Who do the Mocks have us taking at #5 right now

SeattleAddict

Re: Who do the Mocks have us taking at #5 right now

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:42 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:24 pm
Here is the full article. This guy loves Wilson too. A lot of people do. And Drew Sanders looks like a good option. I also like Gonzales for CB if he promises to disavow who he played for in college.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1730628/ ... -seahawks/
good insights on all those guys - Drew Sanders is SUPER interesting.... used to be an edge, moved to ILB? That's a skillset that you could do things with.

I don't get the Wilson hype. He's good - I think mid-first round good - but at #5?? That feels like a real reach based more on how a guy looks than what he's done on the field. He really seems like a Taylor kind of guy, one that will flash some great plays then disappear for weeks. I don't want a "good" player that will split reps at #5, I want to see a perennial all-pro.

I also can't get past how the article called Bresee "Breece" like 4 or 5 times. Probably just the article writer being lazy or ignorant. I miss the days of quality journalism.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:14 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:42 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:24 pm
Here is the full article. This guy loves Wilson too. A lot of people do. And Drew Sanders looks like a good option. I also like Gonzales for CB if he promises to disavow who he played for in college.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1730628/ ... -seahawks/
good insights on all those guys - Drew Sanders is SUPER interesting.... used to be an edge, moved to ILB? That's a skillset that you could do things with.

I don't get the Wilson hype. He's good - I think mid-first round good - but at #5?? That feels like a real reach based more on how a guy looks than what he's done on the field. He really seems like a Taylor kind of guy, one that will flash some great plays then disappear for weeks. I don't want a "good" player that will split reps at #5, I want to see a perennial all-pro.

I also can't get past how the article called Bresee "Breece" like 4 or 5 times. Probably just the article writer being lazy or ignorant. I miss the days of quality journalism.
Ha! I saw that and thought that is first time I have seen that name. I was right! LOL
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:35 pm

dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:39 pm

Aw, the Senior Bowl. LJ Collier's time to shine. I bet that if we had things like Twitter and internet reporting back then, we'd have read about Lamar King having a fantastic Senior Bowl week. Too bad that stuff wasn't reported then, because maybe someone would have wasted a pick on him before Holmgren could.

I am not actually comparing this Center to King or Collier, but after LJ? Anytime I have to read about a kid having a good week at the Senior Bowl I develop and eye twitch for hours.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:08 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:39 pm
Aw, the Senior Bowl. LJ Collier's time to shine. I bet that if we had things like Twitter and internet reporting back then, we'd have read about Lamar King having a fantastic Senior Bowl week. Too bad that stuff wasn't reported then, because maybe someone would have wasted a pick on him before Holmgren could.

I am not actually comparing this Center to King or Collier, but after LJ? Anytime I have to read about a kid having a good week at the Senior Bowl I develop and eye twitch for hours.
In this case, he was the #1 center before the Senior Bowl. I didn't watch it, so can't say what he did, but it seems he just lived up to his hype, rather than creating new hype.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:33 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:08 am
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:39 pm

In this case, he was the #1 center before the Senior Bowl. I didn't watch it, so can't say what he did, but it seems he just lived up to his hype, rather than creating new hype.
Is the Senior Bowl on TV?
How to watch the 2023 Senior Bowl. This year's game is on the NFL Network at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, Feb. 4.18 hours ago
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:54 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:35 pm
Believe I had him in one of my 3 mocks.

I also see Tyree Wilson getting mocked to us a lot. I'm gonna be sorta sad if it's not Anderson or Carter. Pray other teams take QB's.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:05 pm

Seems everyone loves Wilson but Seattle Addict. :)
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:44 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:05 pm
Count me in that group as well. I'm not a fan of Wilson either.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:46 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:05 pm
I'm not saying he isn't a good player. He is. If he ends up a Seahawk, great... but he is not worth a top 5 pick. I will die on that hill until proven otherwise. He is a mid-first rounder, probably a decent starter, but top 5?? No.

We have two recent second round picks at edge already, with Nwosu on the other side. So why do we need another?? The only edge that makes sense is a guy that could be a 15+ sack guy, like Anderson (10 sacks this year, 17.5 last), not yet another 6-8 sack guy (Wilson 7 sacks this year and last) to share time with Taylor and Mafe.

It just doesn't make sense.