More Than One Outcome- Trade Up The #5 Pick

Sexymarinersfan

Re: More Than One Outcome- Trade Up The #5 Pick

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:30 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:25 am
That DL gotta be fixed 1 way or the other. If you tag Geno there's no room for FA additions you sign him to a long term extension & backload it. Either way QB isn't the only position that needs improvement.
There's no room to tag Geno and re-sign you're players along with you're rookie class. Not unless you start hacking off other necessary pieces of the team elsewhere.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:34 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:35 am
Pharmabro wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:53 am
Cascade Kid wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:45 am

But how would this fill the hole at QB?
If we trade him we gather more picks to build a good nest. Now itall we nee is a bird to nest in it. Many here wanted to put Locke in. Bring him back on a 1 mil or whatever. Draft a QB either now or later. Pete is actually right. They have a QB friendly system.
Hard to argue these days they don't, pretty amazing shifting perceptions.
I don’t think the perception was it wasn’t. Just that Pete wasn’t going to let someone just line up in the pistol or gun and throw it all the time. Wilson wants to be Brady and Mahomes. He’s not. That was the problem. In that case? Pete WAS holding him back, but not in a bad way. Russ just didn’t get it. The more I watch Geno this year, the more I wonder if the QB with the more traditional measurements is the one Pete actually wants? This looks like a more Waldron lead offense than before.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:41 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:30 pm
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
That DL gotta be fixed 1 way or the other. If you tag Geno there's no room for FA additions you sign him to a long term extension & backload it. Either way QB isn't the only position that needs improvement.
There's no room to tag Geno and re-sign you're players along with you're rookie class. Not unless you start hacking off other necessary pieces of the team elsewhere.
Yes there is. Just will have to go cheap in other areas. Cut mone, Harris, and Jackson you have Genoa money. Then you have 18-28 million to spend on free agents. This is after signing depth and draft picks. They can push some money around. If a franchise is used all 31-35 is on the current seasons cap. If the sign him. Tons 5 year with 3 years guaranteed he can cost a lot less. Then go to town on line backers and dline. And a center.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:42 am

Honestly John will trade down and get picks. Then that will save a million or so as you pay for draft picks.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:02 am

Gametime wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:41 am

Yes there is. Just will have to go cheap in other areas. Cut mone, Harris, and Jackson you have Genoa money. Then you have 18-28 million to spend on free agents.
After dead cap hit, cutting Harris would save 8.5, Jackson 6.5, Mone 2.5. 17.5 Million total there, but you'd have to replace them, so really you'd only net about 10 at best.

Also, I don't like cutting Harris. He's been arguably the best DL we had this season. Getting rid of Jefferson would make a lot more sense, and save almost as much money (4.5M). I don't think you can replace Harris' productivity for that extra 4M. I do think they have to cut bait with Jackson, though. He's been a liability all season and costs $11M. He's not worth anything close to that, so replacing that with a veteran, draft pick, or I still think Curhan would make a good guard, should be easy enough.

I would guess they restructure a couple of guys, maybe those mentioned, maybe Adams, Tyler, or Quandre? That gets too complicated for my math skills, but they're the most expensive. All said and done, I think the Seahawks can afford around $30M for Geno if they essentially just use draft picks and bottom of the barrel FAs.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:05 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:02 am
Gametime wrote:

Yes there is. Just will have to go cheap in other areas. Cut mone, Harris, and Jackson you have Genoa money. Then you have 18-28 million to spend on free agents.
After dead cap hit, cutting Harris would save 8.5, Jackson 6.5, Mone 2.5. 17.5 Million total there, but you'd have to replace them, so really you'd only net about 10 at best.

Also, I don't like cutting Harris. He's been arguably the best DL we had this season. Getting rid of Jefferson would make a lot more sense, and save almost as much money (4.5M). I don't think you can replace Harris' productivity for that extra 4M. I do think they have to cut bait with Jackson, though. He's been a liability all season and costs $11M. He's not worth anything close to that, so replacing that with a veteran, draft pick, or I still think Curhan would make a good guard, should be easy enough.

I would guess they restructure a couple of guys, maybe those mentioned, maybe Adams, Tyler, or Quandre? That gets too complicated for my math skills, but they're the most expensive. All said and done, I think the Seahawks can afford around $30M for Geno if they essentially just use draft picks and bottom of the barrel FAs.
No would net more than 10. You are going to draft dline. Adams did better than Collier. He’s cheap

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:07 am

Gametime wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Yes there is. Just will have to go cheap in other areas. Cut mone, Harris, and Jackson you have Genoa money. Then you have 18-28 million to spend on free agents. This is after signing depth and draft picks. They can push some money around. If a franchise is used all 31-35 is on the current seasons cap. If the sign him. Tons 5 year with 3 years guaranteed he can cost a lot less. Then go to town on line backers and dline. And a center.
The only way they can make it happen is if they extend Geno out to about 3-4 years on the franchise tag. It'd be too tight on a 1 or 2 year deal in my opinion.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:37 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:07 am
Gametime wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

The only way they can make it happen is if they extend Geno out to about 3-4 years on the franchise tag. It'd be too tight on a 1 or 2 year deal in my opinion.
I really wanna see them go after DL in FA too so who knows. That defense needs a lot of work.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:19 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:37 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:07 am
Gametime wrote:

I really wanna see them go after DL in FA too so who knows. That defense needs a lot of work.
I do too. I'm hoping we can get Geno back, but that he'll take a hometown discount. We have SO many holes on defense and nothing at QB. And there aren't any mid round QB's worth taking. Carroll and Schneider have their work cut out for them.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:07 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:34 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:35 am
Pharmabro wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:53 am

If we trade him we gather more picks to build a good nest. Now itall we nee is a bird to nest in it. Many here wanted to put Locke in. Bring him back on a 1 mil or whatever. Draft a QB either now or later. Pete is actually right. They have a QB friendly system.
Hard to argue these days they don't, pretty amazing shifting perceptions.
I don’t think the perception was it wasn’t. Just that Pete wasn’t going to let someone just line up in the pistol or gun and throw it all the time. Wilson wants to be Brady and Mahomes. He’s not. That was the problem. In that case? Pete WAS holding him back, but not in a bad way. Russ just didn’t get it. The more I watch Geno this year, the more I wonder if the QB with the more traditional measurements is the one Pete actually wants? This looks like a more Waldron lead offense than before.
Yeah, wasn't thinking of it in that way really. Hadn't thought it through, not sure what QB friendly really means. I was thinking in terms of development. Hadn't thought of the system being particularly strong, the offence isn't that great. It was always about the defense