More Than One Outcome- Trade Up The #5 Pick

Donn Beach

Re: More Than One Outcome- Trade Up The #5 Pick

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:11 pm

They aren't going to franchise Geno, think they have made that pretty clear actually. The tone really is if they can't come to a contract agreement they let him walk and go with an alternative

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:38 pm

Sounds like Geno will give a home-town discount.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/354 ... er-seattle

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:43 pm

Yeah, if they in fact want to sign him again I really don't see it being hard, it be his fifth Seahawk contact. They aren't going to try and lowball him. JS will come up with a fair number, I don't know what that is. And if Geno does want to return he will accept it, or at least work a number out

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:57 pm

I'm reminded of Golden Tate, who flat-out said he'd give Seattle a discount, that the most important thing to him was winning, and that he wouldn't want to go to some crappy city.

Then, Seattle didn't offer him as much as he wanted and he went to DETROIT, the worst team in the league, in the worst city in the country.

Money talks - so while he might be willing to take a discount, that doesn't mean he won't want fair market value. Nobody has paid his dues more than Geno, he deserves his payday. Hopefully they can come up with something that works for everybody.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:10 pm

That was my point, I don't think it's accurate to call it a discount. They aren't going to try and sign him for $15 mil because he wants to stay in Seattle. I think it means it will be a realistic negotiation. It's not like Clowney that was driven to try and find a team to match his ego. That's what it's about to me, taking the ego out of it, the pissing contest.

I think they get him signed, those comments are reassuring and I think they want to. I also think they bring Lock back. So no flashy QB draftee