Jalen Carter is not that good.

seattlefan-daBronx

Re: Jalen Carter is not that good.

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:43 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:25 pm
I love both you guys. Honored to have you as friends. :!:
Right back at you big guy! We need another Arizona trip!
I'll see you soon in the big apple.
I can taste that steak already. :D
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:45 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:50 pm
I will personally never understand how easily people are discounting the QB discussion.

Even if you ride with Geno – and he maintains his level of productivity – how many years does that get you? How does Geno’s track record + waiting for a 40% snap player with serious character concerns to adapt to NFL life take you to the promised land in the next 2-3 seasons?
1) Because the 49ers showed the best path to success is NOT with a highly drafted QB, but by building up a strong roster and having a QB that just doesn't fuck up. Young and Stroud have showed they can be that kind of QB, Levis and Richardson have not. In fact, the opposite - they are inaccurate and inconsistent, with high turnover potential. If Young or Stroud were available, that's one thing. The other two are simply reaches for potential lottery tickets.

2) the Seahawks showed last year that their offense can be successful with an unspectacular QB that just "gets it" (it being taking care of the ball) and can deliver the ball accurately.

Even if Geno fails, the QB of the future can be found in later rounds, future drafts, or maybe it's Lock. If you don't find it, there are competent NFL QBs available every year as a stop-gap. There is no desperate need to find a future superstar QB.

So, it's not that anybody is against picking a QB, it's just there is no reason to use a rare #5 overall pick on a project when you already have a pro bowl QB.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:18 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:25 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:31 pm
What I would like is after investigating all the issues involved with Carter they felt confident they could mold him into a great NFL nose tackle. That would be the ideal pick
Guessing his agent coached him up to say all the right things. Question is if he was smart enough to memorize his lines and parrot them back out and PC and JS and if they bought it.
I think researching a number five draft pick involves more than an interview of the guy

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:34 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:45 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:50 pm
I will personally never understand how easily people are discounting the QB discussion.

Even if you ride with Geno – and he maintains his level of productivity – how many years does that get you? How does Geno’s track record + waiting for a 40% snap player with serious character concerns to adapt to NFL life take you to the promised land in the next 2-3 seasons?
1) Because the 49ers showed the best path to success is NOT with a highly drafted QB, but by building up a strong roster and having a QB that just doesn't fuck up. Young and Stroud have showed they can be that kind of QB, Levis and Richardson have not. In fact, the opposite - they are inaccurate and inconsistent, with high turnover potential. If Young or Stroud were available, that's one thing. The other two are simply reaches for potential lottery tickets.

2) the Seahawks showed last year that their offense can be successful with an unspectacular QB that just "gets it" (it being taking care of the ball) and can deliver the ball accurately.

Even if Geno fails, the QB of the future can be found in later rounds, future drafts, or maybe it's Lock. If you don't find it, there are competent NFL QBs available every year as a stop-gap. There is no desperate need to find a future superstar QB.

So, it's not that anybody is against picking a QB, it's just there is no reason to use a rare #5 overall pick on a project when you already have a pro bowl QB.
We're gonna find out in less than 24 Hrs

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:31 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:34 am

yep. You'd better hope they take a QB 'cause I'm gonna be fuggin' incorrigable if I end up being right. :lol: :lol:

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:05 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:31 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:34 am

yep. You'd better hope they take a QB 'cause I'm gonna be fuggin' incorrigable if I end up being right. :lol: :lol:
Honestly, I hope its Will Anderson!! I think everyone keeps forgetting that lol. I do like the QB's a lot. But Anderson is my preferred choice. I also put I think they'll trade down in my latest and final mock draft last night.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:21 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... in-top-10/

Whoa OK. If that doesn’t get you to think twice, nothing will.

When it comes to defensive tackle Jalen Carter, the word making the rounds before the draft was that the Georgia coaches did not have nice things to say. (We specifically decided not to mention any of that until after he was picked, so as not to participate in the pre-draft effort to get guys to fall.)

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media hinted at that last night after Carter became the ninth overall pick in the draft. We’ve heard it more bluntly and strongly. Members of the Georgia coaching staff are not Jalen Carter fans, and they weren’t bashful about saying so.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:32 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:21 pm

When it comes to defensive tackle Jalen Carter, the word making the rounds before the draft was that the Georgia coaches did not have nice things to say. (We specifically decided not to mention any of that until after he was picked, so as not to participate in the pre-draft effort to get guys to fall.)

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media hinted at that last night after Carter became the ninth overall pick in the draft. We’ve heard it more bluntly and strongly. Members of the Georgia coaching staff are not Jalen Carter fans, and they weren’t bashful about saying so.
A reporter asked John and Pete if they were tempted to take D-line and John was like "naw" and didn't seem to be just spinning the story. They researched, got the info they needed, and decided to pass on arguably the most talented football player in the draft. That is enough to convince me there was some truth to it. I still think it's a shame. I was 110% on the Jalen Carter train before the arrest, 80% after, then down to hands-in-the-air-'cause-I-don't-know after Pro Day. Would've been such a perfect fit.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:35 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:32 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:21 pm

A reporter asked John and Pete if they were tempted to take D-line and John was like "naw" and didn't seem to be just spinning the story. They researched, got the info they needed, and decided to pass on arguably the most talented football player in the draft. That is enough to convince me there was some truth to it. I still think it's a shame. I was 110% on the Jalen Carter train before the arrest, 80% after, then down to hands-in-the-air-'cause-I-don't-know after Pro Day. Would've been such a perfect fit.
It is a shame. But if he was the beast, and leader, and true grit work you're ass off warrior, then we might be talking about him going #1 overall instead.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri May 12, 2023 9:12 pm

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... ss-on-him/

Did this kid really just flash blood signs and post this video?! Oh man!! What a fucking idiot!! I am so glad we didn't draft him! Now he's already facing a suspension with the league, and whats even worse, he's painted a target on his back.