OTHER guys we could/should draft

SeattleAddict

OTHER guys we could/should draft

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:24 am

Everybody is rightfully focused on the top pick, but I wanted to list some of the guys I like in the 2nd-6th rounds. Feel free to pick apart and add others, but these guys are the ones I like as fits for team needs. I'm not saying these guys should be either of the first round picks. This list is purposefully for guys with later-round potential that could be interesting. Also interested to see how they pan out later.

QB:
Hendon Hooker Tennessee. 6’4” 218. Big frame, heisman candidate before getting injured. Injury could make him drop further than the 1st rounder he would have been. Played in a spread offense so questions whether he can make NFL decisions. 32 TDs to only 2 INTs, though.
Jake Haener Fresno State. Not flashy, but he’s one of those gritty, hard working guys that just wins. Team went 1-4 when he was hurt, then 9-0 once he returned. He has all the attributes of a top-10 pick except size.
Stetson Bennett, Georgia. Not rated highly at all, but led a team to potentially back-to-back national championships. Might be worth a late round pick. Is he a superstar? Maybe not. Could he be a viable backup or potential starter? Yes.

D-line:
Siaki Ika, Baylor. 6’4” 358 . Draft stock dropped because 2022 lacked production, but he is double teamed every play and eats up blocks.
Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas State. 6’3” 253. Tall, long and fast. High ceiling type of guy.
Tuli Tuipuloto, USC. 6’4” 290. Seen him projected everywhere from 1st to 4th round.
Tyler Davis, Clemson. 6’2” 300. Stout and stocky, kinda like Poona. Explosive off the ball and makes plays. Injuries a question mark.
Andre Carter, Army. 6’7”. Raw talent, used to be a WR and TE.

OL
John MIchael Schmitz, Minnesota. 6’4” 320. Powerful and versatile -played OT previously.
Sedrick Van Pran, Georgia. 6’4” 310. High motor, athletic.
Luke Wypler, Ohio State. 6’3” 300. Technical blocker, everything solid but nothing that stands out. Zone blocking scheme.

RB
Zach Charbonnet, UCLA. 6’1” 220. Just a big, bruising back that runs over people.

LB
Jack Campbell, Iowa. 6’5” 243. Looks like a basic white guy, but makes play after play, and everybody raves how he’s the hardest worker and most dedicated guy in the locker room. Just strikes me as a guy that will play well above his 4th-5th round projection. I love this one - though I think Cody Barton improved a lot the second half of the season so ILB isn't quite as high a need as I thought before. Not sure when Brooks will be back, though.