RW losing his mind??? Bizarre accusations

Donn Beach

Re: RW losing his mind??? Bizarre accusations

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:25 am

Yeah it probably happened once or twice, but the issue still would be why is it getting blown out of proportion in the first place. Why is it being made public, that to me is the issue

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:46 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:25 am
Why is it being made public, that to me is the issue
well, I assume it's because it's pretty hilarious.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:56 am

Geno might do some hilarious things as well but it's kept in the locker room. Point being, the significant aspect could be his teammates squealing him out to the media

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:52 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:02 am
I wonder how true this even is. I'm sure it happened once, maybe twice... hell, Lockett pointed out he was using the same hot read signals in game 1. But is it an every-game thing, or something that happened week 1 or 2 like one time and is just now coming to their attention so they're running with it. The difference is pretty damn monumental - the latter is basically what a lot of people here are saying, kind of expected after spending a decade here, but if it's an on-going thing, he might actually be losing it.

My guess is it's being blown way out of proportion, based only on the fact that everything is blown way out of proportion on the internet any more.
So, you think they sat on this story over two months and just now released it?

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:40 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:52 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
I wonder how true this even is. I'm sure it happened once, maybe twice... hell, Lockett pointed out he was using the same hot read signals in game 1. But is it an every-game thing, or something that happened week 1 or 2 like one time and is just now coming to their attention so they're running with it. The difference is pretty damn monumental - the latter is basically what a lot of people here are saying, kind of expected after spending a decade here, but if it's an on-going thing, he might actually be losing it.

My guess is it's being blown way out of proportion, based only on the fact that everything is blown way out of proportion on the internet any more.
naw. I think it's possible/probable somebody said something a couple months ago, then a series of people played a game of telephone and when it finally got to Polumbus the story had changed to become something more dramatic than it was.

Or hell, maybe it's true. I mean, the guy has been so focused on his legacy, and he literally went from talking heads calling him a consensus first-ballot HOFer to "possibly HOF career" which is a pretty huge deal to someone trying to go down as the best there ever was.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:46 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:40 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:52 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:

naw. I think it's possible/probable somebody said something a couple months ago, then a series of people played a game of telephone and when it finally got to Polumbus the story had changed to become something more dramatic than it was.

Or hell, maybe it's true. I mean, the guy has been so focused on his legacy, and he literally went from talking heads calling him a consensus first-ballot HOFer to "possibly HOF career" which is a pretty huge deal to someone trying to go down as the best there ever was.
I do think this is wildy overblown - as is everything on the interwebs. Sure, he may have done it, but I find it highly unlikely it happened often. Also, confusing signals isn't anything new for Wilson - for years in Seattle he was always signaling his tight ends to steal third or bunt. #awkward :D