He’s back!!!

Michael K.

Re: He’s back!!!

Post by Michael K. » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:31 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:51 pm

Donald missed six games last season, had 49 tackles and five sacks
Great point. I had totally forgotten about that.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:43 am

Pete on Julian Love

"I know there's some conversation that what we did with Julian, does that have some impact on Jamal or Quandre -- it doesn't. We have a clear thought of what we're going to do with our guys and how we want to play them and we feel very fortunate to have all our guys."

That plan includes packages that employ three safeties on the field together, with Adams playing closer to the line of scrimmage in a pseudo-linebacker role. The Seahawks intended to do that in 2022, believing it could reignite Adams after his down season in 2021, but he was lost for the year in the first half of their opener. On the play he was injured, Adams blitzed from a linebacker alignment with two safeties lined up behind him.

"We've been on this for a while," Carroll said.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:06 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:43 am
Pete on Julian Love

"I know there's some conversation that what we did with Julian, does that have some impact on Jamal or Quandre -- it doesn't. We have a clear thought of what we're going to do with our guys and how we want to play them and we feel very fortunate to have all our guys."

That plan includes packages that employ three safeties on the field together, with Adams playing closer to the line of scrimmage in a pseudo-linebacker role. The Seahawks intended to do that in 2022, believing it could reignite Adams after his down season in 2021, but he was lost for the year in the first half of their opener. On the play he was injured, Adams blitzed from a linebacker alignment with two safeties lined up behind him.

"We've been on this for a while," Carroll said.
Yeah, no surprises here. It was pretty well documented that they had big plans for Jamal at or near the LOS last year. The frustrating part about reading that last year was having to hear how much energy they put into making a guy that has been far less than durable such a key cog to the defense. It would be like designing the entire offense around Penny, and having no other option remotely similar if Penny went down. I mean, that seemed to be the very reason they drafted Walker. And, a big reason many have them eyeing the RB from Texas this year. Two backs that can shoulder the load. Relying on Adams to be the motor of a defense is basically deciding you will be rowing the boat because the motor is out.

I was all for seeing Adams in that role. I had little to no belief that it would last. One half of football? I didn't see that coming, but I am sure GameTime did! :lol:

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:37 pm

Adams is too small to survive butting heads with the big boys at the LoS. If Carroll intends to use him primarily in that role i would put the o/u on games he will play this season at 8.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:42 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:37 pm
Adams is too small to survive butting heads with the big boys at the LoS. If Carroll intends to use him primarily in that role i would put the o/u on games he will play this season at 8.
I would foresee it as the role he played with the Jets, and made the All Rookie team followed by two straight All Pros. You know, when the DC responsible for Bounty Gate came out and said Adams wouldn't like it here because we wouldn't know how to use him, and everyone scoffed?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:45 pm

Did the Jets play 3 safeties much?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:58 pm

Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:45 pm
Did the Jets play 3 safeties much?
I couldn't tell you. I do remember all the break downs after we got him of how he lines up all over the field, and that he was a Box Safety. Certainly not a Center Field type. Seems we played him that way his first season, and not so much the season he struggled so much.

I found this quote, but can't seem to find the article that was all over our topics about how he was more weapon than Safety. I remember Donn being ridiculed quite a bit by us, myself included, for continually saying "I guess it''ll be about how we use him", or something to that effect. Donn seems to have been very correct.
To acquire one of the game's top defensive players, the Seahawks are sending to the Jets first and third-round picks in next year's draft, a first-rounder in 2022, and safety Bradley McDougald. The Jets are sending a 2022 fourth-round pick to Seattle in addition to Adams, again, all pending physicals.
That was the consensus when he got here. Funny how his old DC didn't think we'd know how to use him, he gets here, we don't know how to use him, but everyone blames the player.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:06 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:42 pm
Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:37 pm
I would foresee it as the role he played with the Jets, and made the All Rookie team followed by two straight All Pros. You know, when the DC responsible for Bounty Gate came out and said Adams wouldn't like it here because we wouldn't know how to use him, and everyone scoffed?
He isn't butting heads with them, he is running around them. Makes me think of derrick Thomas, remember his seven sack day against the hawks. Though Adams is pretty light, 213 lbs? That's too light to move him to linebacker isn't it? Seemed that was the talk