QB Anthony Richardson
19%
CB Devon Witherspoon
No votes
Edge/OLB Tyree Wilson
11%
Edge/DE Myles Murphy
No votes
Trade Down (Please feel free to write-in your TD pick)
11%

Total votes: 27

Cascade Kid

Re: Who's Your Pick At #5

Post by Cascade Kid » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:32 pm

A little more QB speculation fodder.
According to Albert Breer of SI, the Seahawks sent a “contingent” led by head coach Pete Carroll, general manager John Schneider, offensive coordinator Shane Waldron and quarterbacks coach Greg Olson to meet - "privately'' - with Young.
https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/se ... dson-rumor

douche

Post by douche » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:36 pm

Sounds private :D

douche

Post by douche » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:43 pm
Hendon Hooker!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/stor ... arterbacks
Another RW? From Wikipedia:

"Hooker is a Christian stating that it was a "blessing" to have parents who got him and his siblings to be active in church at an early age. Hooker has said that all his hard work was inspired by his parents, and says his dad’s influence and mentorship while serving in the youth ministry at their church has helped him understand he "can use the game [football] to spread the message of Jesus Christ".

With his knowledge of the Bible and wanting to influence the younger generation and his younger cousin Landon, Hooker and his brother created a children's book called The ABCs of Scripture for Athletes. Hendon’s goal was for the work to be "a positive influence in the lives of kids in his community". The book uses a sports themed alphabet to help kids learn scripture."

He could be a starter by the time he's 28! :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:47 pm

Our Poll winner
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:16 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:47 pm
Our Poll winner
hmmm, 206 seems like a good fit in Seattle!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:18 am

57reasons wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:16 am
D-train wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:47 pm
Our Poll winner
hmmm, 206 seems like a good fit in Seattle!
Boom!!!
dt

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:47 am

Would Arizona be willing to trade with us knowing that's probably who we'll want. They need picks more then anybody. If I'm moving up I'm definitely making that move, & no on the QB.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:28 am

Excellent mock draft at SDB! They have the Falcons trading up to 3 with Arizona to take Anthony Richardson. Las Vegas, Tennessee, and Baltimore all are having Richardson in for a workout.

Seattle gets their much needed Edge in Will Anderson and double dips into the wading pool with a trade down from 20 to 26 with the Giants for an extra 3rd Rd pick and another DL.

If this is how the draft starts, I will be extremely pleased!!

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:40 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:28 am
Excellent mock draft at SDB! They have the Falcons trading up to 3 with Arizona to take Anthony Richardson. Las Vegas, Tennessee, and Baltimore all are having Richardson in for a workout.

Seattle gets their much needed Edge in Will Anderson and double dips into the wading pool with a trade down from 20 to 26 with the Giants for an extra 3rd Rd pick and another DL.

I am all for drafting DL, but they picked two DE/OLBs. Seems a popular theme among mock drafts to have us taking pass rushers, but we just drafted Taylor and Mafe on one side, and signed free agents Nwosu and Jones on the other. Why would we spend two first round picks for rotational pieces when we have nobody to stop the run on the inside?

Anderson is the only guy that is enough of an upgrade to have this make sense to me. We need a couple big 300+ guys in the middle.

What intrigues me most is Baltimore hosting Richardson. That seems like a dark horse destination/trade partner that nobody is talking about. No offense is better matched for Richardson than Baltimore. They tailored it to Jackson, and the skillset is similar. Man, draft day is going to be interesting.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:16 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:40 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:28 am

I am all for drafting DL, but they picked two DE/OLBs. Seems a popular theme among mock drafts to have us taking pass rushers, but we just drafted Taylor and Mafe on one side, and signed free agents Nwosu and Jones on the other. Why would we spend two first round picks for rotational pieces when we have nobody to stop the run on the inside?

Anderson is the only guy that is enough of an upgrade to have this make sense to me. We need a couple big 300+ guys in the middle.

What intrigues me most is Baltimore hosting Richardson. That seems like a dark horse destination/trade partner that nobody is talking about. No offense is better matched for Richardson than Baltimore. They tailored it to Jackson, and the skillset is similar. Man, draft day is going to be interesting.
He's got the Hawks filling the inside in later rounds. You don't necessarily have to grab them in the 1st 2 rounds. There will be other pieces there in the 3rd and 4th.

And yeah I'm starting to think that the Cardinals might trade out of that 3rd spot more and more.