Sean Payton to the Chargers

trharder

Re: Sean Payton to the Chargers

Post by trharder » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:44 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:24 pm
Most likely go into broadcasting, he was made an offer last season but turned it down. Guess it's quite lucrative
Yes I've heard that. The first below video he seems to be auditioning. The second video he's displaying savant
like knowledge and memory. Maybe he'd be a very popular commentator. Not for me, but...
Still, I thought most of these guys had a burning desire to coach and compete through coaching. Helping to
grow young men. maybe being young himself he doesn't see himself that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcZidAEC6s8

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... jlfQBQk_kg

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:02 am

I dunno, if you were like 40 and had spent years in one of the most intense jobs on the planet making multi-millions of dollars, you might just want to take a month or two and screw some hookers in Thailand, too.

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:52 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:02 am
I dunno, if you were like 40 and had spent years in one of the most intense jobs on the planet making multi-millions of dollars, you might just want to take a month or two and screw some hookers in Thailand, too.
We are obviously mixing subjects, but McVay's wife is pure smoke show.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:56 am

trharder wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:52 am
SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:02 am
We are obviously mixing subjects, but McVay's wife is pure smoke show.
yeah, I was referring to Kingsbury of course. McVay wants that broadcast job that is about 100 hrs/week less work for the same pay so he can bang his wife with all that extra time. Same principle.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:53 am

Actually believe it be for a bit more, this was last season's offer
After McVay was reportedly offered a $100 million deal by Amazon to be brought on as an analyst, McVay finally spoke on his future, iterating his commitment to coaching while not closing the door on broadcasting

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:18 am

Believe he has announced he is returning to the Rams

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:40 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:06 pm
I do see now where McVay threw shade on returning after the SB too. I guess I ignored it back then as the hope that Aaron Donald
might retire was a much bigger deal. Many of us have wondered if the Rams sold their future for the SB win and it feels like McVay's
pussified waffling is a manifestation of that. I just can't imagine getting a dream job like NFL coach at 30yo. Then winning a SB
at age 35, then considering stepping away from coaching at 36. I've never liked the guy, so that probably clouds my judgement.
I remember the last years of Holmgren where he would threaten like this at the end of the season. I didn't like that either, but
at least he was older.
I agree on both, like could NOT agree more. I hated it when Holmgren did it. I get it, it's not an easy job, long hours, blah blah, but keep that shit to yourself. Go get your "me" time and then either come back or don't. I don't want to know your heart might not be in it, and I promise you the players don't want to know that. Chris Petersen never did that, but when you look at the last season he did coach? It sure makes sense he was conflicted right? Klinsburry doesn't have to tell people he is not talking about jobs, just don't talk about them. He doesn't have to tell people he is buying a one way ticket to Thailand, just fucking do it. McVey doesn't have to tell everyone he is going to go home and think about his future, just fucking do it. These guys can't stand to not be a part of the story. Klingsburry is the fucking worst. Sorry, the dude has not won ANYWHERE. I find it hilarious that he is the leading candidate for some OC jobs. I wonder if any of these GMs or Owners bothered to ask the guys he is coaching if they should let him be there OC. How many years with Murray, and he has gotten worse each season.

In D Hops last game? He had one catch for four yards on 10 targets. One of the biggest weapons on the field had 0 TDs his last three games, averaged under 11 yards per catch in five of his last seven games, finished under 100 yards in all seven of those games, and only scored 3 TDs in all 9 games he played in. I don't think there are five receivers in the entire NFL more talented than D Hop, and some guy who made his nut coaching offenses can't get him the pass for seven straight weeks? Check out D Hop's game logs and the last seven games....it's crazy. DK didn't have disappearing acts like this under Schotty!