QB Anthony Richardson
19%
CB Devon Witherspoon
No votes
Edge/OLB Tyree Wilson
11%
Edge/DE Myles Murphy
No votes
Trade Down (Please feel free to write-in your TD pick)
11%

Total votes: 27

Cascade Kid

Who's Your Pick At #5

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:20 pm

The draft is only six weeks away. This poll will offer 10 top ranked prospects (less OTs) to choose from, but not limited to any of them being available at #5 or not. Because your opinion may change and things could change with the players on this list by draft day, you will be allowed to change your vote at anytime, however, you only get to vote one player. Voting closes on April 26th

Who is your pick at #5?

*Edit*
Please keep in mind that who goes #1 through #5 is completely speculative so it should be assumed any of these players can be available at #5.
Last edited by Cascade Kid on Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D-train

Re: Who's Your Pick At #5

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:40 pm

Shouldn't the poll be titled, who would you pick if the Hawks had the #1 pick?
dt

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:51 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:40 pm
Shouldn't the poll be titled, who would you pick if the Hawks had the #1 pick?
No because who gets picked at #1 or #5 is completely speculative anyway, especially since we are not comparing something like #1 vs. #20 Don't let the "#5" get in the way of your dream :lol:

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:19 pm

the correct answer is "whoever is left". I'm sticking with Jalen Carter. Best player at the biggest position of need. He might be a dumbass, but so was Ndamukong Suh.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:23 pm

CJ Stroud was asked on twitter what his favorite NFL team was. He said Seahawks!! I love Stroud, if he's there I wouldn't mind it... but he won't be.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:48 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:23 pm
CJ Stroud was asked on twitter what his favorite NFL team was. He said Seahawks!! I love Stroud, if he's there I wouldn't mind it... but he won't be.
Totally agree. I think I would rather have him start this season than Geno giving us that cap space back for the D.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:10 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:48 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:23 pm
Totally agree. I think I would rather have him start this season than Geno giving us that cap space back for the D.
ditto for me - i would take Stroud at No. 1, just dont see him lasting and no way we move up that far.

trharder

Post by trharder » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:54 am

Will they actually pick at #5? I think there's at least a 50% chance they trade down.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:23 am

Anthony Richardson is my number 1 choice. But I'd be happy with ANY of the four in this order:

Richardson
Stroud
Levis
Young

If none are on the board then go Anderson. You're a dumbass if you're taking Carter. If you haven't learned from Malik McDowell then shame on you! Do u know what the definition of "Insanity" is? Doing the same thing over and over again expecting to get the same results. Will Anderson is by far the superior option over Jalen "winded hands on hips, knucklehead" Carter! He did all that stupid shit during his draft year?!!! You've got to be kidding me! Look, I want a game wrecking DT as much as the next guy on this forum, but this is NOT a Seahawks type of player.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:43 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:23 am
Anthony Richardson is my number 1 choice. But I'd be happy with ANY of the four in this order:

Richardson
Stroud
Levis
Young

If none are on the board then go Anderson. You're a dumbass if you're taking Carter. If you haven't learned from Malik McDowell then shame on you! Do u know what the definition of "Insanity" is? Doing the same thing over and over again expecting to get the same results. Will Anderson is by far the superior option over Jalen "winded hands on hips, knucklehead" Carter! He did all that stupid shit during his draft year?!!! You've got to be kidding me! Look, I want a game wrecking DT as much as the next guy on this forum, but this is NOT a Seahawks type of player.
For every Malik McDowell I have a Dan McGwire for ya, though. Just because somebody impresses you with their physical skills, they need to be a good player, too. I don't understand the priority of drafting a QB at 5 at all, much less Richardson, who at best will take 3 years to figure out the game. By the time he got good, you'd have missed out on all the rookie-contract-QB benefits.

Drafting a QB at 5 you want him to start. Otherwise, you get a situation like SF or GB where every year you have drama with the veteran.

I am in the 'trade down' camp and load up on 2nd and 3rd rounders... one of which can be your QB of the future.