Re: Welcome Drew Lock

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:42 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:41 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:29 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:27 pm

The last thing I will ever do is bet that the Seahawks WON'T do something stupid on draft day. I am not saying they won't do it, I am saying it would not be a great idea...now. Unless there is something about Lock's contract that makes him easy to be cut. And if so? Why did he sign it and why did we need to sign him? Just in case Richardson isn't there?
I think the pick is going to be a QB and it's a no brainer. I've been banging the war drums on this forum since before the 2022 season started about 2 of the 4 QB's, and teams and scouts agree with me. Who doesn't are a handful of Seahawks fans. Crazy!!!
I agree 100%. I believe that the equity gained from trading Wilson was intended to eventually be spent on his more permanent replacement. And what were they odds they would get a pick at #5? They will draft QB early, and I won't be surprised at all if they offer AZ a 2nd round pick and #5 on draft day to move to #3 especially after seeing JS/PC's FA moves in the last two days.

They stepped in a bit of gold with Geno, but he isn't the future.
+1

100%!!!!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:47 pm

Then it doesn't make sense to spend $4 mil on Lock, whoever they take at five should at least be capable of being a backup QB

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:49 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:47 pm
Then it doesn't make sense to spend $4 mil on Lock, whoever they take at five should at least be capable of being a backup QB
Not if they plan on redshirting him like the Chiefs did with Mahomes it isn't. The plan was for Patrick to never see the field his first year. And he was wild and erratic just like Josh Allen was coming out of college. Mahomes came from an air raid offense. Both had a lot of interceptions and question marks coming out of college.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:53 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
All we know is that his deal is $4M. Do we know the dead money on him if released in June?
Last edited by Cascade Kid on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:04 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:49 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Not if they plan on redshirting him like the Chiefs did with Mahomes it isn't. The plan was for Patrick to never see the field his first year. And he was wild and erratic just like Josh Allen was coming out of college. Mahomes came from an air raid offense. Both had a lot of interceptions and question marks coming out of college.
Did the Chiefs carry three qbs?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:06 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
I guess I forgot the part where the Chiefs signed two QBs that off season to play ahead of Mahomes.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:07 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:04 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
Did the Chiefs carry three qbs?
QB Tyler Bray was their 3rd QB.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:12 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
[
I think the pick is going to be a QB and it's a no brainer. I've been banging the war drums on this forum since before the 2022 season started about 2 of the 4 QB's, and teams and scouts agree with me. Who doesn't are a handful of Seahawks fans. Crazy!!!
This, IMO, is the issue. No one is saying you missed the mark. You correctly identified good QBs. I don't think you were the only one. So, if what you are looking for is a pat on the back, here ya go. That said, that doesn't make the #5 pick the Seahawks have right now the right one to use on a QB now. Having him as the backup? Fine, but carrying three QBs? It doesn't make sense. The Seahawks identifying other needs doesn't make you wrong about how many QBs are going early this year. I just think you might be off on them using the 5th pick on one. At least now that they have paid two others.

That is a HUGE piece of draft capital to use on a guy you have no intention to use for a year or maybe even two. He would be locked up for five years, so there's that...but still. As I said before...using the fifth over all pick on a third stringer would be unprecedented. I am not sure that is their plan.
Last edited by Michael K. on Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:13 pm

Guess Bray is 3rd string in Chicago, that's what it would entail. They didn't sign Lock to cut him, so it be three qbs

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:27 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:12 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
[
This, IMO, is the issue. No one is saying you missed the mark. You correctly identified good QBs. I don't think you were the only one. So, if what you are looking for is a pat on the back, here ya go. That said, that doesn't make the #5 pick the Seahawks have right now the right one to use on a QB now. Having him as the backup? Fine, but carrying three QBs? It doesn't make sense. The Seahawks identifying other needs doesn't make you wrong about how many QBs are going early this year. I just think you might be off on them using the 5th pick on one. At least now that they have paid two others.

That is a HUGE piece of draft capital to use on a guy you have no intention to use for a year or maybe even two. He would be locked up for five years, so there's that...but still. As I said before...using the fifth over all pick on a third stringer would be unprecedented. I am not sure that is their plan.
I'd be fine with Will Anderson as well. I like him just as much as Richardson. I just don't see anyone worthy of those 5 in the Top 5. There was a time Carter, but that was mid season.

It's getting close to the point of trade back, but not quite yet.