Post by Cascade Kid » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:14 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:37 am
Cascade Kid wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:19 am
D-train wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:56 am

Blatant Rule violation on Richardson DQd

You could have traded down 10 spots on Kancey and got another pick worth 230 points which is a 3rd rounder. Opportunity lost. GMs get fired for less.

Blatant rule violation on Schmitz he was already gone at 47.

Might want to start over. lol
Ha! I didn't even see your link butted up against the top of the trade value table.

#5 Will Levis

Trade back from #20 to #27. The Bills gets #20. The Hawks get #27 and #130 and draft Calijah Kancey. The Packers get Hawks' #52 and #91 via Bills. Seahawks move up to #45.

#37 Trenton Simpson

#45 John Michael Schmitz
Nice!!!
Honestly, I wouldn't draft Trenton Simpson. He's kind of the popular athletic LB pick. I have a suspicion that he ends up playing like Aaron Curry on the NFL level. He looks great when his number is called to go make a play in the backfield. But if he has to make a read and a play he does a lot of dancing around and looks uncertain on diagnosing plays. I like Capt. Jack and Daiyan Henley better in how they play the ILB/MLB position.

SeattleAddict

Re: Make your first two rounds of Hawks picks here

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:53 am

Cascade Kid wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:14 am

Honestly, I wouldn't draft Trenton Simpson. He's kind of the popular athletic LB pick. I have a suspicion that he ends up playing like Aaron Curry on the NFL level. He looks great when his number is called to go make a play in the backfield. But if he has to make a read and a play he does a lot of dancing around and looks uncertain on diagnosing plays. I like Capt. Jack and Daiyan Henley better in how they play the ILB/MLB position.

What you say about Simpson has truth to it, but they had him playing inside, where his natural position was outside, and I think that's what you saw there in his indecision. He's an elite athlete, though (all NFL players are, but he's elite elite), and he'll eventually be a stud - just depends on how quickly he learns the position. A lot like 'Riq the Freak, no? Imagine if Bobby came back to mentor him. Just sayin'

Anyway, he's projected 2nd round or so, where Aaron Curry was supposed to be the next Dick Butkus and then got scared on the field. Simpson is the son of an Army Ranger so I doubt he gets scared.

Edit: it hit me "Capt Jack" must mean Jack Campbell. I am 100% in on him, and feel like he MIGHT drop a bit because he looks like a slow white guy. Not as excited about the Coug, though.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:09 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:53 am
Cascade Kid wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:14 am

What you say about Simpson has truth to it, but they had him playing inside, where his natural position was outside, and I think that's what you saw there in his indecision. He's an elite athlete, though (all NFL players are, but he's elite elite), and he'll eventually be a stud - just depends on how quickly he learns the position. A lot like 'Riq the Freak, no? Imagine if Bobby came back to mentor him. Just sayin'

Anyway, he's projected 2nd round or so, where Aaron Curry was supposed to be the next Dick Butkus and then got scared on the field. Simpson is the son of an Army Ranger so I doubt he gets scared.

Edit: it hit me "Capt Jack" must mean Jack Campbell. I am 100% in on him, and feel like he MIGHT drop a bit because he looks like a slow white guy. Not as excited about the Coug, though.
Simpson totally does project to the outside. Just not a good reader in the middle.

Just watch a little more film on Henley. I don't think there's a LB in the country that can diagnose run/pass quicker than he can. Couple the quick reads with his speed might make him perfect as a 3-4 ILB

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:14 am

Cascade Kid wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:09 am

Just watch a little more film on Henley. I don't think there's a LB in the country that can diagnose run/pass quicker than he can. Couple the quick reads with his speed might make him perfect as a 3-4 ILB
watching film on Henley would require watching WSU and that's beyond what I'm willing to do for research. :lol:

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:42 am

#5 (R1) —Wil Anderson Edge Bama//

#20 (R1) —TE MICHAEL MAYER, NOTRE DAME

#38 (R2) — C JOHN MICHAEL-SCHMITZ, MINNESOTA

#53 (R2) — DT ADETOMIWA ADEBAWORE, NORTHWESTERN

WIth those first 3 we grab the best edge, the best TE "baby Gronk", and the best Center.

Add the best the rest of the the way and and I would make sure I add WR, RB, G, LB

That would be a fine start

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:17 pm

I will puke if we draft a TE before the 6th round.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:57 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:17 pm
If it's Michael Mayer I won't

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:56 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:57 pm
D-train wrote:
right? Like Colby Parkinson couldn't be upgraded? Mayer is supposed to be the next Gronk. We have 10 picks, if we snag a stud player or two at positions that aren't huge needs, that's fine with me.

Plus, this is a very deep TE class. There's a very good chance we take one.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:29 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:56 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
D-train wrote:
right? Like Colby Parkinson couldn't be upgraded? Mayer is supposed to be the next Gronk. We have 10 picks, if we snag a stud player or two at positions that aren't huge needs, that's fine with me.

Exactly! The Seahawks drafted very well last year. They didn't draft for need. They took value when it was their on the board regardless of position. Which has to be a factor when rebuilding. Sticking to that philosophy is a must going into this draft. I wouldn't mind grabbing another OL at some point in this draft again either.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:09 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:56 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
D-train wrote:

First thing Pete would do is have him go to a three day seminar on Blocking techniques for Dive plays. lol
dt