Welcome Drew Lock

Cascade Kid

Re: Welcome Drew Lock

Post by Cascade Kid » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:26 pm

How rare is it to have 4 QBs go in the first 7 picks, let alone going in the first 5 picks? This draft will be unprecedented if it stays the course it's on.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:27 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:24 pm

I'll put a $100 down it's a QB at 5!!!!

BET ME!!!!!!
The last thing I will ever do is bet that the Seahawks WON'T do something stupid on draft day. I am not saying they won't do it, I am saying it would not be a great idea...now. Unless there is something about Lock's contract that makes him easy to be cut. And if so? Why did he sign it and why did we need to sign him? Just in case Richardson isn't there?

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:29 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:27 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

BET ME!!!!!!
The last thing I will ever do is bet that the Seahawks WON'T do something stupid on draft day. I am not saying they won't do it, I am saying it would not be a great idea...now. Unless there is something about Lock's contract that makes him easy to be cut. And if so? Why did he sign it and why did we need to sign him? Just in case Richardson isn't there?
I think the pick is going to be a QB and it's a no brainer. I've been banging the war drums on this forum since before the 2022 season started about 2 of the 4 QB's, and teams and scouts agree with me. Who doesn't are a handful of Seahawks fans. Crazy!!!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:32 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:20 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:13 pm
You couldn't put him on the practice squad, another team could claim him
Right, so you would have to practice squad Lock, or carry three QBs. Which? Basically means you draft Richardson you just paid Lock to later cut him. Not sure how that effects things right now. Maybe they can easily cut Lock before the season and it won't effect them much. I just think it's an odd philosophy. Let's sign a QB to later cut him, or carry three QBs.
They like Lock, they didn't sign him just to cut him. If they drafted a QB it be about carrying three qbs, it have to be.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:33 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:29 pm

I think the pick is going to be a QB and it's a no brainer. I've been banging the war drums on this forum since before the 2022 season started about 2 of the 4 QB's, and teams and scouts agree with me. Who doesn't are a handful of Seahawks fans. Crazy!!!
Signing two free agent QBs is a funny way of agreeing with you that they have to draft a QB at 5. The way the Smith contract was drawn up? I thought they were going QB at 5. I just don't see the logic is signing two if you plan on drafting one in the Top 5.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:33 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:32 pm

They like Lock, they didn't sign him just to cut him. If they drafted a QB it be about carrying three qbs, it have to be.
Which is exactly why I think they are either trading down from 5 or taking a pass rusher.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:36 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:33 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Signing two free agent QBs is a funny way of agreeing with you that they have to draft a QB at 5. The way the Smith contract was drawn up? I thought they were going QB at 5. I just don't see the logic is signing two if you plan on drafting one in the Top 5.
The plan is to hedge. Just like I called it when we signed both Jones and Reed before Carter's disastrous Pro Day. You CAN carry 3 QB's on the roster. It is possible, we have done it before, it'll probably happen again in the future.

If Schneider believes that Richardson COULD be a franchise guy, then you bring him into camp and compete with all the QB's and groom him. He won't be ready year 1 anyways, we all know this already.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:39 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:

Which is exactly why I think they are either trading down from 5 or taking a pass rusher.
There isn't a Pass rusher to take at 5!!!!!! Carter? NOPE! Wilson? NOPE? Murphy? NOPE! None of those guys fit our system or meet character requirements. That leaves QB or trade down. Murphy and Wilson are designed to run a 4-3. We don't run a 4-3!! They are not good fits, AT ALL!!

Either that or pray that Will Anderson is there at 5!
Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:39 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:

I agree, there should be a QB available at five. I think that basically requires them to trade down. There's value to a team needing a QB. The hawks now have two of them under contract they are happy with. I don't see them needing another

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:41 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:27 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

BET ME!!!!!!
I agree 100%. I believe that the equity gained from trading Wilson was intended to eventually be spent on his more permanent replacement. And what were they odds they would get a pick at #5? They will draft QB early, and I won't be surprised at all if they offer AZ a 2nd round pick and #5 on draft day to move to #3 especially after seeing JS/PC's FA moves in the last two days.

They stepped in a bit of gold with Geno, but he isn't the future.