College Pro Day

Cascade Kid

College Pro Day

Post by Cascade Kid » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:03 pm

College Pro Day begins today. The schedule link is below.

Cascade Kid

Re: College Pro Day

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:10 pm

Jalen Carter's Pro Day is today.

Jim Nagy Tweet
SOURCE: Georgia DT Jalen Carter will only do position drills at today’s pro-day. No 40 or other testing. Carter weighed in at 323 pounds, up 9 lbs from Combine.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:06 pm

man, now reports are that he didn't do anything but drills, and gassed and cramped up so couldn't even complete them. Gaining 9 lbs in 2 weeks is ridiculous.

I've been all in on Carter since halfway thru last season and now I'm exiting the train. This guy clearly doesn't want to put in the work. Holy shit. If they take him anyway, I'll still be hyped because I think he can be good for a couple years, but he's gonna flame out quickly if he doesn't get his act together.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:47 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:06 pm
man, now reports are that he didn't do anything but drills, and gassed and cramped up so couldn't even complete them. Gaining 9 lbs in 2 weeks is ridiculous.

I've been all in on Carter since halfway thru last season and now I'm exiting the train. This guy clearly doesn't want to put in the work. Holy shit. If they take him anyway, I'll still be hyped because I think he can be good for a couple years, but he's gonna flame out quickly if he doesn't get his act together.
I'd be willing to pick him at 20.....but I am pretty sure we won't be using that pick

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:20 pm

Red Flags all over that guy. I honestly hope we don't take him, but if we do I sure hope the staff can get through to him.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:13 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:06 pm

THANK YOU!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/84SnreDL8k4

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:49 pm

His red flags are SCREAMING right now. reminds me of another DT that flamed out completely, but at least he was smart enough to get paid first. still pains my buddy born at Bethesda when i mention the name Albert Haynesworth.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:01 am

9 pounds overweight and out of shape for the drills. #5? His last game was two months ago. I'd really have to pack it on and play video games all day to get THAT out of shape and add on even 5 pounds! Nope, pass.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:15 am

ddraig wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:01 am
9 pounds overweight and out of shape for the drills. #5? His last game was two months ago. I'd really have to pack it on and play video games all day to get THAT out of shape and add on even 5 pounds! Nope, pass.
not just 9 lbs overweight - 9 new fat pounds in what, 2 weeks?? When you KNOW you have the $30 million job interview of your life that could help alleviate some of the concerns your behavior has raised??? Every other prospect is out there working their asses off trying to improve their draft stock and he's out there eating cheetos and laying around. What in the actual hell? I'm 50+ and 30 lbs over competition weight and if I had something that life-changing coming up, I'd be able to get into shape enough to run those drills. I'm dumbfounded. Never seen anybody just throw away such a promising career so quickly.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:43 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:15 am
ddraig wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:01 am
not just 9 lbs overweight - 9 new fat pounds in what, 2 weeks?? When you KNOW you have the $30 million job interview of your life that could help alleviate some of the concerns your behavior has raised??? Every other prospect is out there working their asses off trying to improve their draft stock and he's out there eating cheetos and laying around. What in the actual hell? I'm 50+ and 30 lbs over competition weight and if I had something that life-changing coming up, I'd be able to get into shape enough to run those drills. I'm dumbfounded. Never seen anybody just throw away such a promising career so quickly.
That's what I was saying about hands on hips during the Ohio St. game. This kid has a chance to earn a once in a lifetime contract. It's Malik McDowell 2.0!! Which I why I said the writing was on the wall when they addressed DT so heavily in free agency. They knew before we did. So now we can all thankfully move on.