Carolina trades for #1 overall

SeattleAddict

Carolina trades for #1 overall

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:09 pm

amazing this trade happened this early. Also screws up my prediction as I had Carolina trading with us.

Cascade Kid

Re: Carolina trades for #1 overall

Post by Cascade Kid » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:15 pm

I'm sure they're picking CJ Stroud.

Looks like for #9, #61, 2024 1st rounder, and 2025 2nd rounder.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:28 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:15 pm

I was thinking they moved up for Richardson. Because Cam Newton.

They also threw in a WR. This is good for the Seahawks, I think. Chicago was the team most likely to take a defensive player in the top 4. Could see four QBs go and leave us Anderson... please please please

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:34 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:28 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:

I was thinking they moved up for Richardson. Because Cam Newton.

They also threw in a WR. This is good for the Seahawks, I think. Chicago was the team most likely to take a defensive player in the top 4. Could see four QBs go and leave us Anderson... please please please
Did you know that the Texans had the worst run defense in the NFL last season? lol.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:19 am

Cascade Kid wrote:

I knew Carolina was gonna pull something like this. But I didn't expect DJ Moore to be involved in any deal. So Anderson goes to AZ unless they trade their pick to LV or ATL. A trade down for Seattle is beginning to look more imminent. My money is on:

Stroud to Carolina
Young to Houston
Anderson to Arizona
Levis to Indy
Richardson to Seattle

Unless AZ trades down.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:14 am

Makes some sense
. The Bears GM took the best deal on the table and gave his scouting staff a chance to recalibrate with a little more than a month to go before the draft. While the Bears didn’t field as much as the Titans did from the Rams in 2016, the Rams were shooting from a historically low draft spot and, thus, had to add a premium. The biggest sweetener here for Poles is the addition of Moore, a legitimate No. 1 wide receiver, who would potentially field a low first or high second-round pick from a team as is.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:06 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:19 am
Cascade Kid wrote:

I knew Carolina was gonna pull something like this. But I didn't expect DJ Moore to be involved in any deal. So Anderson goes to AZ unless they trade their pick to LV or ATL. A trade down for Seattle is beginning to look more imminent. My money is on:

Stroud to Carolina
Young to Houston
Anderson to Arizona
Levis to Indy
Richardson to Seattle

Unless AZ trades down.
The Bears fleeced Carolina. It sure sucks we lost out on #3 - it would have been SO valuable.

I think I'd flip your first two predictions. Indy wants Young, and I think that's why Carolina had to jump over them. Arizona is a complete mystery, as they need EVERYTHING. I didn't know much about their situation because they're the Cardinals so who cares, so I Googled "Arizona Cardinals draft needs 2023" and what came up is HILARIOUS. They list their free agents, and there are like 30 names, and for team needs they list every position on the field haha.

If your scenario plays out, they will for SURE trade down, probably with the Raiders. You know the Raiders can't resist somebody like Richardson. Hell, we might get their pick AND Maxx Crosby out of them. Maybe they'd throw in Davante Adams, too. I know that trade doesn't make sense, it's just because they're the Raiders.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:28 am

TRADE: Seahawks trade pick 5 to Raiders for picks 7, 70, and a 2024 2nd-round pick

Round 1 pick 7: Tyree Wilson, Edge, Texas Tech
https://12thmanrising.com/2023/03/07/se ... ft-geno/3/

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:35 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:06 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:19 am
Cascade Kid wrote:

Stroud to Carolina
Young to Houston
Anderson to Arizona
Levis to Indy
Richardson to Seattle

Unless AZ trades down.
The Bears fleeced Carolina. It sure sucks we lost out on #3 - it would have been SO valuable.

I think I'd flip your first two predictions. Indy wants Young, and I think that's why Carolina had to jump over them. Arizona is a complete mystery, as they need EVERYTHING. I didn't know much about their situation because they're the Cardinals so who cares, so I Googled "Arizona Cardinals draft needs 2023" and what came up is HILARIOUS. They list their free agents, and there are like 30 names, and for team needs they list every position on the field haha.

If your scenario plays out, they will for SURE trade down, probably with the Raiders. You know the Raiders can't resist somebody like Richardson. Hell, we might get their pick AND Maxx Crosby out of them. Maybe they'd throw in Davante Adams, too. I know that trade doesn't make sense, it's just because they're the Raiders.
The only reason I have Young going to Houston is because I'm hearing that they are super high on him. But the Texans could go with Anderson too. Which most certainly would cause Arizona to trade out of the number 3 hole. But I've heard rumbling that the Cardinals are high on Tyree Wilson. They need pass rushers. With JJ Watt and that other guy being gone, I can easily see them going defense first. So the Seahawks are in good shape if they let the board come to them. The only guys I'm selecting at 5, are any of the QB's or Will Anderson. I'm not high on Wilson or Murphy as they do not fit our scheme. Will Anderson does however to a T.

Geno's contract is basically a 2-year deal and would be a perfect scenario for someone like Anthony Richardson. Same situation as Mahomes and Alex Smith. I think Indy would be all over Young or Levis as they are game ready now. Levis played in the same EXACT offense that Seattle runs at Kentucky, so he's probably very intriguing to us.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:27 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:14 am
Makes some sense
. The Bears GM took the best deal on the table and gave his scouting staff a chance to recalibrate with a little more than a month to go before the draft. While the Bears didn’t field as much as the Titans did from the Rams in 2016, the Rams were shooting from a historically low draft spot and, thus, had to add a premium. The biggest sweetener here for Poles is the addition of Moore, a legitimate No. 1 wide receiver, who would potentially field a low first or high second-round pick from a team as is.
Massive Haul for the Bears....
dt