Welcome Drew Lock

Michael K.

Re: Welcome Drew Lock

Post by Michael K. » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:22 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:27 pm

I'd be fine with Will Anderson as well. I like him just as much as Richardson. I just don't see anyone worthy of those 5 in the Top 5. There was a time Carter, but that was mid season.

It's getting close to the point of trade back, but not quite yet.
Definitely something we agree on. I was great with Carter a few weeks ago, but what concerns me more than the issue with his speeding and the accident, is the perception that he isn't a hard worker. No thank you. My buddy keeps saying Warren Sapp. I keep saying Albert Haynsworth.

I'd be intrigued by Richardson at 5. The last mock I did, Will Anderson went 4 so I traded down to 9. Richardson went 8th so I traded down again. Ended up with a decent class this year, three firsts and a second next year. Funny, I am the biggest hater of the trade down, but mostly because of what we used to stock up on. We would trade out of early rounds and load up on mid round picks that turned into Tedrick Thompsen and Mike Tyson! 3 firsts and a 2nd next year, plus Bresee, Simpson, Nolan Smith and Charbonnet in the first two rounds? I liked what I read about my 90th pick Mazi Smith, and I still got interior O Line and RBs later, plus a D Lineman from Alabama. I can take that type of a trade back. But all we ever did was move back to load up on mediocrity.

You are the reason I started following Richardson this year. I just thought he looked like an athlete, not really a QB. His combine was fucking nuts. I mean, Hell yes he's an athlete. Can a guy with those types of skills, "bigger and faster than Derick Henry!", put it all together with a year to learn? Would be interesting to see. But damn, forever we waited for a top 5 pick. To use it on what is basically a project? Scary. And, to do so at a position like QB that we just paid two guys to come back to? Tough one for me.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:52 pm

Drew Lock's contract is $1.75M guaranteed. Minimal cap hit if they decide to move away from him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-sea ... 000%2C000.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:37 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:52 pm
Drew Lock's contract is $1.75M guaranteed. Minimal cap hit if they decide to move away from him.

There is also, from what Brady Henderson described today, a bonus of close to $500,000 for being on the active roster. I think it adds up per game, if I understood correctly, but that might have been built in to make it possible to save a little money if they have someone else be the backup that game? It isn't a part of the $1.75, but might have been part of the way they got him to go down to that number...just be active and you'll get more?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:44 pm

I just don't think it looks right to sign him and cut him. I haven't seen it brought up anywhere but seems to me the hawks have a reputation to maintain. Doing that would screw his chances to get with another team. They have been promoting signing him again in the press for months, how much they love him. FAs would look at that and say, how can I trust what you tell me with how you dealt with Lock

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:47 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:44 pm
I just don't think it looks right to sign him and cut him. I haven't seen it brought up anywhere but seems to me the hawks have a reputation to maintain. Doing that would screw his chances to get with another team. They have been promoting signing him again in the press for months, how much they love him. FAs would look at that and say, how can I trust what you tell me with how you dealt with Lock
I agree, they didn't sign him to cut him. So, the only way they draft a QB at five is if they not only pay a lot of money to carry three QBs, but make one of them inactive every single game. I realize there are plenty of players made inactive every game. I doubt many are healthy scratches that are set to make the kind of money those three would.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:12 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:37 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:52 pm

There is also, from what Brady Henderson described today, a bonus of close to $500,000 for being on the active roster. I think it adds up per game, if I understood correctly, but that might have been built in to make it possible to save a little money if they have someone else be the backup that game? It isn't a part of the $1.75, but might have been part of the way they got him to go down to that number...just be active and you'll get more?
Yup, it's true. Those roster bonuses are pre game and would rollover into next year's cap hit. Certainly something that they will be cognitive of if they do draft any QB.