Draft Simulator Thread

Michael K.

Re: Draft Simulator Thread

Post by Michael K. » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:46 pm

Honestly? I'd be OK with QB at 5 if it's Stroud. I just can't get over what he did to Georgia's defense in the Final 4.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:03 pm

I just can't see Stroud available at 5. Bryce and Stroud will have to go to the Texans and Colts even without trade in and outs.

I am just hoping somebody picks Levis in the top 4. That most likely means Anderson or Carter would be there for us (without us trading down--whick I totally see us doing) There is a huge drop in defensive play makers after Carter and Anderson in my opinion.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:52 pm

We of course focus on the Broncos beating the Chargers costing us the 3 pick but how about the fact they be the 49ers! God!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:01 pm

hadn't heard much about Cox Jr. and Wicks, but like their scouting reports.
Brenton Cox Jr.

EDGE Florida

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 253 | RAS: TBD

NFL-team-logo
The first thing to note on Cox’s scouting report is his versatility. He can play the defensive end position in a 4-3 formation or 3-4 OLB. He has played with his hand in the ground and standing up during his short college football career. At 6’4″ and 250 pounds, he is a little in-between the ideal size for both positions. However, Cox has demonstrated the ability to drop back into coverage that will be required at the next level. As a result, he best projects to play OLB in the NFL.

The Florida prospect possesses an impressive first step and exhibits decent explosion at the line of scrimmage. He won’t win many foot races, but the first step and burst allow him to get a jump at the line of scrimmage. Additionally, Cox shows examples of good footwork and lateral agility. This is on display with his spin moves, one of the tools he has in his pass-rush arsenal.

-Oliver Hodgkinson

Dontayvion Wicks

WR Virginia

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 205 | RAS: TBD

Wicks’ linear athleticism stands out and is magnified by his long-strider mold. But Wicks’ agility and twitch are even more exciting. Wicks has the high-end cylindrical twitch to suddenly cut stems and snap around on routes. He’s a loose-hipped, spry lateral athlete with great burst and freedom on his cuts. The Virginia WR is a snappy, amped-up, high-energy short-area mover who can vary his stride lengths with speed, precision, and control. With his loose hips and twitch, Wicks can pinch tight angles off stems upfield while sustaining acceleration through transitions.

-Ian Cummings

Would have preferred to add more interior O Line, but I never really liked anyone at the right spot, and didn't want to reach. Loaded up on picks since the Packers apparently had a Corner they really liked they were willing to move up to get in the middle of the draft.
Attachments
Top of 2.6 Draft.PNG
Top of 2.6 Draft.PNG (39.99 KiB) Viewed 424 times
Bottom of 2.6 Draft.PNG
Bottom of 2.6 Draft.PNG (38.91 KiB) Viewed 424 times

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:05 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:01 pm
hadn't heard much about Cox Jr. and Wicks, but like their scouting reports.
Brenton Cox Jr.

EDGE Florida

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 253 | RAS: TBD

NFL-team-logo
The first thing to note on Cox’s scouting report is his versatility. He can play the defensive end position in a 4-3 formation or 3-4 OLB. He has played with his hand in the ground and standing up during his short college football career. At 6’4″ and 250 pounds, he is a little in-between the ideal size for both positions. However, Cox has demonstrated the ability to drop back into coverage that will be required at the next level. As a result, he best projects to play OLB in the NFL.

The Florida prospect possesses an impressive first step and exhibits decent explosion at the line of scrimmage. He won’t win many foot races, but the first step and burst allow him to get a jump at the line of scrimmage. Additionally, Cox shows examples of good footwork and lateral agility. This is on display with his spin moves, one of the tools he has in his pass-rush arsenal.

-Oliver Hodgkinson
If I recall, Cox was dismissed from both Georgia and Florida. He's a monster of a player, but I have a feeling that he might be a major troublemaker.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:51 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:05 pm

If I recall, Cox was dismissed from both Georgia and Florida. He's a monster of a player, but I have a feeling that he might be a major troublemaker.
Hadn't researched that. Ick. I mean, trouble maker worked out real well when we drafted McDowell! LOL

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:29 am

McDowell hadn't been in trouble when they drafted him, Clark had

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:13 am

I hadn't heard about Cox, so I had to look it up.

5 star athlete out of high school, #23 overall prospect.

He got arrested at UGA for weed possession. There was probably more to it, as police were called to his dorm and put him in cuffs before finally charging him with possession of a small amount of weed. Then he was suspended and immediately entered the transfer portal.

At Florida, he punched a Georgia player and got dismissed... but that's not why they dismissed him. They refused to state the exact reason, saying it was a "cumulative effect" implying it was multiple reasons, and the punch was the cherry on top. He declared for the draft that same day.

So, on the one hand, his actual KNOWN offenses are smoking a little weed and getting in a fight during a game.

On the OTHER hand, there was CLEARLY more going on behind the scenes, as lots of players have done those things without getting thrown off the team, especially when they're stars. Plus, when he got into trouble, he IMMEDIATELY cut bait and left, which sure makes it seem like he's immature and emotional.

Seems like the kind of guy that gets drafted, looks great on the field, then does something stupid and ruins his career. It's just a matter of when - do you get a few years out of him like Burfict or instantly and forever regret the pick like McDowell.

I think I'd pass.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:00 am

Supposedly there were locker room issues. The question would be risking a fifth round pick on him. Hey, I'm not looking to just draft nice guys, according to Leo, nice guys finish last

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:13 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:00 am
Supposedly there were locker room issues. The question would be risking a fifth round pick on him. Hey, I'm not looking to just draft nice guys, according to Leo, nice guys finish last
I'd take him with one of our 5th round picks. He is going to be disruptive and garner extra attention out on the edge.

From some things I've read he's been involved in multiple altercations on and off the field. Maybe a zero tolerance no fighting clause in his contract or something to that affect could make him think twice.