Post by Donn Beach » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:14 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:58 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pm

Likewise when they select a QB at 5! You're going to freak out. :lol:
I won't freak out, I'll be curious what the plan will be...Actually even funnier is Anderson and Richardson are going to be there and they will choose Tyree Wilson
With their current defense and QB situation, it screams Anderson and 1 of the 4 QB's at 5. Just to throw up random names just for the sake of trying to derail this conversation is like, we might as well take a punter at 5. I trust Schneider and Carroll's process.
Random names? Here is a mock from CBS sports has them taking Wilson at five with Anderson available

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspo ... eapon/amp/
The Seahawks landed stud interior pass-rusher Dre'Mont Jones in free agency and pair him with the long, bendy, athletic edge-rusher Wilson at No. 5 overall

Bil522

Re: Free Agency thread

Post by Bil522 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:11 pm

I think there are two scenarios in play right now. I think the Seahawks are blowing smoke about a QB with #5 and they have a developmental QB (Hooker or McKee) in mind for this year, so they will be building the trenches to help Geno.

Or......JS will be getting some extra draft capital and drafting a QB next year which is supposed to be a better class, but building the entire team this draft.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:44 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:11 pm
I think there are two scenarios in play right now. I think the Seahawks are blowing smoke about a QB with #5 and they have a developmental QB (Hooker or McKee) in mind for this year, so they will be building the trenches to help Geno.

Or......JS will be getting some extra draft capital and drafting a QB next year which is supposed to be a better class, but building the entire team this draft.
Las Vegas, Tennessee, Detroit, and Green Bay are all desperately seeking Hooker.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:08 am

Bil522 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:11 pm
I think the Seahawks are blowing smoke about a QB with #5 and they have a developmental QB (Hooker or McKee)

Yup.

I think if there's a pick, it's Jake Haener, the sleeper QB of the draft. Could be available day 3, freeing up the top 4 picks for defense or OL, and be snuck onto the practice squad, clearing a roster spot as well.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:19 am

Commander trade proposal
This trade with the Seattle Seahawks would certainly give them that chance. In this suggested trade, the Commanders would trade the No. 16 and No. 118 overall picks in the 2023 NFL Draft, along with a 2024 first-round pick, to Seattle in exchange for the No. 5 overall pick.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:42 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:19 am
Commander trade proposal
This trade with the Seattle Seahawks would certainly give them that chance. In this suggested trade, the Commanders would trade the No. 16 and No. 118 overall picks in the 2023 NFL Draft, along with a 2024 first-round pick, to Seattle in exchange for the No. 5 overall pick.
I would consider something along those lines, but insist on another pick next year instead of the 118 this year. Make it their 2024 2nd rounder as well (generally valued the same as a 3rd round this year) and give them back something in exchange to even it out. Point being that if you're trading out of 5 this year then you're stacking the deck again next year for a prize QB in what is another very good class, probably better than this year. And with WA playing in a tough division, that could be like the Denver pick this year.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:13 am

So that seems about right? Aiming for next season could make sense in terms of giving them another season to evaluate Geno and Lock. It would feel disappointing though wouldn't it, trading the fifth pick. Hawk mariner, whatever his name be happy

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:47 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:06 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:58 pm

I won't freak out, I'll be curious what the plan will be...Actually even funnier is Anderson and Richardson are going to be there and they will choose Tyree Wilson
if they don't trade back (which I'm 75% sure they will if their defensive lineman of choice isn't there), I honestly think they'll shock all of us and take a CB or WR.

Also, I WILL freak out if it's Richardson. It'd just be such a ridiculous waste of a #5 pick. If Stroud fell, fuck yeah snatch him up. If it's Levis... meh, maybe I can see the thought process, but the only way Richardson sees the field is as some gimmicky wildcat guy like Taysom Hill (he'd actually be awesome in that role), but that just isn't a Pete Carroll kind of thing.

I'm hedging my bets because I know PC/JS have a plan, and even if I don't understand it, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but QB at 5 just doesn't make sense.
Why?

Lamar Jackson 6'2" 230# had a 57% completion rate in Louisville 4.34 40
Richardson 6'4" 244# 55% Florida career. 4.43 40

I would not mind seeing him as a Gimmick piece the 1st year.

I admit I have no insight into who of these guys are good or not. I liked the UW and WSU QB play this year but I really only watched a few you tube highlight episodes this year. But the stats on Richardson excite me the same way as DKs did. I know Lamar and Kyler (4.38) are the fastest, but after that Richardson would just top Justin Fields 4.45 speed and match or better Josh Allen's 6'5" 237# out of Wyoming where he completed 56% of his passes.

But, if we get Anderson or Carter instead? I can go with that.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:57 am

Carter at five? That's the dilemma for me, seems too high now. I was thinking more like the 20th pick, but now I'm thinking he goes higher than that. I guess if you really want want the guy it shouldn't matter, trying to dial in the proper point, just take him. That's going to be the most interesting aspect isn't it, where Carter goes?

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:09 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:57 am
Carter at five? That's the dilemma for me, seems too high now. I was thinking more like the 20th pick, but now I'm thinking he goes higher than that. I guess if you really want want the guy it shouldn't matter, trying to dial in the proper point, just take him. That's going to be the most interesting aspect isn't it, where Carter goes?
I was in Vegas the last week. Did I miss something else?