Post Mortem: Seahawks v 9ers v 2022

This Season....

A. Was a success!
33%
A. Was a failure!
No votes
B. The future looks bright - headed in the right direction!
38%
B. The future looks bleak - everything sucks!
5%
C. Just grateful I'm not a Charger fan
5%
C. It was a win just because of the Wilson trade - F*ck that guy!
19%

Total votes: 21

Donn Beach

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v 9ers v 2022

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:32 am

auroraave wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:00 am
D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:29 pm
douche wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:11 pm
From CBS sports...

Adams (knee) remains without a timeline for full health, according to head coach Pete Carroll, but he is starting to move and do work on a treadmill.

Adams suffered a torn quadriceps tendon in his right knee Week 1, which required surgery and forced him out for the entire season. It's still unclear when he'll be able to participate in full for any offseason activities, but the 27-year-old is expected to be ready for the start of the 2023 season.

Yikes.
Guessing he won't be able to practice or play at all in camp and preseason even if he is ready for game one..
Well since they don't practice or play preseason anymore he'll be up to speed with everyone else. :lol:
And if he isn't able to attend off season practice that opens the door to releasing him

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:44 am

No idea how likely any of this is
That means things are likely to progress down one of two paths. Either Adams will recover to a point where he is able to pass a physical and participate in the offseason program that begins next April, or the Hawks will move on, releasing him with a failed physical designation. The failed physical designation would not impact the $2.56M of guaranteed salary for Adams in 2023, however, under Article 45 of the 2020 collective bargaining agreement, if he did not sign with another team (for 2023 or 2024), it would qualify him to collect $1.025M of Extended Injury Protection Benefit in 2024. It seems unlikely, but if that were to happen, $590k of that $1.025M would count against the salary cap for the Seahawks.

So, putting all the pieces together, releasing Adams after the 2022 season could potentially lead to all of the following:

$21.33M of dead money recognized in 2023, or potentially spread over 2023 and 2024
$2.56M of fully guaranteed salary in 2023 and
$1.025M (with $590k going against the cap) potentially in 2024 as Article 45 Extended Injury Protection
Thus, the additional cap costs are certainly not large relative to the signing bonus money that would have to be recognized, but since they could have to be recognized, it’s worth at least discussing.

At the end of the day, however, if Adams is able to recover and get healthy in the coming months it costs the team just $8.44M on a salary cap that is expected to be in the $226M range in 2023 to see what he can do. That means that if he’s healthy and there are not significant changes to the leadership of the Seahawks, there’s a decent chance he’s back on the field for Seattle next year. Even if some fans don’t want to hear that.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fieldg ... -york-jets :twisted:

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:27 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:44 am
No idea how likely any of this is
That means things are likely to progress down one of two paths. Either Adams will recover to a point where he is able to pass a physical and participate in the offseason program that begins next April, or the Hawks will move on, releasing him with a failed physical designation. The failed physical designation would not impact the $2.56M of guaranteed salary for Adams in 2023, however, under Article 45 of the 2020 collective bargaining agreement, if he did not sign with another team (for 2023 or 2024), it would qualify him to collect $1.025M of Extended Injury Protection Benefit in 2024. It seems unlikely, but if that were to happen, $590k of that $1.025M would count against the salary cap for the Seahawks.

So, putting all the pieces together, releasing Adams after the 2022 season could potentially lead to all of the following:

$21.33M of dead money recognized in 2023, or potentially spread over 2023 and 2024
$2.56M of fully guaranteed salary in 2023 and
$1.025M (with $590k going against the cap) potentially in 2024 as Article 45 Extended Injury Protection
Thus, the additional cap costs are certainly not large relative to the signing bonus money that would have to be recognized, but since they could have to be recognized, it’s worth at least discussing.

