Rape and Pillagers vs. Hawks game thread

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Rape and Pillagers vs. Hawks game thread

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:21 pm

Anyone still think the 2012 team is a valid comparison to where the Seahawks currently are? I'm not even sure we're at the level of the 2011 team talent-wise, certainly not if Geno wasn't massively exceding expectations. They need at least one more big draft to merit any comparison because the 2012 team would demolish this group.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:24 pm

Accurate take on this game:

NFL.com’s Eric Edholm writes that Seahawks defense has taken a major step backward.

Since Week 6, the Seahawks had kept scores way down, allowing no more than 23 points and 329 yards in their previous five games entering Sunday. But then the Raiders arrived and shocked the Seahawks with how readily they moved the ball, despite taking — at times — a fairly conservative approach. Seattle sandwiched defensive interceptions around a 75-yard Raiders TD drive and forced a punt in the first four series of the game. But outside of some stops in short-yardage situations, there were very few positives for Seattle defensively. The Raiders racked up 27 first downs (their most of the season) and 576 yards of offense, which was 169 more than Vegas had gained all season in a game. It hasn’t been much of an issue this season because the offense has taken care of the ball well, but Seattle has now allowed touchdowns following nine of its 15 giveaways this season. A dream start to the season is now in danger of unraveling.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:31 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:21 pm
Anyone still think the 2012 team is a valid comparison to where the Seahawks currently are? I'm not even sure we're at the level of the 2011 team talent-wise, certainly not if Geno wasn't massively exceding expectations. They need at least one more big draft to merit any comparison because the 2012 team would demolish this group.
Maybe further from 2012 than we hoped, but there are certainly some pieces. When you factor in that we could easily have four picks in the first 45 or 50 next year? We have GLARING needs, in the front 7 on defense and the interior line on offense, but Geno's play has at the very least allowed for some flexibility in how we approach next year, if they can sign him.

I am not sure if it is scheme or personnel, but what if the run defense is as easy as replacing Barton? Devon Bush?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents ... inebacker/

He has underproduced, maybe will be at the right price and we can turn him into something?

There are some potential stop gaps on the edge too....but not sure I would be willing to pay what some of these guys are going to get.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/edge//

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:59 pm

Unreal. lol
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:29 am

My comparison has always been the 2011 team. If I got too high on this team it was because I thought Geno was better than he is.
There are a lot of rookie starters on this year's team.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:42 pm

trharder wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:29 am
My comparison has always been the 2011 team. If I got too high on this team it was because I thought Geno was better than he is.
There are a lot of rookie starters on this year's team.
I could see that, but the offense scored plenty of points, and has in pretty much every loss but the 49er game. Geno had chances to win the game, but the defense is just flat out shitty. Hard to ask your offense to never punt, but that is basically what we are doing with the defense we are running out there right now.