He’s back!!!

57reasons

Re: He’s back!!!

Post by 57reasons » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:55 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:55 pm
trharder wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:29 pm
Are we supposed to believe Bobby will look different in the 2023 defense (more Ram like?) than he did in the 2021 defense?
I'm glad he's back, but the new-scheme 2022 Seahawk defense was bad. The thought was we didn't have the right players for the
scheme. So the Seahawks are bringing back an old player to bolster the new scheme. Huzzah!!!
That is exactly what Bob is saying...
Given the conventional wisdom that Bobby's coverage skills are what has declined most with age, isn't it only logical that the new 3-4 is a better scheme fit for him than the 4-3 where he had the whole middle to cover?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:33 am

Isn't it about him being more aggressive at the line of scrimmage? There was speculation about that I thought, seems it was the Rams plan

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:22 am

57reasons wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:39 pm
what a fantastic month of March - first Geno on the team-friendly deal, then Jones the long-sought inside rusher, then Reed back, then a badly needed upgrade at Center, then Bush, then Love, then Bobby! oh and lose LJ and Cody while we're at it!
John doing work this month.
Other than Jones (and maybe Wagner) i'm not too stoked about those moves.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:45 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:22 am
57reasons wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:39 pm
what a fantastic month of March - first Geno on the team-friendly deal, then Jones the long-sought inside rusher, then Reed back, then a badly needed upgrade at Center, then Bush, then Love, then Bobby! oh and lose LJ and Cody while we're at it!
John doing work this month.
Other than Jones (and maybe Wagner) i'm not too stoked about those moves.
That's too bad, 'cause you SHOULD be. Brown is a very good center, Love is a pro bowl caliber player, BWagz a first ballot HOFer, Reed solid, and Bush... well, he was a top-10 pick a few years ago and played like it until he got hurt, so has potential if nothing else. We know you hate Geno so won't even bring up the fact he was one of the best QBs in the league.

Just out of curiosity, what move WOULD make you stoked?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:02 am

thought it was a pretty good collection to fill needs. Imagine they will draft a center but you can't expect them to start. Love seemed like a steal

Many New York Giants fans were surprised when the team let starting safety Julian Love walk in free agency this past week.

Most were sure they would find a way to bring the former Notre Dame star — who has improved each season he’s been here — back into the fold.

In a recent article for Pro Football Focus, Brad Spielberger listed Love as the Giants’ biggest loss this offseason.

Many people around the league are very surprised by Love signing a deal for just two years and $12 million (with Seattle). It will be interesting to see how the Giants address their secondary because they need reinforcements.

Love earned a career-high 71.5 coverage grade in 2022 and lined up all over the formation, with 271 snaps down in the box, 154 in the slot and 494 at free safety. He’s a Swiss Army knife on the back end who rarely misses a tackle. Among 43 safeties with at least 150 tackles over the past three seasons, Love’s 13 missed tackles are the second fewest

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:33 am

With Adams, Neal, and Diggs all healthy where are they going to use him, nickel corner? Good depth piece though.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:43 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:02 am
thought it was a pretty good collection to fill needs. Imagine they will draft a center but you can't expect them to start. Love seemed like a steal

Many New York Giants fans were surprised when the team let starting safety Julian Love walk in free agency this past week.

Most were sure they would find a way to bring the former Notre Dame star — who has improved each season he’s been here — back into the fold.

In a recent article for Pro Football Focus, Brad Spielberger listed Love as the Giants’ biggest loss this offseason.

Many people around the league are very surprised by Love signing a deal for just two years and $12 million (with Seattle). It will be interesting to see how the Giants address their secondary because they need reinforcements.

Love earned a career-high 71.5 coverage grade in 2022 and lined up all over the formation, with 271 snaps down in the box, 154 in the slot and 494 at free safety. He’s a Swiss Army knife on the back end who rarely misses a tackle. Among 43 safeties with at least 150 tackles over the past three seasons, Love’s 13 missed tackles are the second fewest
I always took Acting for granted until I saw Keanu Reeves try to act. I always took tackling in the NFL for granted until I saw the Seahawks try to tackle last season. Glad that are focused on not being Keanu Reeves again.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:29 pm

Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:33 am
With Adams, Neal, and Diggs all healthy where are they going to use him, nickel corner? Good depth piece though.
What are the chances all of those three would remain healthy for more than one game? Neal is a restricted FA.
He will probably end up on the Seahawks again, but it's not inked.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:31 pm

The Wagner signing doesn't mean much to me. Hope I'm wrong.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:13 pm

Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:33 am
You're expecting Adams to be healthy? That's what I love about you, that optimism