Breaking Geno signs 3 years $105M

D-train

Re: Breaking Geno signs 3 years $105M

Post by D-train » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:37 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:12 pm
Smith is human, just like the rest of us. He'll make mistakes.

I think the thing I like most about him is that he wants to win.

The last guy who was here wasn't so focused on winning as he was on building his brand.

We'll see if the money changes Geno's approach.
Yes, Definitely like him more than RW and it was only one bad night. Hopefully it was an out of body experience that will never happen again.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:03 pm

I guess Carroll doesn't put as much value on taking care of the football as he used to. 31 turnover-worthy plays last year.

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:27 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:03 pm
I guess Carroll doesn't put as much value on taking care of the football as he used to. 31 turnover-worthy plays last year.
You are obviously not sold. I get it.
I think the real version of his contract vs. yesterday's agent version, is actually team friendly. I think the reality is the Seahawks
re-hired the transition guy and are continuing to give Geno opportunity to over achieve, if he can.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:21 am

trharder wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:26 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:15 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:07 pm
$25mil/year, 3 years, 40 guaranteed is exactly what I predicted.
If Geno get $52 million this calendar year, we might have won the SB.
Well, he will get $40M of the $52M just from signing his contract along. Plus any non-guaranteed salary and incentives. Only $28M will count against the cap.

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:48 am

Cascade Kid wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:21 am
Well, he will get $40M of the $52M just from signing his contract along. Plus any non-guaranteed salary and incentives. Only $28M will count against the cap.
At 40 million guaranteed, the Seahawks could turn this into a one year contract if need be.
This would not have been possible if there were any other teams seriously in love with Geno.
On the other hand, Geno is probably pretty happy anyway.
Mike Salk was saying there's no way he sees Geno as the QB 4 years from now. That's probably true, but if he was, we would
have done some serious winning. go Geno.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:15 am

trharder wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:48 am

This would not have been possible if there were any other teams seriously in love with Geno.
this is just plain false. No other teams could legally even contact Geno until today.

It was possible because Geno wanted to stay a Seahawk, and didn't try to screw them. He bet on himself with this contract, and that should be celebrated instead of questioned. Love him or hate him, he could've played hard ball and didn't - he signed a very team-friendly deal with no drama.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:20 am

He would have been the number one QB available, he probably would have gotten a little attention

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:41 pm

So, now it's not even about actual turnovers? 4400 yards, 30 td's, 11 picks, Pro Bowl, leads league in competion %, drags a team no one expected to go anywhere to the playoffs, had the team in first place at one point in the season - and this is your response? You hate this guy so much that you are literally condemning him for "turnover worthy" plays? How many did mahomes have? Ignoring all the accomplishments because "what might have happened". That is insane. "Turnover-worthy" plays is the new metric to discredit someone. :lol: Here is an honest question for you - you seem to hate every thing this team does - have you ever liked anything they've done? I think it's a fair question - all you do is complain - has anything ever been good enough for you? Geno had plenty of mistakes - as all humans do - but "31 turnover-worthy plays?" Seriously? :roll:

Hard for me to believe someone would write that after the season Seattle just had. Complaining after the team shocked the whole league and made the playoffs when the back up took over for the franchise and exceeded ALL expectations. Just... wow.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:06 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:41 pm
So, now it's not even about actual turnovers? 4400 yards, 30 td's, 11 picks, Pro Bowl, leads league in competion %, drags a team no one expected to go anywhere to the playoffs, had the team in first place at one point in the season - and this is your response? You hate this guy so much that you are literally condemning him for "turnover worthy" plays? How many did mahomes have? Ignoring all the accomplishments because "what might have happened". That is insane. "Turnover-worthy" plays is the new metric to discredit someone. :lol: Here is an honest question for you - you seem to hate every thing this team does - have you ever liked anything they've done? I think it's a fair question - all you do is complain - has anything ever been good enough for you? Geno had plenty of mistakes - as all humans do - but "31 turnover-worthy plays?" Seriously? :roll:

Hard for me to believe someone would write that after the season Seattle just had. Complaining after the team shocked the whole league and made the playoffs when the back up took over for the franchise and exceeded ALL expectations. Just... wow.
We love SH here but he tends to be on the pessimistic side. I have joked that if he ever wins Powerball he will complain that he has to Drive too far to pick up his winnings. lol
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:37 pm

Smith was #2 in the league in plays that were likely to result in turnovers. Spin that anyway you want, it's not a good thing.