At the end of the day, however, if Adams is able to recover and get healthy in the coming months it costs the team just $8.44M on a salary cap that is expected to be in the $226M range in 2023 to see what he can do. That means that if he’s healthy and there are not significant changes to the leadership of the Seahawks, there’s a decent chance he’s back on the field for Seattle next year. Even if some fans don’t want to hear that.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fieldg ... -york-jets :twisted:
why in the world would anyone NOT want Adams on the field? Dude is a flat out baller - when healthy he gives Seattle a better chance to win, he's signed, he's on the team, he's a leader, all the lamenting about the trade DOESN'T MATTER - this is where we are. This baffling desire to hate on people who get injured is beyond my comprehension. This is the product the NFL has put together to sell you. Most teams are decimated. Adams makes Seattle better - if he can play. Seattle is not cutting him unless he fails the physical. People should be hoping he comes back and can fulfill his contract. Same with Penny - Seattle is better with him on the field. Yeah, I get the injury argument. At this point, with Penny, I;m betting the odds are against another season ending injury.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:37 pm

Are you referring to this?
Even if some fans don’t want to hear that.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:06 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:37 pm
Are you referring to this?
Even if some fans don’t want to hear that.
Yeah. I don't get it. people can complain about the cost of the trade, I think it's silly to do that because it makes no difference - this is where we are, but you cannot say he doesn't ball out when he plays. he's not perfect, but he is a major asset. And at 8 million - not that expensive (if I am reading that correctly that he'd count 8 mil vs the cap next season). Yeah, i get the injury argument, but if they cut hium, the same people complaining about him will then begin the hand wringing of "worst trade" "how could they cut him when it cost so much!" BS. 100000000000% that is what will happen. I like adams, i think he brings a lot to the table. A lot of band aids and crutches, for sure, but also a lot of football IQ and leadership.
Last edited by auroraave on Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:07 pm

I am certainly not an Adams hater, but curious why you would say people are hating on him? Fans root for their teams, and they want players that are on the field to be the ones their teams pay. No one hates Adams or Penny for that matter. It’s just a lot of money to pay for a player that continually shows they are going miss a lot of football.

We could ask you the same thing, right? Why do you constantly freak out over fans not wanting injured players to eat up salary cap? You are taking something and completely twist it. I imagine there are several fans that don’t want Adams to play out his contract, because they don’t believe he is worth the money that would have to be spent.

I am not sure where I stand on this. All his injuries are soft tissue, right? Seems he is just never going to recover. I loved the player, but hated how we used him in 2021 and fear he will never be right again. The dead money might be better for the team than paying him to simply be hurt again.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:58 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:07 pm
I am certainly not an Adams hater, but curious why you would say people are hating on him? Fans root for their teams, and they want players that are on the field to be the ones their teams pay. No one hates Adams or Penny for that matter. It’s just a lot of money to pay for a player that continually shows they are going miss a lot of football.

We could ask you the same thing, right? Why do you constantly freak out over fans not wanting injured players to eat up salary cap? You are taking something and completely twist it. I imagine there are several fans that don’t want Adams to play out his contract, because they don’t believe he is worth the money that would have to be spent.

I am not sure where I stand on this. All his injuries are soft tissue, right? Seems he is just never going to recover. I loved the player, but hated how we used him in 2021 and fear he will never be right again. The dead money might be better for the team than paying him to simply be hurt again.
All valid points. My response was to the article ending with "Even if some fans don’t want to hear that" meaning Adams is on the roster. Seattle is better when he is on the field. The defense is still in transition, every failure is not on Adams, although some seem to think so, as a convenient way to continue to complain about the cost of the trade, so they can tell us how much JS sucks. Injuries are always a concern, not dismissing that at all, but if he is healthy and ready, he is an asset, and some people want to argue that so they can focus on how much they hate the trade. it is f*cking hollow and tiring and small minded.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:23 pm

auroraave wrote:Seattle is better when he is on the field.
They weren't last year.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:50 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:23 pm
auroraave wrote:Seattle is better when he is on the field.
They weren't last year.
Actually they were….it’s was just that it was only two quarters of football. And I agree AA, if he is healthy he needs to be on the field. I think a lot of the excitement of this staff this off-season about the switch to the 3 - 4 defense? Was with the thought of using Adams as a weapon. I was just saying, after last year and especially the severity of this injury? I do understand why some fans want to move on.

Again, me? I am on the fence. I have been was his his biggest supporters in here. But this new injury has me worried.

douche

Post by douche » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:07 pm

Injuries happen, but at what point does a player lose a step or two? Adams was a baller, eventually we'll find out if he still is.

This looks ugly.

rupture.png
rupture.png (249.7 KiB) Viewed 299 times
Screenshot 2023-01-17 140452.png
Screenshot 2023-01-17 140452.png (183.05 KiB) Viewed 299 times