Make your first two rounds of Hawks picks here

57reasons

Re: Make your first two rounds of Hawks picks here

Post by 57reasons » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:06 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:41 pm
The way we finished last year, IMO, getting dominated by the NFC South and physically dwarfed twice by the 49ers took some shine off what was obviously a better year than I anticipated. Punting the first round this year doesn't wet my appetite. I know I know, QB is important. But I am not willing to lose #20 for a guy that I am not positive is the answer, and not sure I am willing to lose two 1sts in one draft even if its Stroud.
but you're thinking your title chances are better with Geno at the helm taking $30M of the cap vs. Stroud on a rookie deal with cap space to add pieces? i just dont think we're that close that the players at 5 and 20 put us over the top, and i'd rather the 5 spot be used on either a QB or serious draft capital next year for one.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:54 pm

57reasons wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:06 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:41 pm
The way we finished last year, IMO, getting dominated by the NFC South and physically dwarfed twice by the 49ers took some shine off what was obviously a better year than I anticipated. Punting the first round this year doesn't wet my appetite. I know I know, QB is important. But I am not willing to lose #20 for a guy that I am not positive is the answer, and not sure I am willing to lose two 1sts in one draft even if its Stroud.
but you're thinking your title chances are better with Geno at the helm taking $30M of the cap vs. Stroud on a rookie deal with cap space to add pieces? i just dont think we're that close that the players at 5 and 20 put us over the top, and i'd rather the 5 spot be used on either a QB or serious draft capital next year for one.
I think Geno is starting next year as well. I think Geno played well enough last year with more pieces around him we win more games. Losing two first round picks doesn't add pieces around him. I don't like this thought that adding one of those two QBs makes us an immediate Super Bowl contender, and don't really like the thought that it is Super Bowl or bust right now. I like Stroud, but is he even Trevor Lawrence? Not sure, and Lawrence looks pretty good now, but it took some time. If we draft a QB now, how many other pieces are we going to need by the time he not only gets on the field, but is good? Lawrence was can't miss, and he has missed a lot over the last two years.

We spent YEARS bitching about only having mid first round picks. Talking about the Niners and other teams that stunk, used top 5 picks to get better, used it as the reason we no longer win the Division. Then? We not only get a Top 5 pick, but another one at 20, and we want to package them both for a guy that won't even be on the field until next year at the soonest, and even then will probably be mediocre? Kyler Murray was the first over all pick. remind me how many rings the Cardinals have? Shit, let's talk first about winning a fucking playoff game.

Nothing says packaging two first round picks for a QB means Super Bowls, or even playoffs. Lots of teams have taken QBs and it's blown up. Shit, the Bills are the one team I can think of besides the Chiefs that have really made it work. And the Bills were SCOFFED at when they did it. Every year we talk about potential playoff teams. Someone tell me how many off seasons we don't look at teams lead by a guy that has been in the league for several years as a contender? Then, tell me how many of those teams that don't have Burrow, Allen or Mahomes have QBs drafted recently? The new hot NFC team is the Lions. That means Jarod Goff is replacing Aaron Rodgers as the new it guy in the NFC North. Yep, couple of spring chickens right? The stud young guy? Fields? I see most place projecting the Bears to win five or six games.

Herbert was sad as fuck last year. Murray was worse, Lawrence had some games were he looked lost, Fields can only run...the list goes on. Shit, throw in Mayfield. How many of these early round draft picks are kicking ass?

2021 Draft
#1 Lawrence
#2 Zach Wilson
#3 Lance
#11 Fields

Lawrence is pretty good, the next two are ass and Fields is a RB.

2020 Draft
#1 Burrow
#5 Tua
#6 Herbert

Good class, but Herbert is not the answer. Just stop it already. He was a mental midget as soon as he lost a WR or two. Tua is done.

2019 Draft
#1 K. Murray
#6 D. Jones

LOL, really?

2018 Draft
#1 Mayfield
#3 Darnald
#7 Allen
#10 Rosen

The guy that played at a tiny school and had the WORST college resume (Anthony Richardson anyone?) is the only one that isn't dogshit.

