Jalen Carter is not that good.

seattlefan-daBronx

Re: Jalen Carter is not that good.

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:57 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:50 pm
I will personally never understand how easily people are discounting the QB discussion.

Even if you ride with Geno – and he maintains his level of productivity – how many years does that get you? How does Geno’s track record + waiting for a 40% snap player with serious character concerns to adapt to NFL life take you to the promised land in the next 2-3 seasons?

The Eagles just paid Jalen Hurts $255m. The Seahawks brilliantly negotiated a fantastic contract with Geno that allows them the opportunity to take a QB at 5 and not have to throw them to the NFL wolves.

Even if Carter didn’t have all those gigantic red flags, I’d still be thinking they need to go QB and at worst we’d settle for Carter if they don’t get the one they want.

Starting NFL QBs older than Geno:

Aaron Rodgers – unicorn re-starting life with the Jets
Andy Dalton – journeyman in Carolina will be obsolete by mid-2023
Kirk Cousins – 13-4 last year but it might be 2023 or bust
Matt Stafford – SB champ but battered by injuries
Russell Wilson – trying to re-establish himself after a disaster 2022

Honestly – do the Seahawks have a window of 2 years to build everything else up around Geno? And can he outperform those top 5’s best couple years in that time frame?

And Richardson’s only 20 frickin years old. 20!
Bryce Young 21
CJ Stroud 21
Levis 23
Hooker 25
Ben doesn't give a shit about football. He just wants to win the freaking contest and say I told you so f*ckers! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's the thrill of the fight!!!

Bye the way I have no horse in this race but I do hope they go Dfence first. Sorry Ben my brother. :D We need playmakers imho that can actually sack a QB.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:03 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:57 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
I will personally never understand how easily people are discounting the QB discussion.

Even if you ride with Geno – and he maintains his level of productivity – how many years does that get you? How does Geno’s track record + waiting for a 40% snap player with serious character concerns to adapt to NFL life take you to the promised land in the next 2-3 seasons?

The Eagles just paid Jalen Hurts $255m. The Seahawks brilliantly negotiated a fantastic contract with Geno that allows them the opportunity to take a QB at 5 and not have to throw them to the NFL wolves.

Even if Carter didn’t have all those gigantic red flags, I’d still be thinking they need to go QB and at worst we’d settle for Carter if they don’t get the one they want.

Honestly – do the Seahawks have a window of 2 years to build everything else up around Geno? And can he outperform those top 5’s best couple years in that time frame?

Bryce Young 21
CJ Stroud 21
Levis 23
Hooker 25
Ben doesn't give a shit about football. He just wants to win the freaking contest and say I told you so f*ckers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bye the way I have no horse in this race but I do hope they go Dfence first. Sorry Ben my brother. :D We need playmakers imho that can actually sack a QB.
:lol: :lol:

LMAO CHAD!!!!!! :lol:

I will never knock you for you're opinion! I haven't been this excited for a draft in such a long time! The anxiety is killing me over here!!!

Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:20 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:03 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Bryce Young 21
CJ Stroud 21
Levis 23
Hooker 25

I will never knock you for you're opinion! I haven't been this excited for a draft in such a long time! The anxiety is killing me over here!!!

:lol:
I picture your face painted green and blue holding a sign bigger than your body standing in the front row in Kansas City.
Screaming like a teenage girl when Roger stroke Goodell steps to the mic and announces "And with the number 5 pick in the 2023 NFL draft....the Seattle Seahawks pick....." THen the ESPN camera pans your way and despite your glee or angst you shout "F*uck yeah!" in support of your team. :lol:
Ben at the draft.gif
Ben at the draft.gif (3.22 MiB) Viewed 205 times
Last edited by seattlefan-daBronx on Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:24 pm

Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:20 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:03 pm

:lol:
I picture your face painted green and blue holding a sign bigger than your body standing in the front row in Kansas City.
Screaming like a teenage girl when Roger stroke Goodell steps to the mic and announces "And with the number 5 pick in the 2023 NFL draft....the Seattle Seahawks pick....." THen the ESPN camera pans your way and despite your glee or angst you shout "F*uck yeah!" in support of your team. :lol:
I will legitimately start laughing if we take Richardson at 5 and Carter at 20. :lol: :lol: :lol:

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:25 pm

Ben at the draft.gif
Ben at the draft.gif (3.22 MiB) Viewed 204 times

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:27 pm

Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:25 pm
Ben at the draft.gif
I went to the draft in '18!!!!!! It was one of the greatest days of my life!!!! My home boy won tickets and took me for my College graduation present!!
Attachments
Screenshot_20230426_162704_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230426_162641_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230426_162651_Gallery.jpg

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:34 pm

Very cool.
Thx 4 the pics.
Reminds me of when we went to the pregame playoff week before the Seahawks vs. Giants game.
Took my son with me and fans in the middle of Times Square were chanting "Seahawks!" "Seahawks!".
We froze our asses off that fine January day but the Hawks absolutely dismantled the Giants.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:52 pm

Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:34 pm
Very cool.
Thx 4 the pics.
Reminds me of when we went to the pregame playoff week before the Seahawks vs. Giants game.
Took my son with me and fans in the middle of Times Square were chanting "Seahawks!" "Seahawks!".
We froze our asses off that fine January day but the Hawks absolutely dismantled the Giants.
Tell Zack I said "Wassup!?"

Looking forward to hear how journey through the medical field goes!

Just FYI:

Michael Lombardi the latest to say doesn’t sound like Carter to Seattle

https://www.vsin.com/lombardi-whispers- ... nfl-draft/

Sounds to me like QB or trade down!

Also, Tony Pauline @TonyPauline

Confirmed with multiple sources- the Eagles are setting the ground work for a potential move up from pick #10 if they could get one of the pass rushers.

“I have a strong sense Seattle won’t leave Round 1 without a quarterback. The more I talk to execs, scouts, coaches and agents, the more I think the Seahawks could be targeting Stroud or even Florida’s Anthony Richardson at this spot, depending on who is there.”

–Todd McShay

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:25 pm

I love both you guys. Honored to have you as friends. :!:
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:42 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:25 pm
I love both you guys. Honored to have you as friends. :!:
Likewise homie! This is literally my favorite site to come to on a daily basis!! So blessed to have this!