Rumors about Geno extension

auroraave

Re: Rumors about Geno extension

Post by auroraave » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:48 pm

maoling wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:33 am
Best move is to let this season play out. Pretty sure the Hawks have made private assurances to Geno that he won't get low-balled, will always be a part of the Hawk Family and let's take a look at what he wants to do after the season ends and everyone sees what's what.
The second half of the season will show what they resally have in Geno - now everyone has tape on him and can game plan accordingly - especially within the division. We will also see how waldron adapts to new defensive wrinkles Geno is facing - and if geno can identoify and make appropriate reads and calls. He will likely come back to earth some, but not necessarily crash. No matter what, they still need to grow that QB room via the draft - they just don't need to go all-in at the top of the first round to do it. If Geno stays strong - get him into the 15/20 million/per for three years, guarantee half, add in incentives. I don't think he is any other teams answer long term - unless you are in Denver. :D

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:27 pm

I doubt it took 10 games for teams to game plan for what we do. IMO, the only way extending Geno now is a bad idea is if he gets hurt. Those Russ lead teams? Yeah, one defense could destroy our offense because we couldn't use the middle of the field and Russ refused to take was he was given. That isn't happening this year. Extend Geno now, and draft someone either this year or next to take over for him. But waiting, IMO, only turns out well if disaster happens, which is an injury, and a bad one. The thing is? A lot of the offense that works would probably work with Lock, so we could probably get through this year an at least challenge for a WC with him. The run game, the play action boots, the quick game....should be something Lock can at least be functional at. The things that shock me about Geno? The precision and the touch on deep balls? Might not be Lock's thing, but I think we can win a lot of games with the run game and the play action.

I see what you are saying, but what is one tape now that teams didn't have access to before? If we were going to lose a game, doing it before the Bye is probably best. We have an opportunity to adjust. But shit, listening to Wyman yesterday talk about how we played nothing but light boxes on defense, reading what DT posted about us deactivating a DT because we thought the Bucs would just throw? Add in that we looked absolutely asleep in the first half and couldn't figure out what cleats to wear on that dogshit turf? I'd say we are looking pretty good.

But, I am sorry, I don't believe that after 9 games there was no tape on our offense, but now there is. The Bucs shut us down for two quarters, and in the second half we were one bonehead fumble by Geno from more than likely winning the game! The further I get away from Sunday's debacle, the less worried I am about Geno or this team. We aren't winning a Super Bowl, IMO, but I could see us winning a playoff game.

trharder

Post by trharder » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:17 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:48 pm
The second half of the season will show what they resally have in Geno - now everyone has tape on him and can game plan accordingly - especially within the division. We will also see how waldron adapts to new defensive wrinkles Geno is facing - and if geno can identoify and make appropriate reads and calls. He will likely come back to earth some, but not necessarily crash. No matter what, they still need to grow that QB room via the draft - they just don't need to go all-in at the top of the first round to do it. If Geno stays strong - get him into the 15/20 million/per for three years, guarantee half, add in incentives. I don't think he is any other teams answer long term - unless you are in Denver. :D
I was listening to the old KJR that is now 93.3 this morning and Curtis Crabtree thinks the Seahawks will have to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 million for 3 years. 33mil per year. His rationale was there are some shitty QBs out there that are making 29 million / year right now.

Crabtree agreed that the Seahawks should NOT do it until the season is over.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:00 pm

trharder wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:17 pm
auroraave wrote:
I was listening to the old KJR that is now 93.3 this morning and Curtis Crabtree thinks the Seahawks will have to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 million for 3 years. 33mil per year. His rationale was there are some shitty QBs out there that are making 29 million / year right now.

He's out of his Crabtree.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:07 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:00 pm
trharder wrote:
auroraave wrote:

He's out of his Crabtree.
That was higher than I had in my head too. But it's not my money.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:16 pm

trharder wrote:
auroraave wrote:

Brady Henderson said the same thing this morning With Mike Salk. 33 Million.

douche

Post by douche » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:19 pm

In other news, the Packers are paying their guy $50 million and he sucks!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:28 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:16 pm
trharder wrote:
auroraave wrote:

What a coincidence....lol Polly want a cracker?
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:08 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:28 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:16 pm
trharder wrote:

What a coincidence....lol Polly want a cracker?
His reasoning was that is what the franchise tag number is going to be so he thinks they will need to match that.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:53 pm

KJ Wright meantioned the other day that some players get a little blinded and hungry when they get that first big contract offer and jump on it just to get paid quickly. He said it happened to him too.

Perhaps Geno will be hungry enough to accept a $30M x3 year offer with half guaranteed which would be a bit below the 1 year $31.4M franchise tag offer that he might end up with next year and no guarantees.