2017 Draft
#2 Trubisky

LOL

2016 Draft
#1 Goff
#2 Wentz

Double LOL.

2015 Draft
#1 Jameis Winston
#2 Mariota

Holy shit, DOGSHIT

2014 Draft
#3 Bortles

Really?

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:04 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:38 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:03 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:43 pm
Indy won't trade down with Sea, they are going QB.

Arz might not, and they will probably go defense or trade to LV or CAR

Texans could go Anderson or I hear they are very high on Young.

That leaves only potentially the Bears if they want to trade up.

"Jason LaConfora on rumors of Seattle trading up to #1"
http://seahawksdraftblog.com/are-the-se ... ng-up-to-1
What could be interesting is a 3-way deal sending the #1 pick to Houston, #2 to Seattle, and #5 to the Bears

Bears get:
#5 (Seahawks), #20 (Seahawks), #33 (Texans), #123 (Seahawks) ...and still very likely have a shot at drafting Anderson or Carter

Texans get:
#1 (Bears), #103 (Bears)

Seahawks get:
#2 (Texans)

The Seahawks would still retain both of its 2nd round picks in this hypotheticial deal
Yikes. So, draft a QB that we assume won't play next year and give up another first round pick. So, instead of having potentially two impact players to help next year's team get better, we wait for the second round to receive help for a team that went 9-8 and got pushed around in the first round of the playoffs? Pete doesn't believe in rebuilds, so I have a hard time thinking this is even remotely possible.
I'd like to point out that in this thread you took Levis at #5 and Trenton Simpson at #20. That's a lot of risk taking Levis at #5 and Trenton Simpson might be ok but he's more of a blitz scheme LB.

But let's play hypothetical once more. In this scenario the Seahawks already had the #2 pick, no other 1st rd picks, and no 4th rounder, however the Hawks have two 2nd round picks.

The Bears and Texan's are willing to be a trade partner and the Seahawks are offered the #5 pick, #20 pick, and #123 pick for the #2 overall pick. Now keep in mind, the Texans are rumored to be very bullish on taking Bryce Young. This would likely leave CJ Stroud, Jalen Carter, Will Anderson, Anthony Richardson, and Levis on the table at #2. The Bears would likely be targeting either Anderson or Carter and AZ the other of the two. The Colts likely a QB as well.

So do you walk away from the #2 pick overall and move down three slots to #5 and risk losing a possible franchise changing pick to add a late 1st round pick and a middle 4th round pick when you already have two 2rd picks? ...And yes, Geno was just signed to his current deal which is escapable. How would this be sound?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:20 am

For thr record, as I said in that post, I was doing a Seahawk draft. That is NOT what I would do.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:29 pm

So much has changed since DT posted this thread. Seattle has filled in several holes that might change your two round pick. Here's a link to an updated PFF mock projection with Carolina at #1 overall. https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl ... richardson

-
draft value.JPG
draft value.JPG (212.49 KiB) Viewed 254 times

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:20 am

Wilson to the Hawks, Carter to the Bears

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:32 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:20 am
Wilson to the Hawks, Carter to the Bears
I would definitely hope they would take Gonzales over Wilson....
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:52 am

Wilson seems to get mocked fairly consistently to the Hawks, got those physical characteristics
Zierlein goes on to say

“Seattle is hoping to build a fearsome front, and it starts with the pass rush. Wilson is a long-limbed, athletic edge rusher, which is exactly what GM John Schneider covets.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:58 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:52 am
Wilson seems to get mocked fairly consistently to the Hawks, got those physical characteristics
Zierlein goes on to say

“Seattle is hoping to build a fearsome front, and it starts with the pass rush. Wilson is a long-limbed, athletic edge rusher, which is exactly what GM John Schneider covets.”
Yeah but keep hearing he isn't a top 5 but more like a top 8-10 so would be a good pick after we trade down.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:01 pm

btw what do you think the odds are of us trading down? 50/50? Trying to come up with a points allocation for the contest. If it 50/50 then I would just say you get like 3 points for guessing yes or no on a trade down but if 20/80 then I will give 1 point for guessing we stay and 4 points for saying we trade down.
dt