Rumors about Geno extension

Pharmabro

Rumors about Geno extension

Post by Pharmabro » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:37 am

I have not heard any particulars but what is a fair price for all invloved?

I have seen others toy with the idea of grabbing a premier edge by moving up. Which I mean it would be amazing to add a premier D-Line Donald, Heyward, JOnes, Allen, Buckner, Vea, Reader////Bosa, Mack, Myles, Watt, Parsons, Cam Jordan

What ever this draft offers we probably should be able to get a big get

Hawks slate for something around the low 20s (22) right now
Bronco's 6 have a worse record 4 tied so somewhere near top 10 but probably more like 5-12 (7) right now

They also have 2 in the 2nd #42, and 53
3rd #85
4th 123
5th 147, 158
7th 197

4 basically top 50 picks? Nice. If we could get Geno to sign 10to15M/

What kind of a contract does Geno get?

TB12 IS IN THAT RANGE!

D-train

Re: Rumors about Geno extension

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:14 am

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:15 am

I am thankful that we have at least another 7 games to evaluate him before making a decision. Right now I would say resign him but....
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:03 am

The will extend him, but how much will it be?
Brock is thinking get it done now. Geno's stock could go up or down between now and the end of the season.
If you are Geno's agent, do you want to compromise now, or roll the dice he lights it up?
Would Schneider rather see what the rest of the season holds before extending, or would he rather compromise now?

douche

Post by douche » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:29 pm

This is a complete guess on my part, but I would put his number at $20 million per. He's playing at that level, in my opinion. A lot of dough, but a bargain when one considers other starters' salaries.

The extension will likely happen, but not until the season is over.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:15 pm

trharder wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:03 am
Brock is thinking get it done now. Geno's stock could go up or down between now and the end of the season.
If you are Geno's agent, do you want to compromise now, or roll the dice he lights it up?
Would Schneider rather see what the rest of the season holds before extending, or would he rather compromise now?
If I was Geno I would get it done now. Given his history and the fact he is Second in passer rating, what is he waiting for? Minimal upside relative to him turning back into a 2013 9 year old rotten Pumpkin
dt

douche

Post by douche » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:15 pm
trharder wrote:
If I was Geno I would get it done now. Given his history and the fact he is Second in passer rating, what is he waiting for? Minimal upside relative to him turning back into a 2013 9 year old rotten Pumpkin
Agreed. If you were Geno, it might make more sense to get it done quickly. That said, I hope it doesn't turn ugly.

And Geno isn't going to turn into a pumpkin, he's going to light it up all season. Let's be optimistic :D

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:39 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:13 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:15 pm
trharder wrote:
Agreed. If you were Geno, it might make more sense to get it done quickly. That said, I hope it doesn't turn ugly.

And Geno isn't going to turn into a pumpkin, he's going to light it up all season. Let's be optimistic :D
Absolutely, He could get injured at any time and blow his shot at a big payday. If I am him I am getting that contract as soon as possible. He has career earnings are at about 13 Million. He could probably quadruple that easily with a new contract right now. If I am him I wouldn't want to risk a ACL or a shoulder injury that could put my value at risk.

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:49 pm

Hopefully they pay him enough to start taking Ubers.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:18 pm

I think you're all delusional if you think he'll sign for 10-15 million.The league average for a QB is around $25 million, and he's playing at AT LEAST a Pro Bowl level, and pretty damn close to MVP level. If you think some team out there won't offer him $30m, you're fooling yourself.

Now maybe he gives the Seahawks a home-town discount, say $25m, with an absolute basement of 22, but I wouldn't count on it. He has this ONE window of opportunity to cash in.

All of this is assuming he doesn't fall off a cliff production-wise, of course.

The question is at what price do you not do it? The team has other needs and a bunch of draft capital, so you could look to the draft or a trade.