Donn Beach

Re: Geno might have been a bit nervous watching the Packers Lions

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:09 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:30 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:58 am
From football outsiders, another indication Lock wasn't a throw in
. Smith entered this season in a quarterback competition in Seattle, but the Seahawks' insistence on getting Drew Lock in the Russell Wilson trade (and their praise for Lock in the subsequent press conference) suggested he was an underdog in that battle. But he started with the first string in training camp and never looked back, and his early performance has been better than anyone could have expected
I don't think he was a throw in because they thought he had a good chance to be the starter. But it wasn't because it they needed a backup in 2022 and was a given they were going to resign him
It goes back to when others thought they would trade for another QB to be the starter, there was an attitude with some that he was some sort of a throw in. I didn't think they would just toss a part of a trade away like that. It's no given they will re-sign him. If it's true they are interested in bringing them both back seems me that indicates they aren't interested in drafting a QB

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:36 pm

I didn't think he was a throw and and they didn't either but the fact that he hasn't stepped on the field and my never as a Hawk makes him a throw in.

That won't change regardless of whether or not we resign him. The book is closed in terms of trading for him unless Geno gets injured tomorrow.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:18 pm

Not if they re-sign him