Hawks vs. BeNigners Game Thread

Gametime

Re: Hawks vs. BeNigners Game Thread

Post by Gametime » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:38 am

Trey will be on the team as a backup. 20 million dead money.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:41 am

Thank god Cody a free agent as of right now since we are done. Not really until the NFL date comes.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:41 am

Good season, guys. We weren't supposed to be a good team, yet we ended up with nine wins and a postseason opportunity. On top of it, we struck gold with our rookies and have a great chance to strike more gold next year.

Man, except for Husky hoops every single Seattle team is good, even the rugby team. We're in the best time ever in Seattle sports.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:48 am

I will say... we can be upset about the Hawks losing to SF...

But here's 3x players on SF's D Line:

Nick Bosa - no. 2 overall pick.
Javon Kinlaw - no. 14 overall pick.
Arik Armstead - no. 4 overall pick.

Seattle hasn't drafted a defensive player higher than 15th in the past decade. The other 2x defensive players they've drafted in the 1st round were taken 27th and 29th.

Says a lot.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:51 am

not even mad about this game. 49ers right now are just a better team, and this whole season was a fun, unexpected ride.

This is going to be a WILD off-season, too.

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:11 am

I'm impressed with Purdy more than Geno

Geno is a vet, Purdy is a barely legal looking adult and outplayed Geno. Some of that is the lack of talent around Geno.

This team is at least 2 or 3 years from being a legit deep playoff run team.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:24 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:51 am
not even mad about this game. 49ers right now are just a better team, and this whole season was a fun, unexpected ride.

Was gonna say, besides running three straight dive playes late second quarter after we got a first down and the Geno fumble? Zero to complain about. Left it all out there. It looked to me like we did everything we could to win, they are just better. I can't think if the last playoff game we lost that I could say that...not question something.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:57 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Totally true.
I'm still fixated on the Geno thing. What would Geno have looked like if he took over for Lance as the 49er QB?
Would the money you saved if you didn't sign Geno for 25+ million go to better use than having Geno?

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:17 am

trharder wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:57 am
SeattleAddict wrote:
Totally true.
I'm still fixated on the Geno thing. What would Geno have looked like if he took over for Lance as the 49er QB?
Would the money you saved if you didn't sign Geno for 25+ million go to better use than having Geno?
If the 49ers had Geno nobody would touch them in the playoffs. Brock Purdy certainly looks better than a 7th round rookie, but I'm pretty sure they could win a few games with ME as QB of that roster. His numbers lie when all you have to do is hit 5 yard crossers and watch Deebo and McCaffrey run 80 yards after the catch. Other than the 2 pt conversion, I can't think of another completion he had that wasn't wide open.

To your other point, an extra $25M could fix a hole or two via free agency, but If we don't sign Geno (spoiler alert, we will), they'd still have to sign SOMEBODY, and starting calibre QBs aren't cheap, plus you'd have to use an extra draft resource, probably the #5 overall. WITH Geno, that pick can get a difference maker at another position. WITHOUT Geno you probably throw away that pick on Levis or Richardson and subsequently lose the next 5 years trying to make up for it.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:20 am

Purdy played decent football... But if there's gonna be things said about the Hawks system being QB friendly... There can't be a more QB friendly system in the NFL right now than at SF.

All they ran w. Purdy the whole game was double protection bootlegs that came after the Hawks got gashed on a sweep. If it wasn't there... they clearly told him to sprint backwards toward the sideline and throw the ball away at the very last second to avoid a sack. All SF's passing plays come off of selling run hard... they basically just anticipate corners biting so they can get a free runner over the top.