Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:01 am

hello Jalen Carter.

rockycola

Re: Al Woods released

Post by rockycola » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:53 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:01 am
hello Jalen Carter.
Hello JC, I see that as a sign that Carter may be JS and PC's target. But they'll still probably trade down so expect Bresee, Kancey, Mazi Smith, Siaki Ika or somebody like that if they go the DL route.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:00 am

So Poona Ford is the starting NT as of now, and Joey Hunt is the starting C, or is it that other scrub they signed?

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:08 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:00 am
So Poona Ford is the starting NT as of now, and Joey Hunt is the starting C, or is it that other scrub they signed?
Ford is a FA. Bills are interested in signing him

maoling

Post by maoling » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:09 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:01 am
hello Jalen Carter.
Still hard to tell what they might do at #5, or #20, or anywhere lol, but this is a complete rebuild in the trenches and everywhere on both sides of the ball. Last year, they didn't get tricky and drafted some excellent players just, as Chuck Knox said, "Playing the hand you are dealt."

This year, they've addressed even more critical needs before the draft in FA, pretty rare of them, very aggressive. And in a draft where we can move across the board, I could still see them try to load another pick or two into the first couple rounds with some deal we didn't see coming. These guys are on their pony at VMAC. They were last year also, but there was only so much they could do, after Denver completely shot their wad to get Russ.

Trading Russell has freed this franchise in so many ways and put us back on the map.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:26 am

i get that our rush D sucked, and he's old, but i just didnt see Woods as part of the problem. sure looked to me like he was the immovable object in the middle we need more of, not less. my hope is this is a bet that at his age the market doesnt call and they then try to bring him back for lesser coin - wouldnt be the first time we've seen that.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:38 am

we literally have no NTs right now. Mone's career is probably over, and Woods was the only other guy we had. It's a cost saving move, so maybe they try to bring him back later?

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:42 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:00 am
Sometimes I wonder if you even follow football, or if maybe you're just trolling us. Evan Brown is the starting C, and he's not a scrub - he might be one of the better centers in the league next year if a hotshot rookie doesn't come along, in which case he might be starting RG. Poona isn't even on the team any more.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:30 am

24 starts in 2021/2022 with a mid-60's PFF grade. I guess that's better than Blythe!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:52 pm

57reasons wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:26 am
i get that our rush D sucked, and he's old, but i just didnt see Woods as part of the problem. sure looked to me like he was the immovable object in the middle we need more of, not less. my hope is this is a bet that at his age the market doesnt call and they then try to bring him back for lesser coin - wouldnt be the first time we've seen that.
I though a couple of things when I heard this. First, much like when I heard all this talk about how great Brooks was, how can these guys play on one of the worst rush defenses I've ever seen and be playing well? Anyone that played a down for this team on the front seven last year should have no shock at all if they are cut. I wasn't expecting it, but they are cleaning house. I said all year, this just looks like a group of guys getting their asses kicked every single down. It wasn't like years past when we watched our DBs line up two yards behind the sticks and back pedal at the snap...this was an entire group that couldn't get off a block. An entire group that fell for just about every single boot leg that was ever run against them. It was everything from not being able to get off a block to not being able to tackle. Sure, I guess there is always ways to help with a scheme, but very few times did I watch and think the coaching was the issue. We had players in the box on run downs that would just get OWNED.