Seahawk's Throwbacks are coming - and the video is EPIC

auroraave

Seahawk's Throwbacks are coming - and the video is EPIC

Post by auroraave » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:55 pm

If this vid doesn't get you stoked - you're probably a closet Cardinals fan. If they could put the angry bird logo on the old color scheme helmets - oh hell yeah. Shout out to VHS tapes.

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/159 ... oming-2023

D-train

Re: Seahawk's Throwbacks are coming - and the video is EPIC

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:21 pm

Its a good vid but if I live 1000 years I will never get how obsessed some dudes are with what other dudes wear while playing sports...

On Sunday we were still in first place in desperate need of a win and in the middle of the game Brent Stecker tweeted how he could NOT stop thinking about how much better we would look in the throw back uniforms. What in the Actual fuck??????? :|
dt

douche

Post by douche » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:26 pm

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:21 pm
Its a good vid but if I live 1000 years I will never get how obsessed some dudes are with what other dudes wear while playing sports...

On Sunday we were still in first place in desperate need of a win and in the middle of the game Brent Stecker tweeted how he could NOT stop thinking about how much better we would look in the throw back uniforms. What in the Actual fuck??????? :|
Like it or not, aesthetics does play a role in the overall emotional appeal of a sports team to its fans. I think it matters less as you get older but it is still an important aspect to the sense of continuity and history of a team. Players and coaches come and go and in many cases are not that easy to relate to or admire, but the uniforms make them part of a larger, more abstract, entity free from the pettiness of individual strife and ambition.

And no, i didn't steal that from Jack Handy.
:lol:

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:52 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:50 pm
D-train wrote:

Like it or not, aesthetics does play a role in the overall emotional appeal of a sports team to its fans. I think it matters less as you get older but it is still an important aspect to the sense of continuity and history of a team. Players and coaches come and go and in many cases are not that easy to relate to or admire, but the uniforms make them part of a larger, more abstract, entity free from the pettiness of individual strife and ambition.

Hmmmm Sibelius Handymith. Your cover is BLOWN! :lol:

I love those old school colors - paired with the updated logo - that look is epic. No one else is rocking those colors. I think the new uni's suck. The previous version were bloody awful colors - but proper numbers. Blue, green and silver? Hell yeah! All we need next is an all black alt version.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:49 pm

I must be the only remaining human being on planet Earth that prefers the original logo.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:53 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:50 pm
D-train wrote:

I don't not like I just don't get the OBSESSION like it is more important than the actual games and success on the field. Sure, kinda neat they are going with the throwbacks but another tweet I saw this guy said it was bitter sweet because they should have done it a long time ago. He was literally stilled PISSED about uniforms. Sorry, can't understand that in the least.

NOT JOKING!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:55 pm

Here it is.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:01 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:53 pm

I don't not like I just don't get the OBSESSION like it is more important than the actual games and success on the field. Sure, kinda neat they are going with the throwbacks but another tweet I saw this guy said it was bitter sweet because they should have done it a long time ago. He was literally stilled PISSED about uniforms. Sorry, can't understand that in the least.

NOT JOKING!
I am usually not impacted at all by the uniforms, unless they are stupid. Remember the old Thursday night assaults to our eyes? Oregon in the all yellow and OSU in the all orange was pretty dumb this weekend too. That said, that video was fucking awesome. Not because I am that in love with those Seahawk uniforms, but damn, was fun watching those old Husky, Mariner and Sonic clips, and seeing Springs, Moon and Tez in Seahawk uniforms.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:27 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:01 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:53 pm

NOT JOKING!
I am usually not impacted at all by the uniforms, unless they are stupid. Remember the old Thursday night assaults to our eyes? Oregon in the all yellow and OSU in the all orange was pretty dumb this weekend too. That said, that video was fucking awesome. Not because I am that in love with those Seahawk uniforms, but damn, was fun watching those old Husky, Mariner and Sonic clips, and seeing Springs, Moon and Tez in Seahawk uniforms.
Yes, great vid. What color shirts and pants dudes wear, not so much. Curious if they do the same thing at weddings, comment throughout the ceremony about how dope or sick or tight the tuxes or suits the Groom and Groomsmen are wearing??? :lol:
dt