College Pro Day

maoling

Re: College Pro Day

Post by maoling » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:14 am

Yeah, he is starting to look like too big a risk in the first round. But I imagine the Hawks are digging more deeply into his character and makeup than the recent dings on his resume.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:27 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:43 am

That's what I was saying about hands on hips during the Ohio St. game. This kid has a chance to earn a once in a lifetime contract.
Gassing against Ohio State was just a "hmm that's something to watch" moment for me, whereas a lot of people, like you, kinda wrote him off because of it. I thought there could have been any number of reasons, or even been blown out of proportion... But how TF do you gas out at your own pro day??? When you didn't even do any freaking drills? That is mind-blowing.

I feel like he Darth Vader-ed me. YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:37 am

Better hope to God Pete & John are at Will Anderson's Pro Day in full force.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:02 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:27 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:43 am

That's what I was saying about hands on hips during the Ohio St. game. This kid has a chance to earn a once in a lifetime contract.
Gassing against Ohio State was just a "hmm that's something to watch" moment for me, whereas a lot of people, like you, kinda wrote him off because of it. I thought there could have been any number of reasons, or even been blown out of proportion... But how TF do you gas out at your own pro day??? When you didn't even do any freaking drills? That is mind-blowing.

I feel like he Darth Vader-ed me. YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!
I still think the signs were there. This was his draft year. There had been talk about his lack of enthusiasm and workouts and then you see the Ohio St. game with you're own eyes. So it wasn't JUST the game. His lack of character was already well known around the league. And then for me, Pete and John going hard after DT in free agency was the nail in the coffin. His Pro Day was so predictable frankly, had he tested well, then I WOULD'VE been surprised!

And the Vader reference is a good analogy :lol: That's why I try not to fall in love with any ONE player in a draft anymore. I got tired of getting my heart broken. I think less than Will Anderson and any 4 QB's and I will be extremely disappointed. I'm confident enough that we'll get at least one of those.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:52 pm

I heard about his workout issues too prior to the Ohio St game. The noise wasn't very loud on him after Tood McShay got criticized for echoing concerns about his character back in December.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:36 pm

Justifiably as near as I can tell, what he brought up was being a locker room cancer which I thought got shot down pretty soundly. You know he was paying for the lunches of Georgia's walk-on

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:50 pm

Once again, the media narrative is not correct about what really happened. Carter did NOT drive away and leave his friends, as a matter of fact he did the opposite. He had no drugs or alcohol in his system. I think a 20yr old deserves a pass on messing up his pro day, because of the guilt he is feeling because of this.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ing-racing

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:05 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:50 pm
Once again, the media narrative is not correct about what really happened. Carter did NOT drive away and leave his friends, as a matter of fact he did the opposite. He had no drugs or alcohol in his system. I think a 20yr old deserves a pass on messing up his pro day, because of the guilt he is feeling because of this.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ing-racing
the only problem is multiple people said he DID leave the scene, and the only person saying he didn't is his attorney... AFTER the sentencing that said he can't be brought up on more charges, so he is free to say whatever the hell he wants.

Plus (so I guess the first part wasn't the 'only' problem), is that his statement was that he was confident that he would be proclaimed innocent, and pleaded no contest - which is basically guilty.

If his poor performance was the result of feeling guilt, then why wouldn't he and his team of attorneys and agents and whoever SAY that he was mourning and try to spin him as a good human being??? They're not even smart enough to make a PR move.

I'm sorry, I can excuse the racing/speeding thing if it was a one-off, but saying he deserves a pass on being lazy and out of shape?? No. Not when we're talking about a high draft pick. He'll still be an NFL player - he deserves that opportunity- but no longer deserves the money, guarantees, or prestige of a first round pick, IMO.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:05 pm

If he was there the entire time why did he keep changing his story about where he was? Why did the police need videos to establish more than one car was involved
. The AJC is reporting Carter left the scene before police or emergency medical workers arrived and returned an hour and a half later. The newspaper reviewed documents that showed a “shifting” account of where he was. The accident was originally reported as a single-car crash, but these latest developments point to street racing. The police obtained footage from city-owned surveillance cameras and “from at least one business owner”, but have not yet released the videos.
At first, Jalen Carter told the police he was nearly a mile away when a University of Georgia teammate and a football staff member died in a car crash.

Later, Carter said he had been following the car when it wrecked, close enough to see its taillights.

And, at one point, he acknowledged he was alongside the other car, whose speedometer stuck on impact at 83 mph — double the speed limit

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:04 pm

Do the Panther's think anyone is buying this move :lol:

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-send- ... 8839.html
The Panthers send a massive contingent to Kentucky’s pro day
I hear they are taking him out for dinner too.

Carolina masking their #1 pick is like throwing a beach towel of an elephant and playing a game of "guess what's under the beach towel"