Every thing is about RW......

SeattleAddict

Re: Every thing is about RW......

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:20 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:41 am

He wasn't ready to step into being a NFL QB. He had things to work on which is what he has been doing, that gym rat quality. He has made himself a better QB by putting the work in
Conclusion

Smith has what it takes to evolve into an NFL quarterback.

That said, he's not ready to step into a team's starting lineup and perform at a high level. His footwork, accuracy and ability to read the field must improve, and Smith would be better off sitting behind a veteran for a year before becoming the starter for his new team.

If Smith lives up to his full potential in the NFL, he could easily work his way into the conversation as a top-10 signal-caller. He has the right attitude to achieve this goal, isn't afraid to put in the hard work and possesses all the physical attributes to make it happen.
that scouting report turned out to be incredibly accurate. The Jets threw him into a bad situation right out of the gate, and he wasn't ready for it. Now a decade later, the things they said needed to improve HAVE improved.

I want to know who wrote that scouting report, so I can listen to them more.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:18 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:20 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

He wasn't ready to step into being a NFL QB. He had things to work on which is what he has been doing, that gym rat quality. He has made himself a better QB by putting the work in
Conclusion

Smith has what it takes to evolve into an NFL quarterback.

That said, he's not ready to step into a team's starting lineup and perform at a high level. His footwork, accuracy and ability to read the field must improve, and Smith would be better off sitting behind a veteran for a year before becoming the starter for his new team.

If Smith lives up to his full potential in the NFL, he could easily work his way into the conversation as a top-10 signal-caller. He has the right attitude to achieve this goal, isn't afraid to put in the hard work and possesses all the physical attributes to make it happen.
that scouting report turned out to be incredibly accurate. The Jets threw him into a bad situation right out of the gate, and he wasn't ready for it. Now a decade later, the things they said needed to improve HAVE improved.

Not only was it a bad situation personnel wise, His coaching was unstable. He had 3 different Offensive Coordinators and 2 different head coaches in his first 3 years.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:25 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:18 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:

Not only was it a bad situation personnel wise, His coaching was unstable. He had 3 different Offensive Coordinators and 2 different head coaches in his first 3 years.
Same with Lock.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:23 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:25 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:18 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:

Same with Lock.
That is an interesting note. Got me wondering what Lock's scouting report was, so I found it. It was also very much in-line with what I saw in the pre-season AND what was reported by people that watched him in Denver - the talent is there, but there are issues at the NFL level (highlighted)
Overview
Full-field reader offering prototypical size and arm talent, but one that has a concerning lack of accuracy and consistency against top opponents. Inside of each game, Lock makes reads and throws that are worthy of an early pick. There will also be plays in the same game that highlight his random inaccuracy and issues defeating pocket pressure. He has as much pure talent as any quarterback from the 2018 draft, but he won't reach that lofty potential unless he improves his accuracy and learns to play with better in-game presence.
Strengths
Prototypical combination of size and arm talent
Full-field reader with ability to scan and process with good quickness
Pocket movements are sudden and twitchy
Exceptionally quick ball-handler with sudden release
Throws with anticipation
Fearless and confident to make challenging throws down the field
Fires ropes through constricted seams and in cover-2 buckets
Uses eyes to move safeties
Rarely lingers on primary targets, preventing defenders from getting early jumps
Decent deep ball touch and accuracy and gives his receivers a chance
Low sack total due to mobility and feel for edge pressure
Maintains field vision when he's on the move
Completion total hurt by excessive drops from top targets over last two years
Weaknesses
Frustrating inconsistencies with accuracy and touch
Fires fastballs on easy, short throws when changeup is needed
Arm thrower with truncated follow-through
Leaves ball behind his targets on crossers and slants
Drops arm slot, leading to batted passes
Requires more disciplined footwork from the pocket
Production falls off a cliff when forced to move his feet
Inconsistent squaring to throw when on the move
Poise and decision-making appear tied to level of pressure he sees
Drifts back and away from the rush and forces himself into low-percentage throws
Lamb-killer with just 14 TDs and 7 INTS against SEC opponents in 2018
Confused and unsteady against Alabama and Georgia with multiple turnovers

I could totally see them treated Lock like Geno, signing him to 1-year deals until he finally gets it all together.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:21 pm

Falls off a Cliff when forced to move his feet? Ouch. Geno did very well last year in bootleg situations and off script stuff. Not sure being turnover prone and a statue in the pocket makes him a good fit here.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:42 am

That's why I believe the hawks to some degree at least knew what they had in Geno. They knew who he was when they first signed him and then helped develop him as he worked on his game, they had to have seen the improvement. They been at this for what, four seasons? It wasn't a plan but they had to have seen the possibility.

And if Lock was smart he should look at it too. Geno and Lock have had very similar trajectories. It really could be in his best interest to allow the Hawks to develop him along the lines of what Geno accomplished
Last edited by Donn Beach on Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:52 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:21 pm
Falls off a Cliff when forced to move his feet? Ouch. Geno did very well last year in bootleg situations and off script stuff. Not sure being turnover prone and a statue in the pocket makes him a good fit here.
Honestly if you can't move your feet and still perform as an NFL QB, You aren't an NFL QB.

Yes, Geno had some great bootlegs last year, but I don't think that's even what the scouts are talking about.
What they are talking about is subtle shifting around in the pocket. Brady was often the slowest person on the field, but he could
use his feet well, for example. Early in the season I saw Geno consciously make himself climb the pocket as the rush collapsed
around him. I didn't see much of it in the second half of the season. Not saying Lock would better in any way.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:26 pm

Ha ha. Russell (Hollywood) Wilson and his other attention-seeking half were at the Oscars last night. Big surprise.

ciara_01.png
ciara_01.png (683.78 KiB) Viewed 495 times
ciara.png
ciara.png (721.56 KiB) Viewed 495 times

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:23 pm

Yep, That's what Jesus would tell her to wear, I'm pretty sure.......

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:59 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:23 pm
Yep, That's what Jesus would tell her to wear, I'm pretty sure.......
That's exactly what I said when I saw her......"Jesus"! :lol:
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass