Geno might have been a bit nervous watching the Packers Lions

D-train

Re: Geno might have been a bit nervous watching the Packers Lions

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:59 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:39 pm
Don't see what Missouri have to do with it. I think if the Hawks are serious they certainly have the inside track. Let's see, he flopped in Denver, got beat out here by Geno, and has now gone a season without stepping on a football field. I really don't see his stock being very high. The team that knows him is the hawks, I think that's his best shot at a decent contract if they are interested. Of course if they really are interested in both Geno and Lock that would mean they aren't looking to draft a QB
Lol you spend post about a dozen posts arguing how remote Seattle is on the M's forum last month and what a detraction it would be for FAs to come to the Mariners but now a guy that grew up in Missouri and played college football in MO and is good enough to get a BU QB job in at least a dozen places and maybe thinks he can compete for a starting job somewhere is going to come back to Seattle for what reason exactly? To sit behind Geno? If Geno walks are if Lock is offered a chance to compete in a fair competition I can see it but if not he is gone.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:22 pm
Sure. Zero indication why Lock would want to be be here. He might not feel like he got a fair shot at the starter job and like you say, He is a million light years from Missouri right?
I don't think there is any doubt he would feel he never got a shot. He took the number two reps all but one week of the kff season, and that was rhe week AFTER he came back from COVID. That said, where is he going where he is going to compete for the job?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:59 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Don't see what Missouri have to do with it. I think if the Hawks are serious they certainly have the inside track. Let's see, he flopped in Denver, got beat out here by Geno, and has now gone a season without stepping on a football field. I really don't see his stock being very high. The team that knows him is the hawks, I think that's his best shot at a decent contract if they are interested. Of course if they really are interested in both Geno and Lock that would mean they aren't looking to draft a QB
Lol you spend post about a dozen posts arguing how remote Seattle is on the M's forum last month and what a detraction it would be for FAs to come to the Mariners but now a guy that grew up in Missouri and played college football in MO and is good enough to get a BU QB job in at least a dozen places and maybe thinks he can compete for a starting job somewhere is going to come back to Seattle for what reason exactly? To sit behind Geno? If Geno walks are if Lock is offered a chance to compete in a fair competition I can see it but if not he is gone.
You act like the offers are going to be flying in, why exactly? Why would he be anymore popular as a backup QB than Geno was? What about his resume makes you believe he could be the backup QB in at least a dozen places?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:36 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:25 pm
D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
You act like the offers are going to be flying in, why exactly? Why would he be anymore popular as a backup QB than Geno was? What about his resume makes you believe he could be the backup QB in at least a dozen places?
Well why would the brilliant Seahawks want a guy nobody else wants???
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:37 pm

Maybe other teams see how Geno went from backup Hawk QB to a bona fide starter worth $30M a year and might think Lock can do it too. :shock:
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:36 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
D-train wrote:

For the same reason they brought back Geno Smith four times, and Lock can see what it did for Lock. I really don't think it be that difficult if that's what the hawks want to do.

On signing Geno for $7 mil that the forum bitched and screamed about. We shall see, if the Hawks want to bring Lock back it's giving him the same chance to learn the system as Geno had playing behind RW.
. "He's invested a lot with us, he knows our system the best," Carroll said at last month's NFL annual meeting. "He performed well at it once he got going last year. Can he take off from where he finished up? Unfortunately, the Jacksonville game was his last game, and it was almost a perfect football game for us. We have very high hopes that he can run the system really well
If I'm drew Lock I'm hoping the hawks are interested in offering a contract. I'm sure not turning my nose up at them

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:12 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:40 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:36 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

For the same reason they brought back Geno Smith four times, and Lock can see what it did for Lock. I really don't think it be that difficult if that's what the hawks want to do.

On signing Geno for $7 mil that the forum bitched and screamed about. We shall see, if the Hawks want to bring Lock back it's giving him the same chance to learn the system as Geno had playing behind RW.
. "He's invested a lot with us, he knows our system the best," Carroll said at last month's NFL annual meeting. "He performed well at it once he got going last year. Can he take off from where he finished up? Unfortunately, the Jacksonville game was his last game, and it was almost a perfect football game for us. We have very high hopes that he can run the system really well
If I'm drew Lock I'm hoping the hawks are interested in offering a contract. I'm sure not turning my nose up at them
I am not sure they brought back Geno four times, did he really sign four one year contracts? As for the forum screaming, I don't remember too many people mad they signed him. DT and I were mad they didn't allow Lock to compete for the job, but I don't remember a lot of screaming about paying Geno $7 million.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:23 pm

Nobody gave a shit about $3.5M given it was after the trade.
$3,500,000
Current Contract
Geno Smith signed a 1 year, $3,500,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including a $500,000 signing bonus, $500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,500,000.
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:01 pm

lots of people screamed about Geno being overpaid (can't remember if anybody here did) - I argued that the contract was cheap, and only became the maximum if he did well. Nobody thought he would. Now it looks like a hell of a bargain, eh?

As for Lock, I'll give you the reason he might want to return: Seattle WANTED him. Who else in the league was trying to acquire his services? What team out there would actually give him a shot to start?? Plus, Geno is unsigned, so there's a real possibility that he gets an actual shot at the starting job.

Now I can't say that they will try real hard to sign him, but I agree that they probably will make an offer... and I think he'll take it. Backup QB is about the sweetest job in the world, it's not like they're asking him to shovel shit for minimum wage.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:30 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:01 pm
lots of people screamed about Geno being overpaid (can't remember if anybody here did) - I argued that the contract was cheap, and only became the maximum if he did well. Nobody thought he would. Now it looks like a hell of a bargain, eh?

As for Lock, I'll give you the reason he might want to return: Seattle WANTED him. Who else in the league was trying to acquire his services? What team out there would actually give him a shot to start?? Plus, Geno is unsigned, so there's a real possibility that he gets an actual shot at the starting job.

Now I can't say that they will try real hard to sign him, but I agree that they probably will make an offer... and I think he'll take it. Backup QB is about the sweetest job in the world, it's not like they're asking him to shovel shit for minimum wage.
Yes, that's what I said. He would come back if Geno is gone but he isn't likely to sign here if Geno signs first. imo
dt