Cuts that might affect Seahawks

SeattleAddict

Cuts that might affect Seahawks

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:11 pm

Two 2022 starting QBs cut today: Mariota and Wentz
One starting RB cut: Fournette
Rumors that Tannehill may be released, too.

Now I'm not saying the Seahawks sign any of these guys to be starters (I'd take Tannehill if it came down to it), but they increase the talent pool for teams looking for guys, possibly creating draft openings or extra teams with draft needs. They were all mentioned in rumors for Seattle last year, too, and would you pick one up as a backup/contingency plan??

Michael K.

Re: Cuts that might affect Seahawks

Post by Michael K. » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:41 pm

I just read the rumor about Leonard Fournette. Not sure I want him, he has been rather injury prone, but compared to Penny he's an iron man.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:52 am

Shaquille Griffin about to be cut. Doesn't affect us much, but Seahawks related.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:29 pm

Eric Kendricks released - would immediately be an upgrade at MLB.

Allen Robinson also asked for a trade from the Rams.

Mexican_hawk

Post by Mexican_hawk » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:53 pm

Algo Seahawks related,

Frank Clark soon to be released. What do you think guys about bring him back? Due to the SB won in KC I dont think he is goong to be cheap.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:07 pm

We need backers!!

If Geno's first year number is 25-30 we will roughly have 15-17 Million in cap. So, it will be dumpster diving for fortifications to the defense. Because there has to be 7-10 million allocated for draft picks I believe.

The Cap goes to 42.1 million left if these cuts happen and before Geno's deal: Shelby, Jackson, Mone, Hunt.

Jefferson cut would save 4.48 Million too.

So, lots to do with only 2-5 million dollars after Geno, draft picks, and 4 cuts. I know there can be some restructures. But, the Geno deal still hamstrings our dline. So, the draft has to be grand slam pics or it will be a tough year.

The little amount of cap we have and the massive amounts of draft picks has to get for sure:

1 Starting D tackle
2 starting Line Backers
1 Starting Center
1 starting Safety (Adams will get hurt, had to say it) and Neal is a RFA.

So, this thread list will be huge. John will have to sign low cost free agents. No other way with a large cap hit for Geno and a lot of draft picks sucking up all cap space we have.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:08 pm

Oh, if Adams is cut it is a cap savings of 11 million. He is making 18.1 million and dead money is 7.1

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:10 pm

Wil Dissly contract is a horrid one too. Bad deal for an not highly productive often injured TE. 9.1 million salary. 12 million in dead money. Man, horrid contract.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:14 pm

Gametime wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:08 pm
Oh, if Adams is cut it is a cap savings of 11 million. He is making 18.1 million and dead money is 7.1
I think Adam's dead cap is $23.9M and his cap is $18.1M. If they released him the cap space would go the wrong way.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:30 pm

Gametime wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:07 pm
We need backers!!

If Geno's first year number is 25-30 we will roughly have 15-17 Million in cap. So, it will be dumpster diving for fortifications to the defense. Because there has to be 7-10 million allocated for draft picks I believe.

The Cap goes to 42.1 million left if these cuts happen and before Geno's deal: Shelby, Jackson, Mone, Hunt.

Jefferson cut would save 4.48 Million too.

So, lots to do with only 2-5 million dollars after Geno, draft picks, and 4 cuts. I know there can be some restructures. But, the Geno deal still hamstrings our dline. So, the draft has to be grand slam pics or it will be a tough year.

The little amount of cap we have and the massive amounts of draft picks has to get for sure:

1 Starting D tackle
2 starting Line Backers
1 Starting Center
1 starting Safety (Adams will get hurt, had to say it) and Neal is a RFA.

So, this thread list will be huge. John will have to sign low cost free agents. No other way with a large cap hit for Geno and a lot of draft picks sucking up all cap space we have.
They just signed Hunt.

Gabe Jackson and Quinton Jefferson look like prime targets to me.