do you feel for Bobby Wagner? How do you think he is playing for the Lambs? If we could bring him back, would you?

D-train

Re: Every thing is about RW......

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:29 am

Bil522 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:22 am
2 future Ring of Honor left the Seahawks last off-season. We talk about Russ all the time, What do you feel for Bobby Wagner? How do you think he is playing for the Lambs? If we could bring him back, would you?
1. Love Bobby, who doesn't. Bizarre question.
2. He has a 83 PFF grade which is elite.
2. We are past the trade deadline
3. He is the first season of a multi year deal:
Bobby Wagner signed a 5 year, $50 million contract with the Los Angeles Rams on April 4, 2022. Wagner received $20 million in guarantees of which $10 million is guaranteed at signing. Wagner received a $5 million signing bonus and his 2022 base salary and 2023 roster bonus are both fully guaranteed.
4. Its moot point because we can't feasibly bring him back anytime soon but I guess we brought Irvin back and that has been a good thing.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:56 pm

BWagz is one of the most beloved Hawks of all time, and always will be (assuming he doesn't do something stupid).

Of course, if we had him in there instead of Barton, we'd probably be 9-0, but the NFL's salary cap means we don't live in that kind of vacuum so other things would be different.

I'm over-the-moon happy with how things are right now. Don't see any reason to nit-pick about former Seahawks.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:13 pm

Wags goes to the Rams and they are below average and Wilson goes to Denver and they stink. Another case of the grass isn’t always greener. Sherman had a good year or two away from us and played in a Super Bowl, where he got burned famously! But I can’t think of many others that walked away and we’re good.

I love Wags, but he is a Ram, so don’t think much about him right now. Speaking of the Rams, did you guys see that they offered up two firsts and a second for that D Lineman from Carolina!? Do they not realize that no one is giving up value for a first round pick five years from now! How nice of the current organization to try and trade away draft picks for years they won’t even be around anymore. I LOVE that this is blowing up on them.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:27 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:13 pm
Wags goes to the Rams and they are below average and Wilson goes to Denver and they stink. Another case of the grass isn’t always greener. Sherman had a good year or two away from us and played in a Super Bowl, where he got burned famously! But I can’t think of many others that walked away and we’re good.

I love Wags, but he is a Ram, so don’t think much about him right now. Speaking of the Rams, did you guys see that they offered up two firsts and a second for that D Lineman from Carolina!? Do they not realize that no one is giving up value for a first round pick five years from now! How nice of the current organization to try and trade away draft picks for years they won’t even be around anymore. I LOVE that this is blowing up on them.
Wagner was CUT and RW acted like a little bitch until him remaining with the Hawks became untenable. Its like comparing Randy Johnson to ARod.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:28 pm

Michael K. wrote:

btw I saw this hilarious alternative to your if My Aunt had balls she would be my uncle line. lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:11 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:28 pm
Michael K. wrote:

btw I saw this hilarious alternative to your if My Aunt had balls she would be my uncle line. lol
That's funny shit!

Back to Wags and Wilson. You are correct, no comparison to the way they left. I just meant I don't think a lot about that move...it was straight business. Of course we'd have loved to still had Wagner, he was still a pretty darn good LB, but I don't know that we could afford him, and I am not all that sold he would fit. The Rams defense is good, but far from great. They have the horses to be much better, not sure why they aren't.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:29 am

is this another subtle jab at Russ?

https://twitter.com/TheBGustafson/statu ... de%3Dfalse

I vote yes.

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:47 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:29 am
is this another subtle jab at Russ?
https://twitter.com/TheBGustafson/statu ... de%3Dfalse
I vote yes.
Well, yeah, but he's just stating fact as well.
Are we to believe all the time management trouble and late out of the huddle BS before was because RW wouldn't wear
a wrist band cheat sheet? lol. IDK, but this offense flat out runs better this year.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:36 am

trharder wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:47 am

Are we to believe all the time management trouble and late out of the huddle BS before was because RW wouldn't wear
a wrist band cheat sheet? lol.
naw... not because of. More of a symptom, I think. Russ wanted to do things HIS way, Geno is doing things Pete's way... and the results have been pretty clear.