Rape and Pillagers vs. Hawks game thread

D-train

Re: Rape and Pillagers vs. Hawks game thread

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:58 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:28 pm
It was his second worst game based on QBR (41.1) but he wasn't terrible.
Yeah we did put up 34 points but man just have to be able to find a way to pick up 15 freaking yards (length of a good bunt in baseball) in OT.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:00 pm

Huge impact by Taylor on this play! :lol: :lol: :lol:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:13 pm

Was thinkin that they should only be allowed to review replays at regular speed instead of 1000 frames a second slo mo. The game doesn't happen in slo mo and the officials on the field don't see it in slo mo, why are reviews done in super slow mo. Just insane that DK's catch was overturned because of the minimal ball movement as he rolled out of bounds that was impossible to see with the naked eye.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:51 pm

Did they throw a flag on Taylor on that play? He didn't actually block anyone but it's still a pretty dumb mistake. Maybe he heard a whistle?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:09 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:45 pm
DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:21 am
The defense lost this game, but at the same time we got two looks at win-or-lose-the-game-right-now Geno Smith and we couldn't even get into field goal range. He's playing really well but he doesn't have that winning it factor. But again, he did enough to where we should have won this one easily, the Raiders are not a team that can score 40 points.
I blame the play calling on the last drive. The first pass for 5 yard was fine I guess but then they choose to bang their head against the wall again running it up the gut even though they had ZERO success doing that the ENTIRE game. Now its third and 5 and a slow developing pass play in which Geno gets sacked. On 2nd down why not run the naked boot which Geno rolls out and passes to a TE or DK. That play has been successful like 100% of the time and is ALWAYS good for like 10-15 years and we are instantly in FG range and our win % is at 90%+
I mentioned this to my son. Plus, the second down run put us on the right hash, so the right side was the short side of the field. It seems we always run the boot to the right side, when on the left hash, but I could be wrong. I still say it is ridiculous on the biggest third down of the game to ask a Rookie RT to block the only fucking pass rusher they have one on one. Give him some fucking help.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:15 pm

Josh Jacobs - 33 CAR, 229 YDS, 2 TD, 6.9 AVG

That porous run defense is what really concerned me going into this game.

gil

Post by gil » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:24 pm

It really does puzzle me how it seems that their defense "flipped a switch" after the New Orleans game. But after 4 wins, we are back to earlier problems. Actually, it was mostly the run defense that killed us against TB, but yesterday, for much of the game, it seemed that they couldn't stop anything.

Sort of similar on offense. Just unable to get Walker many holes the last 2 weeks.

Plus not being able to get any big plays (or even mediocre plays) on offense with the game on the line.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:28 pm

Shelby Harris sums it up after Jacobs' run.
Screenshot 2022-11-28 122705.png
Screenshot 2022-11-28 122705.png (802.38 KiB) Viewed 256 times

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:08 pm

Taylor was more impactful running off the sidelines than he was playing. He’s had a horrid season.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:38 pm

gil wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:24 pm
It really does puzzle me how it seems that their defense "flipped a switch" after the New Orleans game. But after 4 wins, we are back to earlier problems. Actually, it was mostly the run defense that killed us against TB, but yesterday, for much of the game, it seemed that they couldn't stop anything.

Sort of similar on offense. Just unable to get Walker many holes the last 2 weeks.

Plus not being able to get any big plays (or even mediocre plays) on offense with the game on the line.
Some of it is luck. The Chargers and Cardinals are three of those wins, and sorry, they are poorly coached. The Chargers probably could have run all over us but would rather have Herbert dink and dunk it all day. At one point yesterday he had over 20 completions and less than 220 yards. Pretty sure he was at less than six yards per attempt when I saw that stat. Yes, they won, but they beat the Cards. Both of those teams are terrible and flat out do dumb stuff. Add in that the Giants are a fraud, I think we really got overly excited about four wins over shitty teams.

The problems that have been there have been there, it just took well coached teams to exploit them. Oops, never mind, Joshy Boy coaches the Raiders. That might go down as one of Pete's worst losses. At home, off a bye against Joshy Boy. That is flat out terrible.

I digress. Again, I think it was less about us flipping a switch and more about playing bad teams that are poorly coached. Tampa was the worst rushing team in football and played us with the GOAT at QB, and had no intention of not slamming it down our throats. We are lucky the Chargers and Tards didn't do the same. And the Giants had both Danny Dimes and Saquan rush for over 100 the week before playing us and never seemed to really try to get creative in the Run game. Otherwise? We might be in competition with Denver for highest draft pick. I think we played over our heads and played against poorly coached teams.

Herbert is 30th in yards per attempt this season, yet is 2nd in attempts. That would be like looking at Kelenic's numbers against lefties and just running him out there anyway. I get that they want him to be great, and many bought in after last year. He just isn't. He makes Chad Pennington look like a risk taker. They are currently out of the playoffs and haven't beaten anyone with a winning record, but the coach refuses to change. Had they run it against us they would have beaten us, IMO.

Still, you are what your record says you are. If we can find a way to block the Rams, we could beat them twice. I have my doubts about us being able to block them, but two wins gets us to 8, and 9 will probably get into the playoffs.